Notices

Anyone hard line oil return?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hard line oil return?

I'm looking for different options for running a hard line for oil return. I'm running a topmount manifold and back door intercooler so the oil return has to take a little bit of an odd route. I could definitly pull it off using standard SS braided line but I'll have to make some braces to push the line where I want it to go. Thanks
Old 04-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone hard line oil return? (ScottEK)

bump
Old 04-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm doing a hard line from the pan up then -10 AN for the top part to give it some flexibility and make it easy to pull the turbo. Specificly what are you asking about?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone hard line oil return? (Bailhatch)

Just any examples, what kind of hard line are you using, I looked into brake lines but they are too thin. I need something -10 that still bends easily. That's a good to mix the two different methods.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh, im using 5/8" hard hydraulic line. its just mild steel so im gonna just bend it with a little press bender. Then on the top of that i'm welding a -10 an fitting like you would have on the pan normally. I almost wish I had just tapped the side of the block when i built the motor instead.

Old 04-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone hard line oil return? (Bailhatch)

Russel makes a nice aluminum 5/8 line that can use a -10 fitting that is compression style. Summit has it all. You can only get the line in 25 ft lengths. If you wanna get a 3 foor section to mess with let me know. i'll sell you some for like $10. Then you just need fittings
Old 06-14-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Anyone hard line oil return? (Wideopentuning)

I'm in the process of trying to piece together my oil return using the 5/8" hardline from Summit but I'm having a hard time figuring out what fittings will work and maybe you can help me out. I have a 5/8" barb fitting welded on to my oil pan and the same 5/8" barb on the oil return flange from the turbo. My original thought was to use some rubber hose to fit over the hardline and the barb fittings and just hose clamp it all together but I'm not sure if that will be good enough to prevent leaks particularly from where the aluminum hard line will be clamped. You mentioned using -10an compression style fittings but I could not figure it out from the Summit catalog. Can you tell me what fittings to use so I can integrate the hardline to the barb fittings so that I basically have a compression seal from the aluminum line and then end up with 5/8" barb fittings on both ends?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wideopentuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Russel makes a nice aluminum 5/8 line that can use a -10 fitting that is compression style. Summit has it all. You can only get the line in 25 ft lengths. If you wanna get a 3 foor section to mess with let me know. i'll sell you some for like $10. Then you just need fittings </TD></TR></TABLE>