Notices

b20b non v turbo build to 400whp e85 the needs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:14 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: b20b non v turbo build to 400whp e85 the needs

Too lazy to search, thinks caps lock is cruise control for cool.

Wantboost, can we just cut to the punchline on this one?
Old 09-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm considering it...
Old 09-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

This thread is now about potatoes.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been searching so how am i being lazy ? so why dont you just stop commenting if you all your gone do is be a annoying douch bag that has no idea that ive been searching the search bar maybe thats y i made a post instead
Old 09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

btw caps lock was on cause my key board is broke and caps lock doesnt turn off. so if you dont want to help with info or help with navigating the seach function then get the **** of the post plain and simple.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

94 gsr what intercooler set up is that i like how you dont have to cut the wholes in the car.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

Old 09-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96ekb20
94 gsr what intercooler set up is that i like how you dont have to cut the wholes in the car.
It's a cheap *** cxracing intercooler lol. I have methanol injection to cool the intake charge :-P The piping I fabricated out of 2.5" mild steel mandal bends.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

Fried potatoes.
Baked potatoes.
Scalloped potatoes.
Potatoes and onions.
Potato soup.
Potatoes and gravy.

Potatoes are amazing.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Old 09-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

Potatoes are my favorite potatoes.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:58 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty obvious that you haven't tried searching properly, or even reading, for that matter. Every time you say "I have searched", it's blatantly obvious that you're lying to us. While we're at it, this isn't a chat room - you don't have to create a new post for every inane, stupid thought that comes out of your head. If you have the most recent reply to the thread, click the EDIT button. It looks like this.

This is forum 101 type ****. "My caps lock is always stuck on" is a shitty excuse, too.

You are painfully full of shitty excuses, lies, and a complete lack of effort. Two of those things don't work well with a forum. The third doesn't work well with building a performance-oriented vehicle of any sort, let alone a turbo car.

The people around here are full of a plethora of great information. We can be amazingly helpful. We just have a few very simple expectations of you, as a poster. We expect you to put in a modicum of effort. We expect you to listen to us when we give you an answer. We expect you to follow basic netiquette. You have, so far, failed on all three counts. Do yourself a favor and straighten yourself up, and you'll get everything you want out of this forum and more. Continue down the absolutely **** path you're taking now, and the only thing you'll get is a swift kick in the *** right out of here.

It's your choice.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not cutting a corner just not over build alot is all. stock ls rods arp have held 450 bunch of times. and like ive said the car will only be at that power level 15 times a yr. only going to do it over once after this. and thats when the car becomes a 11.5 index car. so for the time being the long block will be fine. im not going to push it to make 400 if it only want to make 350 then thats what it makes a combo tell you what it wants to do.
Its already rare as is for a non v to hit 450whp regardless, and to get that far, you need a BIG turbo and a built head, and Id assume anyone willing to drop over $1,000 on a head can afford $350 rods.

I agree with others, you're cutting corners. $350 isnt ****.... Id be more concern about stock b20 sleeves than anything....

I put down 293whp on stock rods no prob, but when I up the boost by 10lbs, I installed eagles.

seriously, you're a fool if you intend to get 400-450whp on stock ls rods.

Originally Posted by wantboost
Turn off caps lock...

Here's the thing with forged pistons on stock rods...

We all know the weak link with stock internals is the cast piston ringlands. When you replace the OEM with stronger forged pistons but use stock rods then the weak link is the rods. Consider this. When a stock piston cracks a ringland it's a fairly benign failure. Typically a good home or slight overbore and you're on your way. When a stock rod fails it's going to kill everything in its path (sleeves, crank, water jacket) and then depending on where in the stroke it broke the piston could damage the cylinder head beyond use as well and then the remains of the rod will exit the engine via the side of the block, oil pan, or both.

That failure would require finding a new shortblock or possibly an entire engine vs a stock piston ringland failure just needing new pistons. Tell me which one costs more money and time? Now think about how you could avoid all of that **** by spending a relatively small amount of money on a set of forged rods...

There's a reason you never see anyone who's trying to make decent power run forged pistons on stock rods. Don't be an idiot and cut corners. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
Originally Posted by NotARaCist
It's pretty obvious that you haven't tried searching properly, or even reading, for that matter. Every time you say "I have searched", it's blatantly obvious that you're lying to us. While we're at it, this isn't a chat room - you don't have to create a new post for every inane, stupid thought that comes out of your head. If you have the most recent reply to the thread, click the EDIT button. It looks like this.

This is forum 101 type ****. "My caps lock is always stuck on" is a shitty excuse, too.

You are painfully full of shitty excuses, lies, and a complete lack of effort. Two of those things don't work well with a forum. The third doesn't work well with building a performance-oriented vehicle of any sort, let alone a turbo car.

