Notices

ANYONE KNOW A NAME BRAND DOWNPIPE I COULD BUY? for a 92 hatchback t3/t4

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE KNOW A NAME BRAND DOWNPIPE I COULD BUY? for a 92 hatchback t3/t4

yea said it all in the title. i want to know a name brand one if there is. not no ebay one
Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ANYONE KNOW A NAME BRAND DOWNPIPE I COULD BUY? for a 92 hatchback t3/t4 (stets)

what brand and design manifold do you have? not just any universal downpipe will work, and if it does will not fit well at all. Your better off contacting the manufacturer of the manifold you use and if no luck there get one custom made.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
New User

Default Re: ANYONE KNOW A NAME BRAND DOWNPIPE I COULD BUY? for a 92 hatchback t3/t4 (blwn95civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blwn95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what brand and design manifold do you have? not just any universal downpipe will work, and if it does will not fit well at all. Your better off contacting the manufacturer of the manifold you use and if no luck there get one custom made.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly! Same thing goes for Intercooler piping, there is no such thing as one size fits all downpipe and intercooler piping, it will depend on your turbo manifold manifold, intercooler and placement and also intake manifold. I too often run into these conversations with customers. I probably talk myself out of sales too often lol BUT I let people know if you buy X Brand downpipe or Intercooler piping and you don't run X Brand's Turbo manifold or intercooler you may need to modify said downpipe or IC , responses always "But why?" lol
Old 07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: ANYONE KNOW A NAME BRAND DOWNPIPE I COULD BUY? for a 92 hatchback t3/t4 (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Exactly! Same thing goes for Intercooler piping, there is no such thing as one size fits all downpipe and intercooler piping, it will depend on your turbo manifold manifold, intercooler and placement and also intake manifold. I too often run into these conversations with customers. I probably talk myself out of sales too often lol BUT I let people know if you buy X Brand downpipe or Intercooler piping and you don't run X Brand's Turbo manifold or intercooler you may need to modify said downpipe or IC , responses always "But why?" lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

BUT the answer is simple. We'll because different manufactures place the turbo and intercooler in different positions.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ANYONE KNOW A NAME BRAND DOWNPIPE I COULD BUY? for a 92 hatchback t3/t4 (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Exactly! Same thing goes for Intercooler piping, there is no such thing as one size fits all downpipe and intercooler piping, it will depend on your turbo manifold manifold, intercooler and placement and also intake manifold. I too often run into these conversations with customers. I probably talk myself out of sales too often lol BUT I let people know if you buy X Brand downpipe or Intercooler piping and you don't run X Brand's Turbo manifold or intercooler you may need to modify said downpipe or IC , responses always "But why?" lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

answer that with a question. ask them why a header for a hyundai elantra wont fit a B16. if they arent complete idiots they will get the idea.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 PM
New User

Default Re: ANYONE KNOW A NAME BRAND DOWNPIPE I COULD BUY? for a 92 hatchback t3/t4 (CoreyR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CoreyR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

answer that with a question. ask them why a header for a hyundai elantra wont fit a B16. if they arent complete idiots they will get the idea.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah but unfortunately people think that ic piping or downpipe made for a B series or whatever is ONE SIZE FITS ALL and if I didn't tell them they may have to modify it, then when they did get it they call bitching
Old 07-02-2008, 04:11 PM
* B A N N E D *

^^^If the customers are not smart enough to know this **** already then they shouldnt even be trying to turbo their ****. edit: especially if they have to ask "but why?" lol

on another note, I dont even understand why people who dont know **** about cars even try this for a hobby....its like senior citizens trying to use their brand new computer that they just bought when they dont even know how to plug the **** in. its kinda impossible so why try? lol

Modified by EASY101 at 5:22 PM 7/2/2008
Old 07-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but unfortunately people think that ic piping or downpipe made for a B series or whatever is ONE SIZE FITS ALL and if I didn't tell them they may have to modify it, then when they did get it they call bitching </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh no doubt.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:19 PM

theres almost always a catch to "universal. i bought a universal 3 inch downpipe. and spent more to make it fit than it would have cost me to have one made.
do it once and do it right. also you really need to give us some pix or list you setup for any real type of help.