Notices

Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 11:19 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do?

Here is the story...

Sent a b17a bottom end out to earl to get sleeved and assembled...when it was all done earl packaged everything up like I'm sure he's done thousands of times, I'm sure that isn't the problem...

The problem is that fedex decided they were going to play basketball with my shortblock and bounced it all around...

Earl shipped the block on the 14th of jan. and it was supposed to arrive on the 21st of jan. When it didn't show up I called and they told me it was held up at their rialto warehouse for 7 days...I'm guessing this is where they dropped it...they basically just tossed everything back in the box and taped it up.

I haven't taken the motor all the way out of the box but as far as what I can see there is a *small* chip in the block and water pump...I don't want to take it out and have them say that I somehow voided everything...

There is sufficient insurance on the block but like I said I'm not sure of the extent of the damage yet.

Let me know if anyone has gone thru something like this.

***edit*** this block should be ok to use? pics below.

Modified by B17aTrbo at 8:12 PM 1/27/2004
Old 01-27-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (B17aTrbo)

I would contact them ASAP. Processing damages can take a significant amount of time. However, in the end it should work out if it was adequately insured.
Good thing you guys went with FedX. UPS is really hard to deal with.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (rondigs)

man that totally sucks... tell us what happens.. it sucks waiting, anticipating for ****, then have it arrived all fu%*ed up...
Old 01-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (kKdARIAN)

when my package was damaged they made me come get it at ups and showed me what happened, then i filled out paper work and the sender of the package has to declare the value and all that crap. long story short it was a headacha but i got reimbursed. good luck.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (ProEater)

it also dependso n the shipper if they insured it at that given value. If not you are also SOL in taht it is only valued at 100 bucks which sucks. But most times tehy will call and tell you it got damaged and you must pick it up and fill claim in information.

its always good to note the damage asap with pics and whatever you can get.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (kKdARIAN)

shipper has to initiate the claims process, the receiver isn't technically the customer in this situation. I had this happen to me.
-PHiZ
Old 01-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (PHiZ)

I chased a dam UPS man down the street, that fool drops off a box that looks like he ran over it a few times.... He didnt even tape it back up. it looked like it got stuck in the shredder. I went down to UPS and bitch the local manager out for a very long time. I was laughing when I got in the car on how hard I bitched her out. I guess I was pissed because the package wasnt even mine, it was my wife.

Memeries.

Nick
Old 01-27-2004, 02:53 PM
New User

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (B17aTrbo)

Anyone I can email pics to that can post them for me? If so email me so I can forward them...I don't receive pm's but if you email me I can send them right away... Cclarke@hiptop.suncom.net
Old 01-27-2004, 03:01 PM
New User

Right now I'm basically trying to make sure the block is useable and that I won't have any problems with it...I have looked at it but I just don't know if it will have any adverse effects on anything...

What a way to ruin the fun of getting a package from the fedex man! Punks
Old 01-27-2004, 03:24 PM

Old 01-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (G2 Pilot)

thats some major damage
Old 01-27-2004, 03:33 PM
New User

That my friend is shitty!
Old 01-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (b18bturbo)

I would be SOOO f*cking pissed!! I have had some pretty beat up packages come my way but nothing as pathetic as that. The block looks to be OK but I would definatelly hit up FedEx for some sort of compensation.

-Ryan
Old 01-27-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (Kwuaymaikrup)

with the experience i've had with shipping companies, there's nothing i don't wrap in bubblewrap anymore. liberally.

then i usually buy some of those plastic airbags (i can get them quite inexpensively, along with other packing materials) and toss 'em in. carpet padding helps too.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:16 PM
New User

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (G2 Pilot)

Thanks g2 pilot for posting the pics for me!
Old 01-27-2004, 04:39 PM

I had earl do a block for me, didn't even use that extra heavy duty uhaul box and mine came back OK. guess i was lucky

looks like they rolled it down a hill l

couple things i did different, cut insulation to fit the box tight then worked my way in and i also wrapped that bitch in a old blanket
Old 01-27-2004, 04:40 PM
New User

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (Kwuaymaikrup)

What I'm going to do is call fedex tomorrow and ask to speak with a supervisor right away to save time...I don't want to give them my block because it is still useable PLUS it would be very difficult for me to find another one since it's a b17...

When I get the sup on the line I'm going to tell them how disappointed I am and I will let them know that we basically have 2 options, I can either take out the insurance claim and get the 3 grand and they can take the block and sell it at an auction and get like 500 bucks for it and lose 2500 or they can just give me a reasonable amount to "repair" the block and for me having to deal with this bullshit...

Not sure if they will help me out but I do feel like they messed up and just like everyone else they should pay for their mistakes...if I were them I'd feel right embarrased to evem deliver a busted package like that!

I'm probably making a big deal for nothing but I spent a lot of money and earl and benson took a lot of time and effort putting it together properly just to have them kick it around like a piece of trash!

I'm done my venting :/
Old 01-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Banned

Thats Fedex for you.... clame that **** ASAP.... From the way the box looks alone... you could probably get your money back.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's I don't care how much it costs me. I ship everything with the mind set "this is going to be dropped, kicked, etc". That's why we put a "shipped" price on everything. Here is how I shipped a B16a Golden Eagle Mfg. block, ENDYN pistons, ARP head studs, 84mm head gasket and some other stuff. It was 118lbs.

Give them Hell
Old 01-27-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (0x64)

I have had a bad experience like this to the 1st turbo kit i bought was damaged when i got it from UPS. They were so stupid as to leave it outside it the rain with a greddy profec A in the box and a my apexi turbo timer..electronics dont like water..anyway i contacted ups right away.. and after their b.s investigation as it was told to me by a former ups employee who used to do them i was told it was the shippers fault the box got destroyed in transit and i got jack from them..i feel your pain bro good luck on gettin the $$$$ for it.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats not bad at all you can get it checked out you have have to get it re-decked but you may not have to
Old 01-27-2004, 06:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B17aTrbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks g2 pilot for posting the pics for me! </TD></TR></TABLE>

just helpin out a fella in need is all.

[southpark]give 'em hell, kid. give 'em hell.[/southpark]
Old 01-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That just makes me sick. I'm gonna find another way to ship.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (earl)

Earl, I send allot of stuff through FedEx Express, Airborne Express/Ground, UPS Ground/Next Day/2nd Day and a little bit through FedEx Ground. Almost 70% of the packages I send are mishandled in one way or another. You just have to go that extra step to insure there is no damage.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:25 PM
New User

Default Re: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do? (earl)

Don't sweat it earl, it would only happen to me. That's just my luck!

Quick Reply: Anyone had a problem with shipping damages before? what did you do?