The people around here are full of a plethora of great information. We can be amazingly helpful. We just have a few very simple expectations of you, as a poster. We expect you to put in a modicum of effort. We expect you to listen to us when we give you an answer. We expect you to follow basic netiquette. You have, so far, failed on all three counts. Do yourself a favor and straighten yourself up, and you'll get everything you want out of this forum and more. Continue down the absolutely **** path you're taking now, and the only thing you'll get is a swift kick in the *** right out of here.

It's your choice.

These guys deserve awards....
Old 09-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

btw caps lock was on cause my key board is broke and caps lock doesnt turn off. so if you dont want to help with info or help with navigating the seach function then get the **** of the post plain and simple.
LMAO!!! I literally lost it when I saw your first post with the all caps, wantboost beat me to the punchline though so I let off; came back a few hours later and saw this and literally laughed my *** of again
THANKS!

Originally Posted by NotARaCist

It's your choice.
Heh, I think you'll be seeing that word more often

Guys, guys, lemme handle this:

LERN 2 REED OR GTFO NOOB

In all seriousness though, we can be kinda ******** around here when people say stupid stuff, but if you can get over it and (well, you don't even have to admit them) correct your mistakes then you become another one of the cool guys... cuz you know the cool guys are all in FI
Old 09-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TravisBiggie
Its already rare as is for a non v to hit 450whp

These guys deserve awards....
Well uh, lightningteg did 600whp with not even that big of a turbo (for 600whp, of course) so I wouldn't say it's a complete waste going for it on an LS head, though he will need to build it for sure. Vtec may be cheaper though :p

Sleeves are the biggest issue I see with this. E85 or meth WILL be necessary OP

Can I get an award? : D
Old 09-28-2015, 05:14 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Another thread with the same idiots shitting on people

This is why this section is dead
Old 09-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Its not rare in the sense that it is difficult, its just that most people buy into the trope that it cant be done without maximum effort and go straight for the vtec head.

Stop entertaining these threads. Close em up, send them to the FAQ and move on. Especially when the OP asks such fundamental questions
Old 09-28-2015, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default b20b non v turbo build to 400whp e85 the needs

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Its not rare in the sense that it is difficult, its just that most people buy into the trope that it cant be done without maximum effort and go straight for the vtec head.

Stop entertaining these threads. Close em up, send them to the FAQ and move on. Especially when the OP asks such fundamental questions
400-450 on an ls isnt difficult at all. It really is just a matter of people getting vtec yo stuck in their head for power. If i use a slightly bigger turbo on my build it would peak over 400 easily, but my setup is going to have a ported head with good cams in it. I only want 350-380hp so a gtx2867r would be sized just right imo
Old 09-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

The funny thing about threads like this is the questions being asked. The poster obviously had his motor situated, he also had an idea of what turbo kit he was planning on using.

He even had two turbo choices in mind with a price point, he also mentioned he had a shop that was ready to tune his car once complete.

My only question for threads like this is why not just give your tuner a call and consult with them. Talk to them about your hp goals, give them your thoughts on turbo selection and see what they would say.

A good tuner who knows what they are doing and who has been around long enough has most likely seen and tuned any setup you can think of. They can usually tell you what works and what doesn't work.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
Another thread with the same idiots shitting on people

This is why this section is dead
lol?

Did you even read what this guy posted, he even went over to another thread (turbo b18 builds?) and started completely shitposting off topic there. Yeah these guys take it a bit far sometimes (even by my standards) but in reality who wants another shitkid creating more cancerous posts on this site? We told him to stop it, if he does all will be well. Once he reads the faqs and does some searching he'll probably figure out most of his **** and we can call it a day.

If you're such a saint maybe you should directly address him and give him all the information he requires for his build, and then tell him "i believe in you honey" just to top it off.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont see how what ive posted since ive been on this forum has been **** posting but ok.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a total of 1000 into this whole long block. sorry that i find good deals and build engines for a living. seems like i made the mistake to join a forum of complete douch bags. if you think im being lazy or im a lier then why dont you just move on. ive already ordered my garrett 63 trim.70 ar compressor .63 ar hot side turbo just came back from garrett for 250. will be using the misimoto j series intercooler and 3" pipe kit. thanks for the help good day.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a total of 1000 into this whole long block. sorry that i find good deals and build engines for a living. seems like i made the mistake to join a forum of complete douch bags. if you think im being lazy or im a lier then why dont you just move on. ive already ordered my garrett 63 trim.70 ar compressor .63 ar hot side turbo just came back from garrett for 250. will be using the misimoto j series intercooler and 3" pipe kit. thanks for the help good day.
When are you expecting to have this thing running? Post up your dyno results. I'm always interested in seeing what other non vtec setups are putting down.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boosted94gsr
When are you expecting to have this thing running? Post up your dyno results. I'm always interested in seeing what other non vtec setups are putting down.
most likely after new yrs. plan on getting 5k on the new motor first and i dont drive to far so it takes some time.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

most likely after new yrs. plan on getting 5k on the new motor first and i dont drive to far so it takes some time.
Really not necessary. Lots of info on breaking in motors here.

Quick Reply: b20b non v turbo build to 400whp e85 the needs