Notices

B18C Turbo question (pre-warning-I'm a NEWB) ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C Turbo question (pre-warning-I'm a NEWB) ....

I have a 94 Integra w/a B18C swap , T-3/T-4 hybrid 70trim , FMIC , SAFC controller. The motor is mainly stock. I'm in the process of upgrading fuel. I did get 450cc injectors out of a talon , are these good ? Now the turbo at the moment is not making much boost , maybe 8lbs max , i have no controller on it at the moment , but even at low boost , in 2nd gear it feels like it's wanting to nose over a little , kinda like flattens out , but in the higher RPM in second it feels fine , and third it pulls strong. I'am running stock injectors , pump , etc at the moment. What do u guy's reccomend for a pump and injectors ? Now on to my next question ..... I bought the SAFC used , i have no idea how to install it , do u guy's ? Is it any good ? Or should i purchase a better device for tuning. Mainly , i would like to put down well over 300 fwhp.What do i have to do to get there ? Please help , i'm so new to this and i'm lost on what to do.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B18C Turbo question (pre-warning-I'm a NEWB) .... (Realm)

what kind if fuel management are you using now? im assuming an FMU since you are still on stock injectors?

the dsm 450s will work pretty well but you will need to wire up a resistor box to make them work right. they are low impedence aka peak and hold while most hondas including the gsr use high impedence aka saturated. you might as well grab a bigger fuel pump and if you want to make much moe than 300hp then some bigger injectors would probabyl be a good idea as well.

i would ditch the safc. you wuold be better of with some other ems like aem, hondata, uberdata or crome.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: B18C Turbo question (dpetro1)

Do i have to do injectors if i do the fuel pump ?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: B18C Turbo question (Realm)

yes you need to do injectors wih the pump. you can ge away with just injectors and leave th stock pump. i wouldnt recommend boosting a lot untiless you wanna come back and tell me you blew up your motor. i gaurantee it if you keep on ragging on it like i assume you are.

what kinda turbo kit is it ? you buy i off of ebay ?

you need to get it TUNED with PROPER fuel management and also get a proper etup in there. if you hit up apexi's websie theres wiring digrams on there you can follow .
Old 10-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18C Turbo question (project dc2)

Heres my set-up comin soon next fall...maybe this will help u out

As for Fuel:
550cc Injectors
walboro 255 fuel pump
braided fuel line to keep safe and secure

Electric:
Hondata s200 w/ boost option on there
Of course dyno tuned for street use
But im gonna be having stock internals..see if i can hit high 12's or low 13's at 10psi no more than that. Oh yea and gettin the Full-Race turbo kit for AC compatible
im just goin to rebuild my engine to stock specs
Old 10-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18C Turbo question (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need to get it TUNED with PROPER fuel management and also get a proper etup in there. if you hit up apexi's websie theres wiring digrams on there you can follow . </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2

Just get crome, use the 450cc injectors, get a walbro 255lph pump. STOP running your car hard with no real management. You have two choices: 1) Tune it 2)Blow it. If you are this new to turbo apps (and it seems to modified cars in gen) then I assume it will be a real undertaking for you to have to swap out a blown motor. GL.

BTW, you should start by reading the faq's at the top of the f/i forum from top to bottom (for anything that applies to your setup). You will learn mad amounts just from that.