Notices

Autometer A/F gauge malfunctioning??!! Long but need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer A/F gauge malfunctioning??!! Long but need HELP!

So today I tore up my side panel took out my ecu to finally install this thing. Everybody here said before that it was a big green or white wire? can't remember truly. Anyways in my ecu i didn't find it. However I happened to have looked previously at the wiring diagram at an auto shop. It showed not one but two wires: Orange/black and White/red. Now there I go to hook up my gauge red to (+) and black to (-). Then I tapped into the o/b wire, got a reading going lean to stoich then it would go back down to lean past the lst light and not come back on idle. Under Acceleration it would light up somewhere in stoich mind you one light and stay there. Next I switched the purple wire to the w/r one and it would light up one light at rich and stay there. Under Acceleration It would do nothing at all. After reading the schematics that came with it i decided to hook up the purple to the w/r and the black one to the o/b. This time it indicated lean to stoich back and forth then disappear and a second or two later re-appear and so the same thing. Under acceleration it would go further up the stoich side but again disappear and appear it like 1-2 sec lenght. Is this normal??
Old 06-19-2001, 09:14 PM
New User

Default Re: Autometer A/F gauge malfunctioning??!! Long but need HELP! (revhrdls)

Yeah, I have the autometer A/F gauge. It shouldn't stay out too long unless you get off the throttle quickly after running the car hard. Well at least for mine it does that. When driving normally, it should go from lean to stoich back and forth like crazy and should keep doing that. Even at idle, it should do that too. And when you get on the gas hard, on load, and/or at WOT, it should stay RICH for the amount of time you're on it, which is good.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Autometer A/F gauge malfunctioning??!! Long but need HELP! (revhrdls)

you hooked up black to O/B and purple to W/R ?

let's start over, you have three wires
red-power
black-ground
purple-A/f sensor...I hooked it on the white wire on the ECU, the white wire on the 16 wires harness... I tried it yesterday but haven't really instll it since I am still waiting for my gauge pod.

if anyone have access to helms, can you pls let us know the correct wire to tap the purple wire ? I found a schematic on the web, but it was too blurry to tell which is which..

TIA