Notices

Anyone smell gas?

Old 08-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone smell gas?

Ok guys, i have checked all my lines and i have no leaks in my fuel lines or set up. However, when i park my car and get back in it it smells like gas inside. I do not have a leak anywhere though, ive checked as i stated before. On my fuel lid i was not able to use the strat-oseal grommets on the return line due to clearance issues, instead i have a rubber o-ring on the top and a stratoseal grommet on the bottom of the fuel tank lid where the earls 6an fitting runs. I am running the walbro 255 intank pump also. i had to notch out the cover of my fuel lid cover also, since i notched it out and the lid does not cover the everything as it did stock, is this why i smell gas?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone smell gas? (PrecisionH23a)

maybe you farted?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone smell gas? (Mase)

LoL. I smell the engine fumes when I put the heater/air vents on from outside. I think it's because I have an open vent on the top of my Valve cover.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Anyone smell gas? (PrecisionH23a)

What kind of lines did you use? (SS rubber, rubber, or teflon lined)
Anything but teflon lines or hardlines will seep fuel over time and cause that fuel smell. It is not really a leak but....it still is detectable in the garage. I've always had this with other cars I've built with SS braid rubber lines.

I should have sprung for the teflon lined hose and fittings to match.....they are not as flexable and more expensive though.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone smell gas? (BROOD)

umm, iono, it dosent happen to me when i idle, but whenever i redline or get over 5k rpm's there is a crazy gas smell like im running really rich and having a lot of unburnt fuel or something..
Old 09-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone smell gas? (BROOD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BROOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What kind of lines did you use? (SS rubber, rubber, or teflon lined)
Anything but teflon lines or hardlines will seep fuel over time and cause that fuel smell. It is not really a leak but....it still is detectable in the garage. I've always had this with other cars I've built with SS braid rubber lines.

I should have sprung for the teflon lined hose and fittings to match.....they are not as flexable and more expensive though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sure he figurded out the problem by now, he asked the question years ago . .
Old 09-29-2004, 03:22 PM

every time I turn the key....