Notices

ATTENTION all engine builders..welders..do it yourselfers....I NEED HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 12:13 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTENTION all engine builders..welders..do it yourselfers....I NEED HELP ASAP

Well guys..Im in a fucked up situation. I just finished putting my motor together ready for the abuse and on the back of the block where the oil pressure unit screws in, the top of the screwhole is broken off. There are threads on the bottom, but the top half broke. Now, there are more threads a little inside the block, but the unit wont screw in that far.

So, my options/questions are...How the **** do I fix this?? The ghettoist part of my mind is saying JB Weld, but the part of my mind that says I just spent a good amount of cash on pistons and rods says I should do this right. I dont want it to leak, but the catch is I need to fix this problem and put the motor in the car on Monday, because I have no work and no school.

I was thinking I could get a 1/8th fitting, screw it in the block a little, and then take it to a shop and weld over it? My only qualm is that most fitttings are brass and the block is aluminum, will that even weld together? I really dont need to screw the actual sending unit into the block, just a fitting so I can run a stainless line to my tees on the firewall.

Please, anyone who knows about ghetto rigging, welding, quick fixes, anything...Im stuck here. I need to get this done on Monday. By the way, taking the whole thing back apart is not a probable solution. I need to fix it the way it is. Thanks for any help...its greatly appreciated.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTENTION all engine builders..welders..do it yourselfers....I NEED HELP ASAP (IntegD)

you can weld in the 1/8 BSPT male to 1/8" NPT female adapter..those are aluminum, a shop will be able to weld it in.

the thread on the back of the block is BSPT.

I have a lot of those, if you want, I can ship it for you, but it'll take several days...just call around piping or hose shop, or specialty bolts and hardware supplies, ( I am not talkign about ace hardware and etc) I mean industrial shop...to see if they have it...

if all else fail, wait a few days I can send you one...I have gazillion of those

stan
Old 11-24-2002, 10:16 AM
New User

Default Re: ATTENTION all engine builders..welders..do it yourselfers....I NEED HELP ASAP (Flamenco-T)

Thanks..up for the day crew