Notices

b16a turbo charged and braking it in...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a turbo charged and braking it in...

hey peoples, i got a question... a buddy of mine is saying that i'll blow my motor by using a fmu... is it true...???? i just got my block redone... everything but the sleeves... JE 9:1 pistons, eagle rods, new main/rod bearings, blue printed and balanced, crank shaft also... 18g greddy turbo, vortech fmu, hks bov, 320 RC injectors, and etc... with this setup, i was told that i can boost to 10-14 lbs... no more..... with tuning and converting to obd1 and hondata... 20 lbs. safely.... what do yo think..???? i think its safe....
Old 05-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a turbo charged and braking it in... (djv-tec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djv-tec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey peoples, i got a question... a buddy of mine is saying that i'll blow my motor by using a fmu... is it true...???? i just got my block redone... everything but the sleeves... JE 9:1 pistons, eagle rods, new main/rod bearings, blue printed and balanced, crank shaft also... 18g greddy turbo, vortech fmu, hks bov, 320 RC injectors, and etc... with this setup, i was told that i can boost to 10-14 lbs... no more..... with tuning and converting to obd1 and hondata... 20 lbs. safely.... what do yo think..???? i think its safe.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well FMU works.... it is a cheap alternative for a real stand-alone fuel mangment system. FMU setups work fine but it does eat up a lot of gass and typically runs the motor richer so you get horrible gas milage.
In fact there are a few 12-11 cars out there running FMU with high boost and super low compression ratio motors.

The down side to it is that it's really hard on your stock fuel lines. I mean theres must be like 150-200+psi on your old *** civic fuel lines. So if you have a old car like a EF or EG.... do you see the danger in that?

Well with 9.1cr pistons and rods on stock sleeves and FMU (I'm guessing 10:1) with your 320cc.... I would try out max of 10psi. FMU works but is not the best thing out there. Just because they include it in Drag, Maxrev, Revhard, & other kit does not mean that your suppose to use it forever.
They are cheap & COST effective fuel managment that is a simple bolt on and allows you to install the kit and boost litterly withing the same day.

Also converting to OBD1 will be your best mod yet! Since you are into FI this will really open up a lot of options as what ecu to run and also what standalone systems you can use. I personally would go Hondata or Uberdata. I'm going Uberdata simpley because it's more cost effective.

with a well tune your b16 should be able to take 14psi..... 20psi on stock sleeves is certainly do able but tuning becomes a bitch and only great tuners are able to pull it off.

let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a turbo charged and braking it in... (Charlie Moua)

Don't use the fmu, sell it and buy a p28, chip it for uberdata, and run a high flow fuel pump, not high pressure.