Notices

ATTN Anyone who tunes or mods honda/acuras or used crome/uberdata neptune etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN Anyone who tunes or mods honda/acuras or used crome/uberdata neptune etc

http://forum.pgmfi.org/
Read and support you wouldn't be able to do what you do w/o these guys.

blunder needs your help.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:49 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ATTN Anyone who tunes or mods honda/acuras or used crome/uberdata neptune etc (IntegraType-R)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2135564
Just wanted to link the 2.

EDIT: Threads were merged into this one...

Originally Posted by blundar
I kind of hate posting this here because it is so easy for this appeal to be misconstrued. Unfortunately, I'm also fairly desperate and I need to try to reach everyone I can. If you choose to post and respond to this thread, please do so in a constructive manner - I have made an effort to be polite and respectful, and I ask that you do the same.

Hopefully you are reading this because you are a user of TurboEdit, Uberdata, Crome, Neptune or eCtune.

Without pgmfi.org's existence, none of these packages would have been around to benefit the Honda community. Without the competition, Hondata and AEM probably would not have come down to their current prices. The explosion of aftermarket products was made possible by cheap engine management solutions - without the ability to retune ECUs inexpensively, a build with Skunk2Pro1s would be virtually impossible to do without a $1500 standalone and a $1000 tune. Look at the VW community for an example of a group crippled by the lack of tools available to tune their cars. Point being: it's not just the tuners that charge for tuning that have benefited from the proliferation of cheap engine management solutions - everyone from the cam manufacturers to ESPECIALLY you, the end-users.

I am now in quite a bad spot as a result of being the owner and moderator of PGMFI.

You may or may not have heard about a matter dating to May of 2006.
Someone posted a "k-pro downloader" on the pgmfi forum. The software supposedly allowed someone to download the internal ROM from a K series ECU that had a Hondata K Pro installed.
I didn't remove the software as quickly as Hondata desired due to exams and being busy as hell with things other than my web forum.
Cease and desists, letters back and forth, demands and counterdemands, etc. (If you're curious about the demands made and whatnot, email me. It was shocking.)
And then (10/23/07) I get a proper lawsuit on my back step. Not quite proper service, but I get the point.
You can read it here: http://forum.pgmfi.org/download.php?id=6231 or here: http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?t=11755

I'm kind of wondering what the hell Hondata are trying to accomplish.
They seem to forget that I have been one of their strongest advocates, encouraging people NOT to go reverse engineering their software. I would think that losing my good will would be much more harmful than anything else they would be able to get through the legal process.
I no longer own PGMFI.org (Vladimir Ivanov purchased it last year) so my ability to affect policy and decisions is limited.
I hope they don't think I have any money for them to have... lol.

Oh well.

If anyone thinks they can help or knows of a good IP / internet attorney in LA, let me know. If you have a friend who thinks they can help, show this to them - there is nothing here that isn't public record.

I'm more or less broke from trying to get my business off the ground and caring for my family, so it looks like I'll be using the credit cards to pay for my defense. If you feel like contributing to the legal defense, you can send paypal to pgmfi@pgmfi.org - Vladimir has already said that he would use some of PGMFI's paypal funds to help out, if needed. Please don't send a lot of money - if everyone that has received some benefit from the site would send just a dollar, I would be set for lawyers. I know that isn't going to the happen, so please send what you can and spread the word.

Peace
-Dave Blundell
blundar at gmail dot com

edit: please bump if you read.

Modified by White Smoke at 8:06 AM 10/29/2007
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ATTN Anyone who tunes or mods honda/acuras or used crome/uberdata neptune etc (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2135564
Just wanted to link the 2. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Broken link?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN Anyone who tunes or mods honda/acuras or used crome/uberdata neptune etc (nfn15037)

wow, thats pretty fucked up on hondata's part
Old 10-28-2007, 12:36 AM
i ♥ snails

yeah for sure, hondata can now kiss my a**. they will never get a dime of my money and i hope there word of mouth repuation goes south real fast. PGMFI ftw
Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Broken link?

Umm.. lemme guess... hondata is pissing a storm again?
Old 10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN Anyone who tunes or mods honda/acuras or used crome/uberdata neptune etc (White Smoke)

This one? https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2135448
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i just read every bit of that, ill just say i know a quite a few people that use hondata systems and we have all decided to quit using their products as of reading this. I really hope Hondata knows what they are doing to their business and future.

we will all continue to support pgmfi.org to the fullest.

this is a rediculous lawsuit.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (JaredKaragen)

Hondata, I hope you see this.

First of all I have owned nothing but your systems (200/300). I am disgusted that you have taken this petty issue this far. This lawsuit is basically you guys just whining trying to get a monopoly going and to rid your competition that you hate. Through those letters expressing your views, but you and your lawyer sound like complete ********. Example: "...but here in California, a person in Mr. Bundell's position will undoubtable suffer..." are you kidding? A.) Everyone knows that California law is the worst out of any state in the US. B.) That statement makes it sound like California is supreme and better than any other law. C.) Most every other statement has the tone of talking down upon other like you are high and mighty and better than others.

From what I read, it appears as though the original poster posted your software from a completely different IP address than his work address. If that's true then <U>uou are pathetic</U>. You actually got a person fired from there job even though the job had nothing to do with this pissing contest you're currently holding.

It is a pretty well known fact that tons of people have copies of your software. It's easily obtained, all you have to do is ask around. It's also known that you have taken "intellectual property" from DIYers to used it in your software. Grow up and deal with it like normal human beings. You don't need to freaking sue just because you aren't allowed to be a gobal moderator. You honestly remind me of that lady who sued McDonalds because the retard burned herself with coffee and got through a loophole in court.

I wonder if Hondata will try and sue me because I said I am ashamed by their actions on this issue Maybe I should change it all to and prevent free speech?

I too will never buy anything again from Hondata and will steers anyone I talk to in the future away from Hondata. Future customers sales are going down real fast judging by the looks of previous replies.