Notices

Anyone use the ATP Turbo VES assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone use the ATP Turbo VES assembly?

Hey guys I am really considering getting this for my turbo crx. It is closed untill you start boosting and then it opens up.

How well do they work
and how reliable are they?

Heres a link
http://www.atpturbo.com/Mercha...e=BCS

any input would be great. Thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone use the ATP Turbo VES assembly? (TurboEM1)

it def should work, but one of the main reasons for running open downpipe is to get a quicker spool, and your not gonna get that
Old 05-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use the ATP Turbo VES assembly? (adictionbass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adictionbass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it def should work, but one of the main reasons for running open downpipe is to get a quicker spool, and your not gonna get that </TD></TR></TABLE>

well right now i have a tanabe exhaust thats 60mm (2.36"). This has got to be better then that correct? If i dont get better spool time i should see an improvement in top end right?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any other opinions
Old 05-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, put your money towards a larger turbo exhaust. For $285, you are more than 3/4 of the way there for building your own custom set-up. Yeah it's a cool idea, but not worth $285!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just so you know, I spent around $325 on my custom turbo exhaust(T304 SS 3"), you will have to shop around, but it's doable!!! Check out http://www.kteller.com and verocious motorsports. They both have everything you need, and always check out ebay for deals, on exhaust flanges/DP's. Goodluck
Old 05-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use the ATP Turbo VES assembly? (Mugencrxsir1)

a thermal 3" exhaust for a crx is $575 plus you need to weld flanges on the cat since it wont bolt up directly. Shops around me charge $500 for a 2.25" crush bend and muffler from the cat back in mild steel. I could only imagine what a 3" ss setup would cost. As far as doing it myself. K teller makes a nice system but i am not good enough at welding to do it myself and i would have to go though taking a loss on the tanabe i have now thats brand new. A larger turbo exhaust is also louder all the time while this gets louder when full boost is reached.

I would just like more opinions on this product and then ill make my decision. Thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The only problems with it I see is the exhaust doesn't like to make 90 degree turns if it was inline it would work much better kind of like qtec thing here is picture of what I'm talking about http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/ notice how it's inline with exhaust flow which is a much better design
Old 05-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone use the ATP Turbo VES assembly? (Cole D)

i know i looked at the qtec first but it would require my car to get 2 tunes (one for open and one for closed). This seemed simpler since it just runs off a vacuum line with no electrical near an exhaust.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know i looked at the qtec first but it would require my car to get 2 tunes (one for open and one for closed). This seemed simpler since it just runs off a vacuum line with no electrical near an exhaust.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I like the idea of VES I just wished they would make it inline the way the qtec is designed I feel your pain though 3in exhaust is not an option because its just too darn loud and expensive

I just looked at the website again and saw where you can buy everything separate so it would be a great product I think I might buy this for myself

Modified by Cole D at 3:03 AM 5/8/2006
Old 05-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a thermal 3" exhaust for a crx is $575 plus you need to weld flanges on the cat since it wont bolt up directly. Shops around me charge $500 for a 2.25" crush bend and muffler from the cat back in mild steel. I could only imagine what a 3" ss setup would cost. As far as doing it myself. K teller makes a nice system but i am not good enough at welding to do it myself and i would have to go though taking a loss on the tanabe i have now thats brand new. A larger turbo exhaust is also louder all the time while this gets louder when full boost is reached.

I would just like more opinions on this product and then ill make my decision. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're funny, a larger exhaust is'nt louder, it depends on your resonator choice, cat/no cat, etc..... I see that you don't want to buy another exhaust after getting Tanabe, but sell it on ebay, and it's dirt cheap to have someone weld up your exhaust bends/flanges for you. Don't act like this is a bad idea, it's the right way, but I see your POV. I just think your wasting your money on that VES thing!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wouldn't that thing only open when you're in boost? i think you need it open through out when you're racing. i rather just get an ecutout. dmh
Old 05-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree the ves is gay