Notices

Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding

Old 06-02-2005, 10:12 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding

I have a megan racing electrical oil press guage. The problem is that the oil sender sensor they gave me was fat, so the oil filter couldnt fit so long as that was installed. So my solution was to get a steel braided oil line and hook the sender to that. I grounded the guage to the block, and from that point to the chassis. Now i just dont think that i'm getting an accurate reading. I mean even if i rev it to redline my oil press only goes as high as high as 60 psi? I need some help please! TIA
Old 06-03-2005, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding (rukawa1one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rukawa1one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> So my solution was to get a steel braided oil line and hook the sender to that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what you're supposed to do . Excess vibration kills sender units so you are supposed to run braided line to the sender which soaks up much of the engine vibration.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I grounded the guage to the block, and from that point to the chassis. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't get what you are saying. But the best ground for anything is always the battery.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding (EnzoSpeed)

I have all my electric gauge sensor grounds grounded to the steel plate that holds your steering column in place. Works for me.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:09 AM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding (legendboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by legendboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have all my electric gauge sensor grounds grounded to the steel plate that holds your steering column in place. Works for me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok I think I'll try that, thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding (rukawa1one)

strange........ both of my last two oil press sensors grounded themselves through the steel braided line to the block. I never ran a ground from them.

NEVER had a problem in over two years, two different oil press sensors.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding (mike1114)

May not be a voltage problem, oil pump may not be up to stock specs. Just thought you should keep that in mind also.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Anyone running electric OIL press/pressure guage? Need some help on grounding (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">strange........ both of my last two oil press sensors grounded themselves through the steel braided line to the block. I never ran a ground from them.

NEVER had a problem in over two years, two different oil press sensors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this also worked for me also, same gauge, two different motors, no problems(btw its autometer)