Notices

August...damn, PA/NJ tuners?

Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default August...damn, PA/NJ tuners?

Well Jeff Evans tuning is pretty much in my back yard (not really, but about 5 miles from me) So i was planning on having him tune my turbo application. I really wanted to have it tuned at the end of june very beginning of july at the latest. Evans tuning is booked until august, which i really dont know if i can work with here seeing as how i go to college the 2nd week of august.

The only other tuners i know of is World Motorsports in PA, and philly dyno works which philly is a little further than i planned to drive especially on just a basemap. Are there any other really good tuners that anyone knows in the north eastern region of PA or NJ?
Any yes I already found the tuner thread, i was just wondering who had good experiences with who im this area.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: August...damn, PA/NJ tuners? (swappedcx)

Philly dyno works does good work

mase will prob be coming back up in June or early July depending on when I get my motor done.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: August...damn, PA/NJ tuners? (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Philly dyno works does good work

mase will prob be coming back up in June or early July depending on when I get my motor done. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i want him to tune mine also let me know when he's coming up
Old 05-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have a rough idea of when he will be comming back?
I would really love for jeff evans to do it, and want to run neptune but possibly go with crome pro.

Guess ill research a little more on philly dyno works. Anyone even heard of World motorsports?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swappedcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you have a rough idea of when he will be comming back?
I would really love for jeff evans to do it, and want to run neptune but possibly go with crome pro.

Guess ill research a little more on philly dyno works. Anyone even heard of World motorsports?</TD></TR></TABLE>

World Motorsports is in Reading correct? Chris Rados shop.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yup its the reading one, any good?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok scratch that Idea, World motorsports is booked until end of summer as well and only really like to tune AEM...looks like I may have to check up on Mase or just bite the bullet and reserve a spot in august for Jeff Evans.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd call and make sure they are actually all booked up. I'd imagine that cancellations occur often and maybe they can fit you in somewhere.

Also: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1347699
Old 05-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: August...damn, PA/NJ tuners? (nowtype)

Yea I already saw that thread, I just never really heard of any of those other tuners. I think ill just have to wait until august if possible and send my deposit in tomorrow and just have him contact me if any sooner dates arrive.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know that if you get work done by a shop that is there locally, Jeff will work your car in. PM me if you want details
Old 05-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah I would ask jeff to keep you on the backburner... Sometimes he has customers who flake out on him... and then he can call u to come over
Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

Philly dyno works can tune it for you. Just give them a call and they'll squeeze you in ASAP . And I don't see nothing wrong with driving with a basemap as long as your not building boost on your way down here.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (roydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Philly dyno works can tune it for you. Just give them a call and they'll squeeze you in ASAP . And I don't see nothing wrong with driving with a basemap as long as your not building boost on your way down here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would just run a stock ecu and not run into boost
Old 05-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

John Kerr is in Carlisile/Newville and is a cool dude, and my car runs great. http://www.j-k-tuning.com

He tuned my car last night and its sweet yo
Old 05-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

I think ill look more into that J-K, and philly.
I tried calling Jeff 3 times today and a message but have been communicating with someone there VIA email and the earliest dates open are august 17 and 18 which I believe is a few days after i start college and cant come home on weekends.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (swappedcx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swappedcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think ill look more into that J-K, and philly.
I tried calling Jeff 3 times today and a message but have been communicating with someone there VIA email and the earliest dates open are august 17 and 18 which I believe is a few days after i start college and cant come home on weekends.</TD></TR></TABLE>

andrea handles his calls
Old 05-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well as far as philly:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1631655

and its all due to a small exhaust system... expletive them, DO NOT GO THERE!!!

I would go to Evans, he's probablly the BEST this area. He'll be tuning my car in about 2 years, he just doesnt know it yet
Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcdelsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well as far as philly:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1631655

and its all due to a small exhaust system... expletive them, DO NOT GO THERE!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you should get all the facts before talking **** on a good shop. The owner of the car obviously does not know **** about cars, he did not even know his clutch was slipping. Did you even read the thread? The kid then reliazed his o2 sensor was not even plugged in. Sounds like a nicly built car there.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe you should get all the facts before talking **** on a good shop. The owner of the car obviously does not know **** about cars, he did not even know his clutch was slipping. Did you even read the thread? The kid then reliazed his o2 sensor was not even plugged in. Sounds like a nicly built car there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, read the whole thing... but the shop missed pointing out several things... like a slipping clutch, missed that an 02 wasnt plugged in, missed it didnt hit vtec(low oil pressure?) and blamed it on a small exhaust. C'mon now. I would hope a tuner would have a better input then that.

