Notices

b18c5 + greddy turbo kit (18g) - suggestions and comments?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default b18c5 + greddy turbo kit (18g) - suggestions and comments?

I scored a greddy turbo kit for the ls and intend to put it on the itr.

I intend to use it with hondata s200b and dsm 450cc injectors.

Also have an intercooler which is 30"x8"x2" (not counting the endtanks), along with hks ss bov, and all the piping, etc. I intend to run between 8-9psi once tuned. The goal is not necessarily max whp, but a quick spooling responsive turbo that will help out in my autox class (SM).

Now my question has to do with the downpipe (2"?) and how I can run a bigger one. Does someone make a 3" downpipe for the greddy kit?

Also, how does the internally gated greddy turbo work with an electronic boost controller? The controller determines the vacuum the wastegate see's?

With a goal of 300whp max, I doubt this turbo will get me there (being so small) - but how are people making this determination? By the compressor maps or what?
Old 04-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: b18c5 + greddy turbo kit (18g) - suggestions and comments? (Black R)

it's really not that small, and it can easily support 300whp.

as for downpipes, no one really makes an off the shelf one. some guy on here made a few a long time ago if i remember, but that was it. Any competent welder can make you one though.

as for the boost controller I am not exactly sure how it works, but I know it does (obviously )
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I scored a greddy turbo kit for the ls and intend to put it on the itr.

I intend to use it with hondata s200b and dsm 450cc injectors.

Also have an intercooler which is 30"x8"x2" (not counting the endtanks), along with hks ss bov, and all the piping, etc. I intend to run between 8-9psi once tuned. The goal is not necessarily max whp, but a quick spooling responsive turbo that will help out in my autox class (SM).

Now my question has to do with the downpipe (2"?) and how I can run a bigger one. Does someone make a 3" downpipe for the greddy kit?

Also, how does the internally gated greddy turbo work with an electronic boost controller? The controller determines the vacuum the wastegate see's?

With a goal of 300whp max, I doubt this turbo will get me there (being so small) - but how are people making this determination? By the compressor maps or what? </TD></TR></TABLE>