Notices

B18C w/ Jackson Racing Supercharger in 93DX Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C w/ Jackson Racing Supercharger in 93DX Hatch

Well, I thought I would share my excitement. After buying a 93 hatch this spring I got right in to fixing her up. After some body work, paint, and a set of minty fresh GSR blades, I started planning for a great daily driver project.

I actually have two simultaneous projects:

1. Full suspension, steering, and brake upgrades

2. B18C with Jackson Racing Supercharger swap

I have completely got everything for my suspension and brake swap. Eibach coil overs with polyurethane bushings throughout. Eibach sway bars in the front and rear. Replacing all tie rods and ball joints with Moog parts. Also have a full GSR brake swap with a JDM ITR master cylinder and booster. Some Goodridge SS lines and Hawk HP pads should give some great brake feel.

I also bought a used supercharger. Great condition and an almost complete kit. A few pieces missing but nothing major. Overall very happy. I am currently collecting for the rest of engine swap. Need my fuel mods, motor mounts, and clutch & flywheel. My car is also an automatic so I have to get everything for that conversion as well.

Very excited. I am not shooting for the stars obviously. It should be a great daily driver, very reliable, and of course very fun Hopefully going to make around 230whp on 8psi when I get it tuned.

Thanks all.

Some pics.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 PM

im actually working on putting together a similar project.
b20 lsvtec with a jrsc in an eg hatch with a 50 shot on top of it... car looks very clean man keep us updated.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet. I would like to see some pics of your setup.

Thanks for the compliments. It's going to be awhile before I order my engine, but I am determined to do this.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what colour is that?
Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its the factory blue. Not sure the name, but it is definitely OEM.

Don't you just love it. I had to do some bodywork to this car, and I will have to do an auto to manual swap when I do my engine swap. But it is all worth it. I fell in love with the color when I first saw it. When I bought it, I was looking at another hatch in perfect condition, but it was teal.

Thanks.

Last edited by iliv2xlr8; 12-20-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn thats a hot eg
Old 12-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck man, it should be a fun daily. not sure if youve checked out yet but the JRSC thread here is pretty dam informative! https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/%2A%2A%2A-official-jrsc-thread%2A%2A%2A-1214810/
also check this site out http://www.ftlracing.com/ very useful information from a member on here called Veris. but here a little sneak at my plans....

going in this

Old 12-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is the same color as my old hatch, but it wasn't in that good of condition. Looks great!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 5spdfrk
That is the same color as my old hatch, but it wasn't in that good of condition. Looks great!
Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt
damn thats a hot eg
Thanks. Its taken a little work to get the body looking good. It still needs some work. The roof is pretty faded. I am going to get it painted this spring. Also, the black hood from the previous owner will be replaced with a carbon one. All in time though. I am focusing on my swap for now. But yes, I am very pleased with the body. The interior is in excellent condition also.

Originally Posted by I CRX I
good luck man, it should be a fun daily. not sure if youve checked out yet but the JRSC thread here is pretty dam informative! https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214810
also check this site out http://www.ftlracing.com/ very useful information from a member on here called Veris. but here a little sneak at my plans....
NICE! That Sir is a clean CRX. That B20 should be a beast in that chassis! Thanks for the link. I actually read that thread when I was looking into getting a JRSC. I originally was just going to swap the GSR and call it a day, but the JRSC intrigued me and I figured why not. Especially when I picked up my used kit for $1k. It just made sense...

Quick question. Have you considered having your JRSC ported? I was going to call LHT and get some details. I have been considering it. I don't want to run their intercooler due to cost and increased complexity. However, I have heard great things about intake temps dropping from the blower, S tube, and manifold being ported. Your opinion?

Thanks again,
-Xlr8
Old 12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeap thats hella cleannnnn car....
Old 12-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18C w/ Jackson Racing Supercharger in 93DX Hatch

Thanks! It will finally run as good as it looks. I've got the automatic D15 blues....
Old 12-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Porting helps IAT's by changing the efficiency range of the blower if you want to run more than 6-8 PSI. The LHT kit helps with heat soak if you are getting in boost a lot. Even a ported blower will heat soak after a few pulls. Take it to the dyno and you will see what I mean, after 2-3 pulls you need to let it cool down for several minutes before doing another pull or your IAT's get ridiculous (250+). With the LHT setup it cools down in a few seconds. I had a ported blower and the LHT setup on my last JRSC setup, and both worked well.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rmcdaniels
Porting helps IAT's by changing the efficiency range of the blower if you want to run more than 6-8 PSI. The LHT kit helps with heat soak if you are getting in boost a lot. Even a ported blower will heat soak after a few pulls. Take it to the dyno and you will see what I mean, after 2-3 pulls you need to let it cool down for several minutes before doing another pull or your IAT's get ridiculous (250+). With the LHT setup it cools down in a few seconds. I had a ported blower and the LHT setup on my last JRSC setup, and both worked well.
I will only be running 8psi. I didn't know if porting would help at that boost level. I may add an LHT later. I am trying to keep my project cost down. The LHT looks like an awesome unit. Though it is another point of failure, I'm sure it is worth it.

I will probably run it stock for awhile, get a feel for it, restore some of my funds, and go from there.