Notices

B16a Turbo set up help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a Turbo set up help!!

Hey guys I just need some help and a couple key questions as well. I just picked up a B16a2 motor with an s80 hyrdo tranny with LSD This is all going into a 92 HATCH EG.

I also picked up a DRAG kit from a buddy of mine used that came from his 2000 GSR. Here is my questions:

My setup:

The head is getting port and polished. I got a skunk 2 intake manifold already. Also picked up a new Edelbrock throttle body 65MM. I am probably going to get stage 2 BLOW cams and dual valvesprings and retainers. Skunk2 CAM GEARS. Type R oil pump brand new along with Type R water pump brand new. The bottom block is stock (I'm not planning on boosting more than 10 PSI, it is daily driver).

1. If I get a fluidyne radiator, am I going to have clearance issues with a FAL fan in an EG with the DRAG manifold and turbo setup?

2. What size injectors am I going to need if I plan on boosting only 8-12 PSI at most?? Am I going to need a fuel rail as well???

3. Anyone know where I can get some custom charge pipes since the integra ones I am assuming aren't going to fit??

Thanks.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16a Turbo set up help!! (Urugly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Urugly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. If I get a fluidyne radiator, am I going to have clearance issues with a FAL fan in an EG with the DRAG manifold and turbo setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You'll be w/ fine w/ that radiator cuz if i remember correctly the downpipe on drag exits through driver side...should have plenty of room

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Urugly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2. What size injectors am I going to need if I plan on boosting only 8-12 PSI at most?? Am I going to need a fuel rail as well???
</TD></TR></TABLE>

get at least 550's and your stock fuel rail/regulator will be fine

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Urugly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3. Anyone know where I can get some custom charge pipes since the integra ones I am assuming aren't going to fit??</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are getting the whole drag kit from a gsr it should be ok w/ little modification...many people w/ tell you it wont work because of the lower gsr intake mani but I also bought mine used from a b16 and put on my gsr will little mods (no cutting/welding needed)...BUT you can order the drag piping kit from http://www.importparts.com (ben)

good luck, sounds like a decent start
Old 04-07-2006, 05:55 PM

thanks for the response. I will get my radiator soon!!!

Nice EK btw...

So no need for a fuel rail huh?? Kool for me and my budget...

What would 370CC injectors be good til??? 550CC sounds like a gas killer!!!hahah
Old 04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Urugly)

yea forgot to mention, you'll need some kind of ems to control those injectors....the 370's are too small for your application, you'll max them out.
440's will prolly work but 550's are the same price so just get the bigger ones ...But the ems is the key for your gas mileage and longevity