Notices

Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup?

I have a GSR motor and I think my turbo might be smoking a little anytime it spools it smokes. Just wondered who else is using it and a picture of thier return line to it thanks. Note my downpipe is facing my A/C compressor and my charge pipe faces toward the coolant reservoir. I also only use 4.5qts of oil in my setup not 5 to 5.5 so that it won't be upto the drain hole. I will update a picture of my setup later tonight. Please anyone out there help me thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:02 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup? (2000__GSR)

You can only run 4 quarts of oil with the aluminum moroso pan if you are using the return bung. I know a few people who have had your same problem with the pan.
With the new steal road racing pan you can use all 5 qts!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup? (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can only run 4 quarts of oil with the aluminum moroso pan if you are using the return bung. I know a few people who have had your same problem with the pan.
With the new steal road racing pan you can use all 5 qts! </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's good info

I never checked if the level came above the return bung on mine, I'll have to try it...thanks!!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup? (Boondock Saint)

EDIT: It's good info if it's true...I emailed Moroso for an answer on that...let's see if they respond. The next time I do an oil change, I'll pull the oil drain fitting off, and see at what volume level oil will flow out of the return bung (just to prove it to myself...)
Old 06-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup? (Boondock Saint)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boondock Saint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EDIT: It's good info if it's true...I emailed Moroso for an answer on that...let's see if they respond. The next time I do an oil change, I'll pull the oil drain fitting off, and see at what volume level oil will flow out of the return bung (just to prove it to myself...)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that I think about. I think this guy might be right. when I've had the oil drain fitting off. Some oil has come out, but not alot. The car was on stands so maybe if it had been on all four tires it would have leaked more... Hmmmm......
Old 06-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup? (TurboChrgd_Civic)

I ran 5.5qts in my alumium moroso oil pan and I never had any smoking issues....... ran the car all summer on old turbo without a problem, now with new setup, still no problem.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:13 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have Z10 or Moroso oil pan for turbo setup? (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran 5.5qts in my alumium moroso oil pan and I never had any smoking issues....... ran the car all summer on old turbo without a problem, now with new setup, still no problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats bad dude, pull off the oil drian and I bet you at least half a qt will just pour out. 4.5 is the most you should run, trust me!