Notices

b18c turbo help seriously

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c turbo help seriously

Quick run down of the car. rich friends dad bought this car while we were in highschool. kid took to a shitty shop dropped 38k into the motor at the time 03 to 05ish. blew the motor after turbo was installed. got rebuilt didnt get it tuned sat in his drive way for three years just needing a tune he sold it to me dirt cheap.
quick list of mods
b18c, forged rods and pistions, lightened crank, skunk 2 intake manifold, greddy turbo kit, hks ssq, msd ignition, apex Exhaust, 440cc injectors, aem ecm,
i konw im going to have a thousand questions but i will do the easiest ones first.

1. i searched for compression test numbers for my motor it said 250psi mine was 190 is that because i do have forged internals or is that cause my motor is messed up.

im starting to get nervous cause dude just rode in my car and was saying how every turbo honda he rode in was soo much faster with out all the mods that i have just got some money so now im trying to fix my stuff. what he said makes sense i think it used to be much faster. i got the aem tunned in missouri and now cars in texas i dont know if that has any thing to do with it. im lost for serious.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c turbo help seriously

does the car have low compression pistons?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is the problem i have no idea. i would definately like to think yes though. is there any ways to see. I would love to take the motor apart to see what is actually in it so i can tell the tuner what is in it but i think that would be a huge waist of time i think just to know if i can find it in the first place. definately thinking about it though. would low compression pistions account for that low of compression is there anyway to see what compression pistions i have from that test.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

heres another question for you do i need a msd ignition if i have a aem pap.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ouchh man....if it was me id take it apart at least ...thats y i hate buying modified cars i buy my toys stock and i do my own ...but i really suggest taking it apart and getting comfortable with the modss
Old 04-11-2010, 07:25 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

looks like you need to really find out what is in this engine. You can search for the compression numbers all you want, however, it still does not tell the full story about what has gone wrong or right with this motor. If you can find out the shop that originally rebuilt this engine, and get more detail, it will help you decide the course that you need to take instead of just buying parts to try and fix a problem that you don't know exists. This means getting a compression and leaked on test, seeing if any of the equipment has been cracked or damaged in some way, and if need be, take the cylinder head and engine block apart, to find out what is exactly in this engine. Only then, can you find out whether or not you need something as simple as an ignition system.

You don't know this engine, the person you bought it from doesn't know anything about cars, so it's like the blind leading the blind. Take the extra time, take the extra effort, and find out if this engine is still going to work before you start investing more money into parts that you don't know if you can use.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah thats about exactly what i was thinking i think im just going to take it all apart and start from there thanks for the help