Notices

Anyone from modified motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from modified motorsports

Do you guys have the capabilities of tuning hondata?

thanks
Old 12-12-2002, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone from modified motorsports (vtecdood)

they are retards , they dont tune hondata anymore becuase they dont sell them anymore. thats the response i got from them .
if you do take it there, tune it yourself and just use their dyno .
or you might be walking home .
they are known for blowing motors and shitty swaps and ripping people off.
They fucked up one of our cars and ive seen their elctrical work on other cars they did swaps on and i have pics of the b16 head they fucked up on my friends car thats isnt being used now
blah
they also have no clue what they aer talking about they told my friend with an integra that noone makes a standalone or any kind of ecu upgrade at all for it
Old 12-12-2002, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Anyone from modified motorsports (itr206)

Is this the modified motorsports in harrisburg PA?
Old 12-12-2002, 08:33 AM

Im just looking for a tuner for my hondata. I talked to tony at carlisle and he seemed pretty knowledgable with forced inducted hondas he had his hatch there that had pretty impressive timeslips. I have access to a dyno but they dont have a wideband O2 if I have to I'll upgrade to the s200 series and get all the programming capabilities it'll cost me 375 so thats not a big deal its just that ive never messed with it and would like some assistance and access to a wideband. I thought of calling inline pro but dont know if they would be able to tune it so if anyone from inline pro reads this please respond. Anyone from modified motorsports reads this please respond I dont form an opinion on anyone till I met and talked with them so the previous guys response doesnt effect me either way everyone has their own opinions and experiences, mine is to get my car tuned thats all. I'm located 30 miles south of pittsburgh and would like to get a relatively close place to get my car tuned so any other suggestions would help also.

Thanks

[Modified by vtecdood, 5:34 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by vtecdood, 5:35 PM 12/12/2002]

[Modified by vtecdood, 5:36 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 08:38 AM

To itr 206 no offense please i just dont want this post to turn into a flame out ya know i just want my car tuned thanks for the opinion though.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In line Pro should be able to do it , check with them
Also there is another place not too far rom me in Pa, i forget what its called.
Check with SGT racing . hes the best in the area that i know of . I think he's In DC

I just speak from experience with thme , everyone i sent down there has had problems and i have heard alot or problems and seen their work . they just dont work to my standards.
Im telling you they wont tune it though, they wouldnt tune my vafc when I had one becuase they didnt believe that it was worthy enough to be used let alone tuned by them and then i gont hondata and called them and they said they wouldnt tune that either becuase they dont sell thme anymore becuase they have had nothing but problems with them . . . . sounds like they dont knwo how to use it to me . . but good luck letus knwo the outcome
Old 12-12-2002, 08:45 AM

thanks man. How do i go about getting ahold of someone at sgt? never heard of them.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:47 AM

Yahoo is a great invention found sgt on through there thanks again man.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hope this helps
Full Name: Stephen Sakai.
Email: steve@sgt-racing.com.
AOL Instant Messenger: sgtr275.
ICQ Number: 9081522.
Home Page: http://www.sgt-racing.com.

i have his phone number at home somewhere, but it should be on his site.
he actually made a few of the base maps on the hondata site for everyone to use, hes a great guy and has lots of experience.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:49 AM

If you want to come to Nyc we can tune it for you.

http://www.rpmnyc.com

Old 12-12-2002, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also racer X motorsports i think has access to a Dyno , they are in wilmington though.
I hope they have their own and not use MOdified's becuase they are sponsoring some of our cars and said they will give us free access to a dyno . and my car needs tuning ,
Old 12-12-2002, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have my own wideband if you want to do some DIY tunning. Or if you wanna run on a Dyno without a wideband.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone from modified motorsports (89civic1.8T)

Thanks for all the replies i didnt realize that steve sakai was the "sgt" my buddy is pretty good friends of his thats who he got his stage 4 and one of our customers who got some tuning done there as well on an all motor setup that was pretty sick if someone could get me his phone number I'd appreciate it I tried his website but it wont load and thanks again for all the help.

