Notices

Suggestions needed: B16 aftermarket Intake manifold options for my turbo needs/goals

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default re: Suggestions needed: B16 aftermarket Intake manifold options for my turbo needs/goals

Originally Posted by TheShodan
I age with skipping the intake manifold and TB altogether and focus on the right sized (smaller) DBB turbocharger so that it can survive ALL those purposes you've listed.
^

I agree with that as well. I would put more thought on the turbo setup side of things over the intake mani/Tb. The OE unit isn't a hindrance for the goal that it sounds like you have
Old 11-21-2017, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default re: Suggestions needed: B16 aftermarket Intake manifold options for my turbo needs/goals

If you're using stock sleeves and not going for over 400 wheel I'd definitely be looking at a GT2871, or at most a GT3071. Especially since you're on a 1.6L.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Instead of making a new thread and Cluttering this part of the board,I will update.

Plans are consisting of a Go-Autoworks AC Pro kit utilizing a PTE 6262.

Engine will be 10.1:1 82mm LS/VTEC
CSS HP block (O-ringed)
Eagle rods
CP pistons
B16 head
ITR INTAKE/TB combo
Revs around 8800

Same goals in mind. Should be able to DD,but if I want it to it should be multi purpose. Street,Track,possible road course. 90% of it's time will be street (for 6 months a year)
Will be using E85 Since it is now Semi-Local. (VP cans will help)

Anything over 500 I will be happy with.

Was wondering about cam selection utilizing the 6262. GSR/ITR or a more mild all motor cam? Using OEM S4C B16 Gearbox. Still live in the mountains etc..
Old 12-26-2018, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

From gsr to skunk2 tuner 1 there is a good amo7nt of performance. If you can get em id get tuner 1 over GSR.
Other than that s2tuner 2 are globaly low price this time.
They are like pro1. Other than that 176-t with the jail bait idle if you dont have a very silent muffler.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Balor_Gr
From gsr to skunk2 tuner 1 there is a good amo7nt of performance. If you can get em id get tuner 1 over GSR.
Other than that s2tuner 2 are globaly low price this time.
They are like pro1. Other than that 176-t with the jail bait idle if you dont have a very silent muffler.
I will look into the Kelfords. Will be 3" exhaust,ultra quiet resonator and Vibrant muffler. Shouldn't be too terribly loud
Old 12-27-2018, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

with the jail bait idle if you dont have a very silent muffler.
LMFAO!!!!

Is that 6262 gonna be responsive enough for road course?
Old 12-27-2018, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

.63 ar is what I will be using. Shouldn't have a hard time spooling even through a course I would think.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd suggest GSC T1 cams or the Kelfords to really boost mid-range Torque (the other cam choices have smaller primary lobes and rely on the VTEC lobe for top-end power). A 6262 in 0.63 isn't bad actually in terms of spool at WOT but the transient response and on-off boost recovery won't be as great as a GT(X)3076 or 5858BB for example. The 5862BB Gen 2 would probably be a punchier fit for your setup or a GTX3076 0.63
Old 12-29-2018, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

GSC T1 wont work well with a <25lbs/min flow turbine side as most people report. Plus IMO they still need a top mount mani. But thats me.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:21 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

GSC T1 wont work well with a <25lbs/min flow turbine side as most people report. Plus IMO they still need a top mount mani. But thats me.
You do not need a top mount at all with this camshaft. Not even remotely. That is just you.

Ya gotta start buying and using these parts in your builds before making these statements, my brotha'. I am the second owner on this forum to use these camshafts (Myles "gringotegra" was the 1st). So far everything you've mentioned about these candidates is not true. It's all based on theory. By a set, for crying out loud and stop using Europe or cost, or the EU breakdown as an excuse.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 254 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions needed: B16 aftermarket Intake manifold options for my turbo needs/g

Muckman had them way before you

Old 12-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 254 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Re: Suggestions needed: B16 aftermarket Intake manifold options for my turbo needs/g

I think calidad too
Old 12-30-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pepe14
Muckman had them way before you

We had them at the same time. We also both installed them at around the same time, and got cues from one another during the break-in professing offline. He had just made his idle video before mine

Calidad was over 2 years late to the party, then got rid of then because he realized he milled the head too far down below .030". He then got the Edlebrock 4730s, because he couldn't find any OEM Type R camshafts.

Natural Aspirations then attempted to install them, but found (or it was detetmined, whatever your point of view), that he did not have a proper valvelash on the camshaft..

