Notices

B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator, walbro 255lph, aeromotive fpr

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator, walbro 255lph, aeromotive fpr

I bought a B&M to adjust pressure for my direct port nitrous setup, but now I am going turbo as we speak.
I have a walbro 255 lph.
I have been reading how some people say that their B&M "took a ****" on them and recently read this:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mista bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The problem with the B&M and Ericks, they won't flow enough fuel to drop idle pressure when using a 255 LPH HP pump.

This tends to make them stick/hang open. Which is BAD news when your spraying/boosting.</TD></TR></TABLE>.
From this thread.
This has me worried. But, I have read that some people use the stock regulator on high HP applications with success. Wouldn't the B&M perform like stock since that is basically what it is (except for the new top part with the adjusting screw)? Stock and the B&M are both 1:1 correct?

So, if I need to get a new one, I want an aeromotive. That thread mentions one that fits on the stock fuel rail, I have a 99 civic si b16a2 engine, which aeromotive regulator should I get? And from where?

That thread mentioned this link. But, it doesn't say anything about my engine.

I believe stan sells aeromotive regulators, I guess I should PM him.

Modified by slashDEVslashNULL at 4:32 PM 11/27/2003
Old 11-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator, walbro 255lph, aermotive fpr (slashDEVslashNULL)

yes ask stan, and check ebay, i got mine for $100 off ebay. you will need to drill the fuel rail if you are using stock.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:48 PM

Default Re: B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator, walbro 255lph, aermotive fpr (int3gra)

the ones on that link say they bolt up to the stock rail. I PMed stan.
In here boosted hybrid says:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have done 420whp awhile back on a personal stock block gsr, stock everything including ignition (colder plugs) and stock fpr. I have done 475whp on a customers car, stock ignition and fpr. You only need to upgrade to a better capacity coil if you are blowing out the spark, or a colder plug with a tigher gap. You only need to upgrade to a adjustable fpr if you are trying to squeeze more out of your injectors. I am going for 550whp region stock ignition, fuel lines, fuel rail, fpr. I am 99% positive I wont have any issues judging from past results.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<FONT COLOR="red"><FONT SIZE="2">Which makes me think the B&M will be fine. Yay or Nay?</FONT></FONT>

mista bone apparently doesn't like aeromotive either - from this thread:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mista bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what aeromotive FPR you using??????????
On the Honda Rail mount units, the vacuum port fitting hits against the spring, locking it in place!
Aeromotive has NEVER returned my calls either!!!!!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Anyone know what that means?

Oh I just read in this thread (I love the search feature )
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flamenco-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For Avatar setup, I set him up with Aeromotive 13109 ( high pressure ) and bolted directly to the fuel rail. I do have all adapters..

Let me see if I can find some pics when I had the rail setup in my car..

stan</TD></TR></TABLE>
So I guess I just need an adapter to put it on the stock rail and one for the stock return, and I think a plug - since I believe it has 2 inlets. I think I want the 13109, in case I decide to upgrade rail etc. later.

Modified by slashDEVslashNULL at 4:30 PM 11/27/2003
Old 11-27-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Re: B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator, walbro 255lph, aermotive fpr (slashDEVslashNULL)

well after lots of reading, I am convinced that the STOCK fpr is fine, and therefore I believe the B&M will be fine as well. I have the fuel pressure set within spec, according to the helms, even with the walbro 255lph. So, unless someone can tell me otherwise.....Please tell me before I find out the hard way.
TIA
Old 11-28-2003, 10:58 AM

"For Avatar setup, I set him up with Aeromotive 13109 ( high pressure ) and bolted directly to the fuel rail. I do have all adapters..
Let me see if I can find some pics when I had the rail setup in my car..
stan"

you quoted that post from my thread. I just bought the Aeromotive A1000-6 Injected Bypass Regulator (p/n AE13109). I got it from http://www.jdsperformance.com for only $128.04 shipped. its the best price online.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:04 PM

SO anybody konw if the B&M is any good for hondata and turbo?&gt;
Old 11-28-2003, 02:12 PM

Default Re: (booscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by booscivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SO anybody konw if the B&M is any good for hondata and turbo?&gt;</TD></TR></TABLE>
its fine, so is stock, and just about any other fpr.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:46 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (slashDEVslashNULL)

my main issue with the Aeromotive rail mount, the vacuum port fitting would bottom out on the FPR spring. IMHO a simple oversee in the design stage. But Aeromotive never returned my emails or phone calls.

THEN the B&M FPR locked open, damn near leaving me sitting in the highway, Being the hotrodder I am, I will modify the vacuum fitting on the Aeromotive FPR to clear the spring, the all should be good for a 12 second stock block SOHC motor on spray pass.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:35 PM

Default Re: (Mista Bone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my main issue with the Aeromotive rail mount, the vacuum port fitting would bottom out on the FPR spring. IMHO a simple oversee in the design stage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you think i'd have the same problem w/ the aeromotive 13109 FPR with a golden eagle rail and a b16head?
Old 11-29-2003, 10:36 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (sol2nr)

not as long as the vacuum fitting doesn't bottom out. Also with ANY Aeromotive FPR, undo the pressure adjuster before installing.

Else your gonna see 120+ fuel pressure.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:10 AM

Default Re: (Mista Bone)

If someone would care to elaborate.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=691003