Notices

Anyone remember what stuff you can uses to make motor mount inserts? the black goop?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone remember what stuff you can uses to make motor mount inserts? the black goop?

I need to get some for my camry as the shock plates are ratteling due to the ruber being aged. I wanted to fill the viod with the black stuff people were using to make motor mount inserts. thanks
Old 01-26-2005, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone remember what stuff you can uses to make motor mount inserts? the black goop? (turboex)

damn i found it, thanks anyways
Old 01-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone remember what stuff you can uses to make motor mount inserts? the black goop? (turboex)

3M window Weld
Old 01-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone remember what stuff you can uses to make motor mount inserts? the black goop? (Toda Party

also mcmaster sells poly urathane that you can mix up and poor in the mounts. I heard it was much better then the window weld and you can also pick what stiffness you want.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone remember what stuff you can uses to make motor mount inserts? the black goop? (Toda Party

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toda Party &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3M window Weld </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i used, worked fine so far

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also mcmaster sells poly urathane that you can mix up and poor in the mounts. I heard it was much better then the window weld and you can also pick what stiffness you want.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet, do u know what its called, page number?
Old 01-26-2005, 05:41 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

I was going to do this, but then I found out that the prothane inserts for my car were $26 for all 4 mounts, so I went with that instead.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

me and a couple of friends have used the 3M window film and it works pretty good.

Any info on that other stuff
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also mcmaster sells poly urathane that you can mix up and poor in the mounts. I heard it was much better then the window weld and you can also pick what stiffness you want.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sweet, do u know what its called, page number?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here is the write up on vortex with all the info you need.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1188960
Old 01-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It will pour like syrup, so go slow and use a funnel</TD></TR></TABLE>

the 3m windo weld is a ******* bitch to apply, u gotta use a caulking gun, and i was using a real shitty one, my hands were numb before i was done with 1 :mypussyhurts:

this stuff sounds way easier to apply
Old 01-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wonder how bad the 80A really is...

i mean i've been in cars with HAsport mounts and it really didnt bother me that much...hmm

underpressure - have u tried this stuff on ur car?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:54 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toda Party &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder how bad the 80A really is...

i mean i've been in cars with HAsport mounts and it really didnt bother me that much...hmm

underpressure - have u tried this stuff on ur car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anyone know what the durometer rating on the red Prothane inserts is? I've got them in all four of my mounts in my ED3 and MAN that **** vibrates the hell out of everything.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Mcmaster stuff in my rear mount, works like a charm
Old 01-26-2005, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toda Party &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder how bad the 80A really is...

underpressure - have u tried this stuff on ur car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No I have not tried it in my car. My honda already has mounts in it. I was going to try it with my vw but the mounts on the MK3 are different the the mounts on an MK2 so this would not work for my car.

I am not sure how stiff it is but it seems like the VW guys think any type of vibration is bad. So I am sure it is not to stiff for the honda guys.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can do the mk3 front mount with this stuff. I would only do the top half though and spend $50 for the poly lower half from autotech or tt. Just take apart the top part and fill all those little holes with it. works great, i've done it on several VWs (hangs head in shame)
Old 01-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I am not sure how stiff it is but it seems like the VW guys think any type of vibration is bad. So I am sure it is not to stiff for the honda guys. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i figured they were just being babies about it

my nugga zer0daze found this for me

Old 01-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can do the mk3 front mount with this stuff. I would only do the top half though and spend $50 for the poly lower half from autotech or tt. Just take apart the top part and fill all those little holes with it. works great, i've done it on several VWs (hangs head in shame)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really I was wondering if I could do that and if it would work. I asked the guy who started the thread and he said he did not think it would work so I just left it alone. There are a few vendors now selling complete all 4 poly mounts for like 110 on vortex. The price has gone down a lot over the past year. Also you can do the hockey puck trick for the lowers.