Notices

B Series JRSC Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Who the fack changed my title?!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B Series JRSC Parts

I have found a man who makes complete kits for those who do not have a complete JRSC kit!
If you need brackets, alternator casings, bearings, pulleys this man makes it. He does group buys but will consider individual pieces. Please PM or email me at ZACKDENNIS1987@YAHOO.COM for details.

Im considering doing a group buy. Anyone interested?

Last edited by sh!ft; 04-07-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: The most annoying thread I haven't deleted.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B SERIES JRSC OWNERS LOOK HERE THE HOLY GRAIL HAS ARRIVED!!

Seriously, caps lock and a million exclamation points?

also doesn't this count as advertising without being a forum sponsor?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:41 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B SERIES JRSC OWNERS LOOK HERE THE HOLY GRAIL HAS ARRIVED!!

And absolutely no information on who this person is? Yeah, that isn't sketchy at all or anything...
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by wantboost
Seriously, caps lock and a million exclamation points?

also doesn't this count as advertising without being a forum sponsor?
It got your attention didn't it? And since i myself am not selling it And i also said a group buy that should fly under the radar for not advertising as a seller.
Originally Posted by NotARacist
And absolutely no information on who this person is? Yeah, that isn't sketchy at all or anything...
Lets just say he's a very important person from vibrant... But is in no way shape or form vending their business in relation to what i just mentioned

I cannot disclose his personal info just yet. He is however very good at what he does and once I've been cleared ill release his info.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I just want to make sure this doesn't get you in trouble in any way as a member. I'm all for helping out people on here, especially since it's been practically impossible for people to find any sort of JRSC kit, complete or otherwise. I know there's been a huge unanswered demand for replacement JRSC parts. I'll double check with the other mods to make sure this thread is kosher and if you need to change anything to keep it within the end user TOS
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can he retro adapt the bigger eaton m90 and make it ccw for us also?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Black R
Can he retro adapt the bigger eaton m90 and make it ccw for us also?
Im not 100 percent sure on this i can ask. Are there no other companies that can do this?

Thanks to those whom reiterated what i was trying to announce by the way.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: B Series JRSC Parts

You can convert the m90 to ccw on your own, just pull the snout off and flip the drive gears and the snout.

however there are a lot of different versions of the m90 and the only one that would work would be the one off the sc thunderbird. these are the most desired kind and are usually much more expensive than the Pontiac/Buick versions.

also the m90 has a larger outlet flange and is physically much larger than the m62 and smaller chargers so it wouldn't fit on the manifold.

you'd need an adapter plate just to bolt it up and even then the snout would sit further out than the m62, possibly to the point of hitting the strut tower depending on chassis.

At the very least it would require a custom pulley assembly with a jackshaft to space out the drive pulley properly. or the snout and shaft of the sc would need to be shortened, something only a machine shop can do and even then so much length would need to be removed that it might not be possible.

more than likely it would also require a custom intake manifold to position the charger in the right spot.

by no means would it be a bolt on affair if using it in a JRSC style mounting configuration, also seeing as how the m90 can flow more air and run higher pressures an intercooler is most definitely a must.

the best way to run an m90 on any fwd Honda regardless of motor is to convert it to ccw rotation (again very simple with the right tools. namely a 3 jaw puller and a press) and make brackets to mount it in place of the ac pump. you could even modify the OEM bracket as to keep the tensioner assembly so you can control and adjust belt tension. putting it in this location also offers exceptional belt wrap, eliminating belt slippage.

another option is to use totally custom brackets and install a tensioner on the sc belt. you could use an ls1 style tensioner as they are small and compact and are manual tensioners. a lot of companies also offer affordable billet ls1-9 tensioners (supposedly the ls10 for the new c7 z06 uses a similar but much better tensioner design but I haven't seen it yet, a prototype is at Panoz right now down the street for validation testing and road course evaluation) most of these style tensioners can be mounted using a simple bracket system either off of the sc mounts or off of the oil pump.

you would want the tensioner on the top belt or whatever belt the sc pulls on, not the bottom or slack belt.

or you could use any simple manual tensioner you feel would work. a compact manual tensioner with a minimal number of mounting holes, a solid way of keeping the tensioner adjusted, and a flat mounting surface would be ideal

mounting the charger here also means you can run an intercooler with minimal effort, as you could simply use a typical front mount air to air unit.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ that's funny you mention that, because a buddy of mine works for Élan / Panoz, so I can ask him about the tensioner.

I have another honda project that I'm considering a bigger m90 or m112 on and wouldn't mind mounting it a little high at the back of the bay, with air to water cores and use a cut IM welded to an adapter flange.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

The m90 is a better option as far as size goes. the m112 is literally as big as our motors... it would be a bitch to install it anywhere.

ask him, my neighbor saw the motor when he was there but they wouldn't let him take pics because technically that motor doesn't even exist yet.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:06 PM

Bump