Notices

Anyone have this Hondata problem? Cant enable datalogging

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have this Hondata problem? Cant enable datalogging

Just got datalogging after having my s200 for a while. So I hook up my Dell, sure enough, no dice, wont connect. Just says "connecting" with nothing else. I play with the com ports, make sure everything is set properly and still, nothing. I check the website and see some Dells have issues. When I click connect, it tells me datalogging is not enabled. On the ECU screen, it still also says "not enabled."

So I say OK, try another laptop, this time a Sony. Plug it in, remove FIFO (or whatever) buffering, fire it up, this time it connects for a second then says "connection error." I play with the Com settings again. This time, I get it to sit at "connected" but the dash isnt showing anything. 248 temps, no needle movement. It says "connected" even though it still gives me the same "datalogging not enabled" error message when I click connect, and under ECU it still says datalogging not enabled, but it is connected.

This is all serial....is the serial to USB adaptor mandatory? Or is the connection there, just an issue with my activation code not working? Im assuming something is wrong if it keeps telling me datalogging is not enabled when in fact it should be. I doublechecked my code with the dealer, and it wasn't written down wrong. Im not sure whats wrong here.

Im assuming its a problem with the software or with the box. Is there an older version I can download somewhere? At this point, Javier just told me to send him the box to look at, they don't know what else it could be. It just wont let me enable datalogging. Anyone else ever have this issue?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have this Hondata problem? Cant enable datalogging (newgsrdriver)

SEARCH.

Sorry just had to.

Seriouly though I remember some people having issues with the serial to usb adaptor. I think some people went into the bios and changed some setting with the serial port. But again I am just going off memory from a few years ago. Sorry can't be of more help.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have this Hondata problem? Cant enable datalogging (underpressure02)

Chump, I did search and came up with nothing On the Hondata board too...Ive seen people mention that they have had this problem of the box popping up saying datalogging is not enabled, but no one mentions a solution. One guy said it still works, just that box pops up every time. Mine doesnt work at all...says connected, but nothing moves on the dashboard. Water temp did change from 248 to 19deg today actually, thats about it.

The serial-usb thing seems to be an issue that lots of people deal with, but since Im now getting a connection, I dont think that would have anything to do with not being able to enable datalogging.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have this Hondata problem? Cant enable datalogging (newgsrdriver)

I got the perfect solution for you. Sell it and get AEM. J/k I really have no clue man.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I found the answer in a search, it was dated a few years ago under 'hondata'
Old 02-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hondata.com/connectivity_issues.html
Old 02-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hondata doesnt like the dell serial ports....sooo you gotta use a KEYSPAN usb to serial adapter for it to work....trust me on this i was in your shoes.... ive tired other adapters but only KEYSPAN seems to work....
Old 02-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone have this Hondata problem? Cant enable datalogging (MrBui)

What were your exact symptoms? Im thinking it doesnt have to do with the adapter because I CAN connect, the system just wont accept the key Im putting in for datalogging, which Hondata has verified many times.

Did you have the same problem before?

And as for that connectivity thing, Ive read it about 87 times unfortunately. My problem is not on there.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you are 100% sure you have the right code then its the dell serial port..... mine said connecting too but wouldnt do anything after that
Old 02-04-2005, 03:32 PM

i have the same issue, but my s200 unit is flashing so im gonna have to reburn the eprom and then try it again. Im also thinking its causing my rev limiter to randomly kick in. but my motor issues are all i really care about right now....
Old 02-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats the thing, I tried it with the Dell first, then abandoned it and hooked up the Sony. I wasnt able to get anything but "connecting" with the Dell, with the Sony it actually connects, its just the software wont allow me to enable datalogging.

Is there anywhere I can download a previous version of the software? 3.3 or earlier? Does anyone have the file on their computer they can send me? I have 3.4, Id like to try an older version, plug in the code and see if it works.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone??????????

i am having the same problem too
Old 02-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

i NEVER had a problem with mine connecting. I didnt jump on the new craze and upgrade. i stuck with my 4B and worked like a charm
Old 02-06-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: (itr206)

Well i figured out why mine isnt connecting, it must be the s200 unit itself that im running, because all of the connections are fine, everything is hooked right, i even reburned the EPROM but it still flashes. I still cant enable datalogging, the rev limiter randomly kicks in and i cant set my launch control. Time to send my unit back to hondata why i do the motor build up.