Notices

anyone had dealings with jay thornton ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone had dealings with jay thornton ?

anyone had any dealings with this guy ? he makes custom turbo manifolds in california, ive been waiting 7 months i was told when i ordered it it would be 6 weeks !

he said he would send me a refund weeks ago, suffice to say no refund was made and now he doesnt answer my emails

paypal wont have anything to do with it as the transaction was made over 45 days ago
Old 01-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone had dealings with jay thornton ? (seanclark)

What name does he go by on here like what screen name and does he have a business name?
Old 01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like silly sohc
Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jay aka sillysohc is in canada, not california.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

email had californiajay in so i assumed he was in california
doesnt make a difference really just wanting to know if anyone else has had any problems ?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had told you my email was california_jay@hotmail.com its in my sig as to where you saw my work ..

I had to chek back quite a way to see anything from you....oct 30th

this tells of whats going on... bring you up to speed

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1824744

Modified by silly sohc at 8:30 PM 1/14/2007
Old 01-14-2007, 10:28 PM
my house has wheels on it

i have run 2 of his manifolds on my b-series ek, and a topmount on my bros sr20/s13

top notch products, top notch service
pic... of his actual product

Old 01-14-2007, 10:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (BrokeAssWhiteboy)

i had my mechanic order me a b series eq ramhorn with a 44mm v-band wastegate flange about 4-5 monthes ago, my mechanic told me that he said he had shipped it already about 2 monthes ago, i gave it 3 weeks since it was coming from canada and still saw nothing. so my mechanic emailed him and he said that maybe it got lost in the mail and he was going to send another one out. this makes me believe that he never actually made one because he's not going to eat like $150-$300 in parts alone that paid out of pocket, to make and send another one.
the original quote said it would take about 4 weeks to finish, it has been nearly 25 weeks and still no manifold. my mechanics name is lavelle
Old 01-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have dealt with jay and had absolutely no issues with his service or his product at all
Old 01-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zeimbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeimbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had my mechanic order me a b series eq ramhorn with a 44mm v-band wastegate flange about 4-5 monthes ago, my mechanic told me that he said he had shipped it already about 2 monthes ago, i gave it 3 weeks since it was coming from canada and still saw nothing. so my mechanic emailed him and he said that maybe it got lost in the mail and he was going to send another one out. this makes me believe that he never actually made one because he's not going to eat like $150-$300 in parts alone that paid out of pocket, to make and send another one.
the original quote said it would take about 4 weeks to finish, it has been nearly 25 weeks and still no manifold. my mechanics name is lavelle</TD></TR></TABLE>

Speak to me first b4 dragging my name further through the mud. Totally unaware of this situation.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 AM
KOBE IS GOD

did you pay with your Credit Card because if you did you could still do a chargeback .
Old 01-15-2007, 10:17 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (silly sohc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silly sohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Speak to me first b4 dragging my name further through the mud. Totally unaware of this situation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i apologize, im just very irritated because ive seen the quality of your manifolds- my friend is running a topmount on his 750+ whp hach, and i was excited cuz i was told it would be done in a month, and its taken much longer than that. also, i wasnt sure how to get ahold of you until now because i just go through my mechanic
Old 01-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (silly sohc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silly sohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Speak to me first b4 dragging my name further through the mud. Totally unaware of this situation.</TD></TR></TABLE>
im at my wits end now......

im in the middle of a dealing with him......

Modified by hootiehoo at 5:20 PM 1/27/2007
Old 01-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

[offence deleted]
Old 01-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have had customers who dealt with JT. They had nothing but good things to say about him, his customer service and his products. People also say they had good dealings with One-Fab though, hahahaha
Old 01-27-2007, 06:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (strictly.business)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strictly.business &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">shut the expletive up. comprehend the situation, take the mans word that he'll get you your parts and be done with it.

you dont even build your own **** so i dont even know why i acknowledge you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, what a crappy attitude. ok lets try this your way:
* begins comprehending*
- gave money 5 monthes ago
- given bs excuses why its not done yet
- wonders what i have to show for it
- wonders if im ever gonna get my manifold or my money back

what does building your own **** have to do with anything? the point is that he paid money for goods and services and the receiver of the money hasnt held up his end of the bargain by providing the goods and services. when you give someone money for something and they give you a timeline of when youll get it, you expect it at the end of the timeline. ok, so they dont get it done by the timeline and ask for a little longer- ok thats cool, when will it be done then? ok a few more weeks thats fine. monthes later youre haggling with them because you still dont have what you paid your hard earned money for. and i know you werent talking to me
dousches ftl
Old 01-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

[deleted]
Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned

ps: the manifolds look good. that may be why they take a while to make.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

youre an idiot. yea sorry i dont know how to bore and hone a block so i have to have someone else do it. sorry im not a professional tig welder who knows how to argon backpurge through stainless steel. its not always that i dont know how to do something, its that i dont have the tools most of the time because my toolbox was ravaged through a few monthes back and im lacking the tools. id also rather have things done right and foolproof. ive built a few blocks including my single cam in my first car (92' cx) and also my ls/vtec that was transplanted in my 92' cx a few monthes later.
so its my fault that he lags in making the manifold? you are such a retard, im wondering if youre even old enough to have a license based off the content in your half-baked response. even large, 'reputable' businesses and companies have delays and setbacks. i went through jay because i had 2 friends who used him and i liked the quality of the manifold and they got their manifolds in about 6 weeks. a lesson lived is a lesson learned- dont pay any attention to idiotic high school kids with a **** attitude and mouth big enough to deepthroat an elephant.
peace

Modified by zeimbo at 8:03 PM 1/27/2007
Old 01-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had some delays with my custom Jay Thorton manifold too. Dont worry he will come through. He is an honest guy who makes a damn good product. Hes just really busy.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jay definately makes a good product-
almost 2 years and 40+k miles later, no cracks on my ramhorn
Old 01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

[deleted]
Old 01-28-2007, 11:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i didnt expletive up anything. and i didnt bring the **** here, the op did and he asked "anyone had dealings with jay thornton?"- i told him the story of my dealings and here you are captain slob a **** criticizing me because i used my friends paypal to order a manifold. i really could care less how i look, but even less about what some idiotic highschool kid talking **** over the internet thinks about me.
peace
Old 01-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why must every H-t manifold builder thread turn into an huge "where my mani bitch" thread.

*edit: page two pwnage
Old 01-28-2007, 04:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (SOHCD16y8)

cuz sometimes if you feel like your builder is just jerking you around, doing it on a widely viewed forum pressures them so they dont look bad and lose business. im not saying jay is a bad guy or that hes trying to take peoples money, im just saying that if people want a manifold in a timely manner- they might want to contact one of the companies that pumps them out quickly.
im also saying that strictly.business fails at life. be sure and tip your waiter

Quick Reply: anyone had dealings with jay thornton ?