[Modified by vtecdood, 6:03 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i can post it up tongiht. i have his business card at home , i got my astage 4 from him too
Old 12-12-2002, 11:25 AM

thanks for all our help itr206 i appreciate it.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no prob.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:24 PM

i know sgt is good at tuning n/a set ups, how much experience does he have with turbo applications?
Old 12-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone from modified motorsports (nekkedR)

your just pissed because they wont tune your Hondata or your AFC. WE havent had any luck with Hondata or the AFC so why would we tune your car if they didnt have a ton of experience with it. All they basically work with now is the AEM set up. Honestly if they were that bad im sure they wouldnt have a 4 week wait to get into the shop. All of what you say has to do with what you heard of your friend said this or that. It all goes back to the post that Vince from GEM said about people talking about what they really havent exsperienced first hand.

BTW we will have FFgeoffs car up there on the 5-6 of January if you would like to watch. I will be operating the dyno so come on up.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone from modified motorsports (boosted3g)

Your friend wouldnt happen to be the ******* you stuck the cam caps on with an air ratchet would he?
Old 12-12-2002, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no my friend was the one who gave Modified numerous thousands of dollars to build him a nice *** na set up and ended up with 140 whp out of his ls
and was told after he bought his b16 head that he couldnt use that head with a b18 block
and was told he cant use type R pistons with his set up nor can he get any kind of standalone or modified computer for his car
on top of that someone up there stripped something in his b16 head , that you wanted to buy off me not too long ago for something you were working on
I also saw this civic coupe the other week they did his GSR swap in and the witing was horrible , im suprised it never burnt up . . . I joke when i say electrical tape is a mans best friend .
Thats funny becuase when i talked to them before i had hondata they were all into it , thne i buy it they wont tune it .
I hear nothing but stories about 10 sec street driven cars i have never seen at the track yet or with running motors in them .
I just think there is more tlak than actual knowledge and knwo how there.
too many horror stories and and when they say they can do something i put thme to the test and they turn me down . . . oh well no biggie to me , i have other options, but its good that people knwo what to deal with.

****anyway Stephens number is 202-321-4748****
and he has tuned quite a few turbo cars as well as NA .
Old 12-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know what to say other than when i worked there they put out quality work. I was up there the other week and they did have Nate's sentra ( from Import Performance) that they built and it pulled 518 at the wheels and the clutch was slipping @ 34 psi. I jsut now do work out of my garage but they still remain one of my sponsers and i have had good luck with them. Naturally they take care of me but with the other customers so many are repeat customers you may have just been the needle in the haystack. Im starting to work with Rebman RAcing, yeah the Mustang guys, and we may be moving into the import scene. With the fabrication skills and equiptment that they have we will be.

BTW how did that fogger it work out for you?
Old 12-12-2002, 06:35 PM

Modified Motorsports gets ...
Tony & Don have alot of Knowledge in the services they offer. I am sure if they knew they were at fault in any reason they would back there product/services up as any shop would who have invest thousands into there business...

There doing my swap here shortly, i am going up next week to settle on ordering a B16a from Don.

Attn Josh - You going up to modified anytime next week ? If so let me know, me and my dad are thinking about rolling up next saterday...
Old 12-13-2002, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone from modified motorsports (Outkast)

they didnt build Nates car?
He sant the motor out to Penske to get it done . and he did all the turbo work to it according to him
I know Nate pretty well as one of my club guys hangs with him all the time and I talk to him all the time at shows andup at his house once and a while with my friend
So he finally broke 500+ range. Ill have to check on that , becuas eim sure i woulda heard about it by now.
the fogger ? it was aight, i did 12.30's with it right of the bat and then took it out a week later and sold it . hehehe I only actually ran it once and wasnt what i was looking for .

[Modified by itr206, 5:25 AM 12/13/2002]
Old 12-13-2002, 06:46 PM

Well Tony is a Nice guy but when I was there they new **** about the AEM EMS computer. They couldn't even get ny fuel pump to turn on while I sat there for 8 hrs bored outta my mind. Nice shop nice people but not very knowledgable about tuning in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Anyone from modified motorsports (18gTeg)

bump