Notices

Anyone using the B&R GT cooling kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Anyone using the B&R GT cooling kit?

Like the title says. Getting ready to do a mild turbo setup in my EM1 using gt3076r.

GT Turbo Coolant Kit

Looks like this is the easiest setup for water lines. Pro/Cons of those using this kit. Reliability of it from those that are using it? As far as leaks etc.

Or show some other setups some of you are using.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Anyone using the B&R GT cooling kit?

Originally Posted by sikefcrx89
Like the title says. Getting ready to do a mild turbo setup in my EM1 using gt3076r.

GT Turbo Coolant Kit

Looks like this is the easiest setup for water lines. Pro/Cons of those using this kit. Reliability of it from those that are using it? As far as leaks etc.

Or show some other setups some of you are using.
No leaks or issues as this is the banjo fitting version that makes installation easy. If you're crafty, and you know the fitting size of your radiator strain, you can skip the world bung and get a -6AN adapter to work.

Washers are a nice Cooper with insulated rubber inner seal. Can't go wrong with them.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
No leaks or issues as this is the banjo fitting version that makes installation easy. If you're crafty, and you know the fitting size of your radiator strain, you can skip the world bung and get a -6AN adapter to work.

Washers are a nice Cooper with insulated rubber inner seal. Can't go wrong with them.
So this will come with the new sealing washer like the factory plug was equipped with?

Are you referring that instead of the drain plug find the adapter to -6? If so that is something I wouldn't have thought of until I already did it the hard way..lol

I was wondering if the banjo was entirely necessary. Seems as if the $20 extra is worth not dealing with the headache.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by sikefcrx89
So this will come with the new sealing washer like the factory plug was equipped with?

Are you referring that instead of the drain plug find the adapter to -6? If so that is something I wouldn't have thought of until I already did it the hard way..lol

I was wondering if the banjo was entirely necessary. Seems as if the $20 extra is worth not dealing with the headache.
No. The sealing washers that I'm referring to are part of the banjo fittings that go into the water jackets of the turbocharger.

An example.. The photo below shows washers that are normally copper. The ones that come with your kit are of better quality.

The drain plug adapter is something you can find online, if you know the size and thread pitch of your current coolant drain plug (don't ask me what "factory" is, I have no idea)

It is absolutely worth paying the extra $20 for the banjo version. The GT CHRA of your GT3076R is about 25% narrower than most CHRAs. You'd have a bitch of a time trying to get a 90* fitting in there, and still have it point down where you need it to go. $20 easily takes the place of bruised knuckles, and developing arthritis in your fingers..
Old 11-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
No. The sealing washers that I'm referring to are part of the banjo fittings that go into the water jackets of the turbocharger.

An example.. The photo below shows washers that are normally copper. The ones that come with your kit are of better quality.

The drain plug adapter is something you can find online, if you know the size and thread pitch of your current coolant drain plug (don't ask me what "factory" is, I have no idea)

It is absolutely worth paying the extra $20 for the banjo version. The GT CHRA of your GT3076R is about 25% narrower than most CHRAs. You'd have a bitch of a time trying to get a 90* fitting in there, and still have it point down where you need it to go. $20 easily takes the place of bruised knuckles, and developing arthritis in your fingers..
Ok.. I see them now. Basically crush washers. Same as fuel filter. Probably even better quality.Car has Koyo rad so I'm sure since this car is down this winter half pulled apart it won't be hard to run the fitting to the hardware store and get size/thread pitch. I have heard about the GT chra's being a pain in the *** to be able to finagle the coolant fittings on.

ANplumbing still the preferred place for fittings? or Just about anywhere now?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In case someone would like to also use the Idea of the radiator drain plug to -6 here is the Size/Pitch of the Koyo plug and a part number to the fitting

M10 x 1.25

From ANplumbing.com

871016 -6 10mm X 1.25 Metric Thread Male To A.N. Male Adapter with Crush Washer
Old 12-02-2017, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I run that kit. It's nice, comes in black, and was already done so I didn't have to hunt around for all the misc fittings and hose. Could I have probably done it cheaper by piecing together everything? Meh, probably, either way, nice kit and recommended.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats the kit I run and love it! Was easy to install and looks great!