Notices

Anyone with info on this turbo D series manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with info on this turbo D series manifold?

http://www.anyturbo.com

Looks alright, but anyone with experience? I wish I could find a decent manifold for 300-500 instead of 700-800 or an *** SS autoAss. I guess they work with turbo support though

Anyway anyone running this? Price?
Old 12-09-2003, 02:21 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Anyone with info on this turbo D series manifold? (92BlackSi)

it will work fine with the turbo supported, i made good numbers with mine
Old 12-09-2003, 03:10 PM
On Fire!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

300-500$ I would get inline pro or max rev, besides that thing will crack, its made out of mildsteel and welded with a mig welder...

The manufacturer of that manifold is really Turbo-Performance and there has been numerous people about a year ago talking about how that manifold cracked on them. So I would stay away from it.

Here is also a line i copied from their website (All our headers are constructed of 120 wall thickness mild steel equal length runners into a merge collector.)

Here is a link to their website.
http://www.turbo-performance.com/index.htm

Its basicly a nice looking peace of crap.

Adi
Old 12-09-2003, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Anyone with info on this turbo D series manifold? (newgsr)

Hmm well I also came across an SPF manifold for $405

They say "Manifolds are made with 1010 heat treated mild steel...... Our manifolds are 100% guaranteed against cracking for 3 years". That seems like a good guarantee for a mild steel one though?

I have only found the B series Manifolds from Inline it appears they have no D-series ones?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:17 PM
TurboJesse

sfp is good

What size turbo are you running? the reason the ssautochrome will crack is because of the weight of the turbo hanging on it, if you support the turbo with brackets off the block the manifold will NOT crack.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone with info on this turbo D series manifold? (Mpir3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sfp is good

What size turbo are you running? the reason the ssautochrome will crack is because of the weight of the turbo hanging on it, if you support the turbo with brackets off the block the manifold will NOT crack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah that is what I was referring to they need some kind of support. Where would you support it from? Would you weld some kind of support to the turbo to hold it up?

I have no turbo yet but am doing the research on TM's so I do it right.

Goals are D16Z6 mid 12's about 110MPH. Maybe the SS would be worth it at first??
Old 12-09-2003, 04:33 PM
TurboJesse

welded the bracket to my dp flange that bolts to the turbo

Has worked great so far and im running a fairly large turbo, i can pull the manifold off without the turbo moving 1 bit
Old 12-09-2003, 05:02 PM

So what bracket is the flange is welded to? Is that part of the block?

I guess if the turbo ever had to come off you would have to unweld it?
Old 12-09-2003, 05:15 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (92BlackSi)

no that bracket just bolts to teh block, i think it might have been for a/c or something....
Old 12-09-2003, 05:16 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (Mpir3)

you can see the bolt all rusted and **** if you look
Old 12-09-2003, 05:32 PM

SFP We run one on our d16y8 and it works great.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Anyone with info on this turbo D series manifold? (norcalcrx)

i got a brand new log sytle for sale. check our my recent posts

this is a B series i made
Old 12-10-2003, 06:30 AM

Nice! But I thought I read somewhere that the log style ones lead to a lot of turbulence?
Old 12-10-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Re: (92BlackSi)

log styles are pressure based not flow. theres PLENTY of people runnin high horsepower with a simple log style manifold
Old 12-10-2003, 11:15 AM

log style, cast manifold...pretty much gonna get the same numbers...

inline pro is nice because their cast is strong and doesnt crack...but nothing wrong w/ a drag or a revhard manifold. if they sucked dick no1 would be selling them and there would be hundreds of them on ebay.

Personally i say buy whatever is cheapest and in your budget. Project dc2's manifolds look very nice and the welding seems high quality, but if i found a drag manifold for $200 and his are $265(correct me if im wrong) i would do the drag manifold.