I also created a video of the nuances of the camshafts back in Feb 2012 . ( What to look for, how to break in, etc) ...Still up on YouTube and page 1 of a Google search for GSC Honda

I may seem arrogant, but i do know my dates, player.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

We had them at the same time. We also both installed them at around the same time, and got cues from one another during the break-in professing offline. He had just made his idle video before mine

Calidad was over 2 years late to the party, then got rid of then because he realized he milled the head too far down below .030". He then got the Edlebrock 4730s, because he couldn't find any OEM Type R camshafts.

Natural Aspirations then attempted to install them, but found (or it was detetmined, whatever your point of view), that he did not have a proper valvelash on the camshaft..

I also created a video of the nuances of the camshafts back in Feb 2012 . ( What to look for, how to break in, etc) ...Still up on YouTube and page 1 of a Google search for GSC Honda

I may seem arrogant, but i do know my dates, player.

Pretty sure I got it right. Lol
Old 12-30-2018, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You do not need a top mount at all with this camshaft. Not even remotely. That is just you.

Ya gotta start buying and using these parts in your builds before making these statements, my brotha'. I am the second owner on this forum to use these camshafts (Myles "gringotegra" was the 1st). So far everything you've mentioned about these candidates is not true. It's all based on theory. By a set, for crying out loud and stop using Europe or cost, or the EU breakdown as an excuse.
Our frienf from africa suggested GTX3076 .63 with GSC T1. Wont work as intended.
A friend of mine had these cams here at greece 4-5 years ago.
They rock with either Lengthy manifold or big turbine side or both.
With a 20 lbs/min turbine side and a mini ram for example you better of with something smaller.
He called me the first day and he say " im gonna be arested with these cams" haha. He was shocked with the idle of course.He reported exactly that. Going from a ramhorn to a topmount the gains were abnormaly high om the dyno.
We were both sure the cams were the cause. I dont remember the turbo tested tho.
The only cam noone ever had here is the 176-t. I migjt be the first.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:08 PM

Our frienf from africa suggested GTX3076 .63 with GSC T1. Wont work as intended.
A friend of mine had these cams here at greece 4-5 years ago.
They rock with either Lengthy manifold or big turbine side or both.
With a 20 lbs/min turbine side and a mini ram for example you better of with something smaller.
He called me the first day and he say " im gonna be arested with these cams" haha. He was shocked with the idle of course.He reported exactly that. Going from a ramhorn to a topmount the gains were abnormaly high om the dyno.
We were both sure the cams were the cause. I dont remember the turbo tested tho.
The only cam noone ever had here is the 176-t. I migjt be the first.

Again I've had these cams on both Honda and Evolutions since 2011. Going top mount is going to give top end peak gains anyway regardless. Of course it's going to make more power in the upper rpm...

Also ignition timing must be checked in the idle rpm cells. If you try to time it the idle, you kill the irrelevance of the camshafts. 176-T kelfords do the same thing. (We've had those since 2007 around my area)
Old 12-30-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by sikefcrx89
I will look into the Kelfords. Will be 3" exhaust,ultra quiet resonator and Vibrant muffler. Shouldn't be too terribly loud

haha..yeah they will. .. very aggressive
Old 12-31-2018, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha..yeah they will. .. very aggressive
Even better. I have been looking around for builds/yotube clips of those running them. Most I have found are hood exits,some in car pulls with what seems like full exhausts. Not terrible,but then again Video and in real time are different.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:36 PM

Even better. I have been looking around for builds/yotube clips of those running them. Most I have found are hood exits,some in car pulls with what seems like full exhausts. Not terrible,but then again Video and in real time are different.
You'll see a variety of users of GSC T1s (Mine is the white Integra video). You won't find a lot of vid clips of different people running with different exhaust system setups. You want aggressive, you don't get picky about it.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You'll see a variety of users of GSC T1s (Mine is the white Integra video). You won't find a lot of vid clips of different people running with different exhaust system setups. You want aggressive, you don't get picky about it.
They could honestly be super aggressive and I wouldn't care. As long as cruising at 60-75 isn't ear rape. Car isn't gutted/etc will look like typical DD. No need for race car..
Old 01-02-2019, 07:59 AM

They could honestly be super aggressive and I wouldn't care. As long as cruising at 60-75 isn't ear rape. Car isn't gutted/etc will look like typical DD. No need for race car..
At speed, the car sounds completely normal. Thay portion of your preference is based on your exhaust system.