But aside from this, I know of 2 people who had problems with this shop. I dont know full details but i do know that they went to a different tuner and had a better outcome without changing anything. So i wouldnt recommend going there.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Take it To Nrg-Tech in new york. Great shop.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yep, read the whole thing... but the shop missed pointing out several things... like a slipping clutch, missed that an 02 wasnt plugged in, missed it didnt hit vtec(low oil pressure?) and blamed it on a small exhaust. C'mon now. I would hope a tuner would have a better input then that.

But aside from this, I know of 2 people who had problems with this shop. I dont know full details but i do know that they went to a different tuner and had a better outcome without changing anything. So i wouldnt recommend going there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Were you there? Did you see what happened? Or are you like every other nut swinger on here who hears one side of the story and runs with it? Have you ever delt with philly dyno works or just go off of what you read online? Maybe you should get both sides of the story before going and running your mouth.

I was not there so I have no clue what happened. But I do know that the owners of PDW would not say the problem is only your exahust. I could see them giving the kid a list of things to check out and fix and suggesting that small exhaust will limit your HP. I am not going to get into what they could have said or did say. I will let PDW post thier side of the story then you can go from there.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Were you there? Did you see what happened? Or are you like every other nut swinger on here who hears one side of the story and runs with it? Have you ever delt with philly dyno works or just go off of what you read online? Maybe you should get both sides of the story before going and running your mouth.

I was not there so I have no clue what happened. But I do know that the owners of PDW would not say the problem is only your exahust. I could see them giving the kid a list of things to check out and fix and suggesting that small exhaust will limit your HP. I am not going to get into what they could have said or did say. I will let PDW post thier side of the story then you can go from there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, im not swinging from anyone's nuts. Yes i was there for one of the dyno's but this was before i had any knowledge and knew what to look for. Went to a different tuner and problems solved. In my personal experiences, i have not heard good things about them. PERIOD. I might be one of the only ones and they could be a very good shop. You seam to know the guys personally and are butt buddies with them. And like i said in my original post, expletive em, do not go there. That is my recommendation. To each his own.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, im not swinging from anyone's nuts. Yes i was there for one of the dyno's but this was before i had any knowledge and knew what to look for. Went to a different tuner and problems solved. In my personal experiences, i have not heard good things about them. PERIOD. I might be one of the only ones and they could be a very good shop. You seam to know the guys personally and are butt buddies with them. And like i said in my original post, expletive em, do not go there. That is my recommendation. To each his own. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't know them personally but did hold a dyno day there when I flew Mase up. I had all kinds of issues with my motor leaking coolant into the oil and PDW went above and beyond what they had to do. Not only did they call up the customer they just sold an 84mm headgasket to a few days before and ask him if he could bring it back b/c I needed a new headgasket but also helped me wrench on my car to take the head off so we could change the head gasket and then let me dyno all day easter sunday so that we could tune my car. I have been to several shops in my day and no one would have done what they did and not raped me on charges for all their work and time. They hardly charged me anything for all their work. Plus they let me keep my rollback and car in the shop overnight so I did not have to tow it back down the next day and ordered everyone there for they dyno food which they paid for out of thier pocket.

I do find it funny that you state you had no knowledge or knew what to look for. So as far as I am concerned you are just another key board tuner or still has no clue what your doing....
Old 05-20-2006, 06:50 AM

My advice is book at Evans Tuning, they contacted me the other day about a cancellation that I can't make. Unfortunately they are very tough to get in contact w/ on the phone.

Here is why I say book it. I am booked for June 22nd and my friend is booked for June 20th. He is waiting for a One Fab kit still and I am waiting for a SCI kit. By the looks of it, neither one of us is going to make the date. So there could be an opening on one of those two days.

I'll shoot you a pm if I can't make my appointment, you know the deal w/ Matt over at One Fab.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I do find it funny that you state you had no knowledge or knew what to look for. So as far as I am concerned you are just another key board tuner or still has no clue what your doing....</TD></TR></TABLE>

A year ago i didnt know but after research and learning, i know a my fair share. I read PDW other post and seeing how they did recommend many other things...

Seams they arent to bad after the guys post.

OP: if you cant get to evan, try PDW. I already appologized in the other post. Just hope they keep up the better work and dont get any threads like this again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: August...damn, PA/NJ tuners?