Notices

Anyone know if this DIY fuel controller works?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know if this DIY fuel controller works?

Here is a link to a website for a DIY fuel controller http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this or if it would even work on a honda. I know it only does fuel and not ignition, but it still looks like an awsome diy project.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know if this DIY fuel controller works? (genop)

Looks like alot of work.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:30 AM

looks interesting... i'd like to know also...
Old 04-16-2003, 12:17 PM

anything that places extra injectors in your intake is garbage. Honda put the injectors right b4 the intake ports for a reason.

edit:
not to mention those extra injectors are just pulsed, they go off whether an intake port is open or not. If u inject too much, u could get fuel pooling. THe injector just sits there and pulses open/closed independent of the engine's current status
Old 04-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone know if this DIY fuel controller works? (UberTeg)

Where did you see anything about placing extra injectors? It is only a simple ECU for controlling injectors - i.e., taking a carbed car and converting it to FI or removing you current ECU and replacing it with one you can tune easily. I know someone who uses it on his racecar and is relatively happy with it.

Kirk
Old 04-16-2003, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Anyone know if this DIY fuel controller works? (gtpilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtpilot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where did you see anything about placing extra injectors? It is only a simple ECU for controlling injectors - i.e., taking a carbed car and converting it to FI or removing you current ECU and replacing it with one you can tune easily. I know someone who uses it on his racecar and is relatively happy with it.

Kirk</TD></TR></TABLE>

heres a quote from their faq:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Q: Is MegaSquirt a sequential-injection controller?

A: No - it is a batch injection system. With the two banks, one can fire simultaneously or alternate between the two banks, but there are only two banks. Sequential injection requires separate drivers for each injector, as well as the reference pulses to determine engine cycle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Basiclly you just get 2 groups of injectors, and u place them whever u want, and they get pulsed... its just an additional injector controller.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks like it is really well made
Old 04-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you are misinterpreting that statement, Uberteg. A batch fire system doesn't necessarily mean that you're piggybacking injectors on top of your existing ones. It's just an injector firing method that is more primitive than sequential injection. It's used by the Speed Pro bank-to-bank system and in the earlier DFI systems.

I've looked into the MegaSquirt for converting my old carb'd Fiat over to FI. I'm not sure I wanna mess with it. I will probably just use a Haltech or DFI.

Sonny
Old 04-16-2003, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Anyone know if this DIY fuel controller works? (Sonny)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sonny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think you are misinterpreting that statement, Uberteg. A batch fire system doesn't necessarily mean that you're piggybacking injectors on top of your existing ones. It's just an injector firing method that is more primitive than sequential injection. It's used by the Speed Pro bank-to-bank system and in the earlier DFI systems.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its impossible to piggyback the extra injectors to fire with your current injectors when u only have 2 banks unless u have a 2 cylinder. Which means the injectors are pretty much just randomly firing which can cause fuel to pool. Not good at all. THat site says some mustangs use that type of fuel injection, and we all know how efficient mustangs are