Notices

anyone know what brand manifold this is?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know what brand manifold this is?

and is it a/c compatible? all i know it that its for a b-series with a t3 flange. thanks in advance.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (89hatcher)

dunno who made it but definatley not ac compat.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dunno who made it but definatley not ac compat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No kiddin..

Looks like some random guy made it. Dont seem to look like someone familiar around HT?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:35 AM

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (synik)

probably some guy made it but ssauto is coming out with new manifold design similar to that one.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (HeedLessInc)

A bad version of SSAC
Old 11-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (gunslinger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gunslinger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A bad version of SSAC</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, i deff wouldnt trust it for long.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:16 PM

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (project dc2)

defintley looks homemade. I woudl use it, it doesnt look half bad. might not have robotic tig welds but who cares. Ive mig'ed my own manifolds and they hold up to any abuse.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (CRXdan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXdan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">defintley looks homemade. I woudl use it, it doesnt look half bad. might not have robotic tig welds but who cares. Ive mig'ed my own manifolds and they hold up to any abuse. </TD></TR></TABLE>+1

my homemade mig'd mani is holding up great! been using it for over a year and hasnt had a single issue.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (ryan89crx)

if i remember correctly it looks like the DC sports mani for the EVO, but its not stamped DC Sports

homemade Piece of ****
Old 11-05-2006, 01:36 AM

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (b00sted-Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b00sted-Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i remember correctly it looks like the DC sports mani for the EVO, but its not stamped DC Sports

homemade Piece of **** </TD></TR></TABLE>

just because its homemade you automatically think its a piece of ****, try saying that **** on homemadeturbo.com
Old 11-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (deca)

It looks like the One-Fab manifold that SSAC copied and now someone else copied it..... I would probably run it also depending on how thick the tubing is and how well its welded, if I where looking for a cheap manifold on a budget build

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b00sted-Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">homemade Piece of **** </TD></TR></TABLE>

just because its home made doesn’t automatically mean its a piece of ****..... Look at allot of the One-Fab **** that falls apart
Old 11-05-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good for a MIG manifold. I'm just surprised (s)he went to the trouble to ceramic coat it.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (beepy)

That's an original South Florida Performance manifold!! I worked at a performance shop back in the day when they 1st came out and we had 2 installed on customer's cars.

1 of the customers came back and turned his street car into a SFWD car and used the newer SFP race manifold. Mahdavi Motorsports in Lilburn, Ga has that old school SFP manifold sitting in the showroom from that car.

I'm positive it's a 1st gen South Florida Performance manifold.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 AM

89 hatcher, will you sell the manifold?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (BLK JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLK JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm positive it's a 1st gen South Florida Performance manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I was going to guess as well. I remember seeing these a lot way back in the day.

SFP has a good reputation (at least they used to) for quality manifolds. I would run it
Old 11-06-2006, 10:20 AM

i dont like the looks of it
Old 11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (b18sihatch)

sorry guys i take that back. i dont know if that mani is a POS unless i know how thick the tubing is, how well its welded, and so on..

my apologies
Old 11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLK JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's an original South Florida Performance manifold!! I worked at a performance shop back in the day when they 1st came out and we had 2 installed on customer's cars.

1 of the customers came back and turned his street car into a SFWD car and used the newer SFP race manifold. Mahdavi Motorsports in Lilburn, Ga has that old school SFP manifold sitting in the showroom from that car.

I'm positive it's a 1st gen South Florida Performance manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for telling me what manifold it was. cause i had no clue what or who made it cause i got it from my uncle.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXdan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">89 hatcher, will you sell the manifold?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah i'm gonna use it cause i got it for free from my uncle and i told him that i was going to use it. but how much do these go for anyways. oh by the way this wasn't used at all so its basically brand new.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (gunslinger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gunslinger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A bad version of SSAC</TD></TR></TABLE>

..i didn't know there was such a thing.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b00sted-Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry guys i take that back. i dont know if that mani is a POS unless i know how thick the tubing is, how well its welded, and so on..

my apologies </TD></TR></TABLE>

So when did tube thickness play a part in naming a manifold a POS? The thicker the better right? So I take it the manifolds made out of 16gauge 321 stainless are POS's? Thanks for the info, now I won't spend money on a burns stainless, hytech, or T1 manifold :rollseyes:
Old 11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (paul vang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paul vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
A bad version of SSAC
| </TD></TR></TABLE>

theres a good version?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paul vang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So when did tube thickness play a part in naming a manifold a POS? The thicker the better right? So I take it the manifolds made out of 16gauge 321 stainless are POS's? Thanks for the info, now I won't spend money on a burns stainless, hytech, or T1 manifold :rollseyes: </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh no im not saying that the how thin or thick makes it bad. but i mean it can lol. 16g 321 stainless is bad ***, thats why a lot of manifactures use em, hence the ones you said.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:31 PM

in a turbo application i believe i read everything has cracked that has been thinner than sch40 ie: 8 gauge steel.

full race is 8 gauge forged stainless steel

Old 11-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone know what brand manifold this is? (b18sihatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18sihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in a turbo application i believe i read everything has cracked that has been thinner than sch40 ie: 8 gauge steel.

full race is 8 gauge forged stainless steel

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you are refering to the guys running a 16 gauge mild steel tubular manifold with no support for the turbo. No matter what material, it will crack in time with major usage and no support. A 30-40lb turbo will put some stress on any type of metal that's been heat cycled over and over. It make be days or it may be years but it will eventually happen. I've seen a schedule40 (8 gauge) manifold crack, does that mean all of them crack as well? Probably not but my point is that although the thick weld els are tough, they are not indestructable...especially when using too much heat or too little heat on the weld
Old 11-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would run that thing it will probably do the job. looks like it will hold up too

Quick Reply: anyone know what brand manifold this is?