I would be in no way afraid to buy one of those log style manifolds project is selling. they look great.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:25 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (bigwig)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigwig &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">log style, cast manifold...pretty much gonna get the same numbers...

inline pro is nice because their cast is strong and doesnt crack...but nothing wrong w/ a drag or a revhard manifold. if they sucked dick no1 would be selling them and there would be hundreds of them on ebay.

Personally i say buy whatever is cheapest and in your budget. Project dc2's manifolds look very nice and the welding seems high quality, but if i found a drag manifold for $200 and his are $265(correct me if im wrong) i would do the drag manifold.

I would be in no way afraid to buy one of those log style manifolds project is selling. they look great.</TD></TR></TABLE>

drag manifolds creep, if you don't care about boost creap then get the drag, it will save you $65 bucks
Old 12-10-2003, 02:39 PM

Default Re: (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">log styles are pressure based not flow. theres PLENTY of people runnin high horsepower with a simple log style manifold </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, thanks for the info. I will be looking at manifolds in the spring. I may hit you up then.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:48 PM

DRAG manifolds creep just like SS AutoCrome manifolds crack.

I thought you wouldnt be the one to buy into that bullshit hype. BTW you are a ******* *******.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:12 PM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigwig &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DRAG manifolds creep just like SS AutoCrome manifolds crack.

I thought you wouldnt be the one to buy into that bullshit hype. BTW you are a ******* *******.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea but it takes a simple bracket to stop a SSautocrome manifold from cracking, to stop a drag manifold from creeping you would have to relocate teh wastegate flange and have it all rewelded, and ive seen quite a few drags cracked too...Thanks i enjoy being an *******, might i add that you are teh quite possibly the cheapest **** i have ever seen. go get a 1st gen DSM if you wanna do cheap mods. You give out tons of false info on this board and you haven't even gone turbo on your car yet...
Old 12-10-2003, 05:16 PM

yea...the simple bracing fixes the paper thin walls of the ss autocrome manifold.

you are a ******* ***** and a half. your basis for ideas is so ridiculous its incredible. its like saying an astromonmer(sp) cant talk about the sciences of space and the way space acts without being out there....

i maybe have given wrong information over time, but once again no one is perfect. Just because you are the stereotypical honda-tech ******* that thinks if anyone doesnt use a precision turbo and the most expensive **** and have their car riced out in JDM bullshit...they arent worthy of having a car or an opinion.

Keep on following me around on this forum and commenting on whatever i say, because it makes you feel good about yourself. If thats what makes you feel good, keep it up, because i can take someone differing with my opinions.

Oh, btw, boost creep with DRAGs generally was caused by the combo with the deltagate. You swap it with a tial and the problem becomes minimal.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:24 PM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigwig &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea...the simple bracing fixes the paper thin walls of the ss autocrome manifold.

you are a ******* ***** and a half. your basis for ideas is so ridiculous its incredible. its like saying an astromonmer(sp) cant talk about the sciences of space and the way space acts without being out there....

i maybe have given wrong information over time, but once again no one is perfect. Just because you are the stereotypical honda-tech ******* that thinks if anyone doesnt use a precision turbo and the most expensive **** and have their car riced out in JDM bullshit...they arent worthy of having a car or an opinion.

Keep on following me around on this forum and commenting on whatever i say, because it makes you feel good about yourself. If thats what makes you feel good, keep it up, because i can take someone differing with my opinions.

Oh, btw, boost creep with DRAGs generally was caused by the combo with the deltagate. You swap it with a tial and the problem becomes minimal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually bracing the manifold really only puts stress on another area of the manifold, the key is supporting the turbo, which takes weight off the paper thin walls.

and i don't have a precision, i have an old garrett turbo and ssautochrome manifold, definatly eliteist parts..

I dont' follow you around the forum, its just the posts you make stick out like sore thumb, whether its lowballing some guy or giving complete mis-information...

Lastly the deltagate wastegate is a whole different issue on its own, it has nothing to do with the placement of the wastegate on the drag manifolds.