Notices

Anyone ever see that kind of block guard?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever see that kind of block guard?

It's a block that I want to buy, but never heard how those kind of block guard perform.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That looks welded and the motor looks sleeved.

I dont think you can buy that anywhere that looks like someones homemade idea.

Also why can I see a spot of light in that sleeve with the piston in it ? Theres a freaking hole in the block.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:53 AM

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

That type of block-guard is called a big blob of crap. Thankfully, you cannot buy it anywhere.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Also why can I see a spot of light in that sleeve with the piston in it ? Theres a freaking hole in the block.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that's just a color change where the steel sleeve ends and the aluminum begins.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:52 AM

Default Re: (Enzo Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Enzo Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That type of block-guard is called a big blob of crap. Thankfully, you cannot buy it anywhere.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So far all of your posts have been worthless. This one is no different.

Welding is a good idea.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Enzo Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think that's just a color change where the steel sleeve ends and the aluminum begins. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Again, this shows that you know nothing about hondas. That IS a hole in the block. It's where the water pump goes.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Re: (F20Cteg)

The more I look at it, it look like a blockguard welded to the block/sleeve, then pull out of the block, at least for the part that were not welded.

I have a block guard now, don't like it, don't hate it, but not sure if it's a good idea to take it out like this. At least I know that the block has been bore and honed.

Do I have to fear that those part of the sleeve will expand because there're material here and there's not on the rest of the sleeve, causing the pistons to scratch those area? And blow up the engine?
Old 08-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CroteTurbo)

It's welded... someone ran a bead, then drilled holes. The weld does'nt look like it penetrated the cylinders, so it's really no better than any block guard.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is stock sleeves, that block is NOT sleeved. lol
Old 08-21-2006, 05:22 AM

Default Re: (CroteTurbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CroteTurbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Do I have to fear that those part of the sleeve will expand because there're material here and there's not on the rest of the sleeve, causing the pistons to scratch those area? And blow up the engine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The pistons don't thrust from side to side, so that won't be a problem. Whoever did that has the right idea.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
Old 08-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As long as the weld doesnt fall out...check out the welds on the seconds cylinder, they look like they arent even touching the cylinder walls for most of it except the middle.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SPOOLINmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOOLINmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is stock sleeves, that block is NOT sleeved. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

'' looks sleeved '' was the word.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F20cteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So far all of your posts have been worthless. This one is no different.

Welding is a good idea.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

''That looks welded/someones homemade idea''

Your worthless at reading, get out noob.

Block guards/posting is a bad idea in the first place get some sleeves cheap ***.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
...... Also why can I see a spot of light in that sleeve with the piston in it ? Theres a freaking hole in the block.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's where the water pump goes..
Old 08-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

'' looks sleeved '' was the word.

''That looks welded/someones homemade idea''

Your worthless at reading, get out noob.

Block guards/posting is a bad idea in the first place get some sleeves cheap ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>

relax big guy.

Are the psitons removed in the following cylinders?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

looks like the cylinder distorted from the welding, dont these cylinders look oval to all of you?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Re: (rtype11)

The engine is all appart, so I think the piston is in the cylinder only for the pic, engine is freshly bore/honed.

As for the welds that don't touch the cylinder, I supposed by looking at the second cylinder, that those are not welds but only the part of an aluminium blockguard that has been cut and removed, they just let the welded part there.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever see that kind of block guard? (CroteTurbo)

Don't even bother with that block.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever see that kind of block guard? (ekb18c)

get sleeves
Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 AM

Interesting idea, If you were to bore and hone afterwards I'd figure it would work great.

Also why can I see a spot of light in that sleeve with the piston in it ? Theres a freaking hole in the block.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^I think you should keep your opinions out of "technical" threads untill you've acctually taken a good look over a honda block.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F20Cteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So far all of your posts have been worthless. This one is no different.

Welding is a good idea.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, chopping up a blockguard and welding it in in pieces is an excellent idea. I'm sure the benefits are incredible. Wait, no, it's just another idea someone had which can never be proven one way or another. "Well, I've been running it like that for xxx miles at xxx boost and there are no problems yet." That's great. But is it doing anything?

When a motor with a blockguard doesn't blow up, it's not proof that blockguards do anything useful.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Again, this shows that you know nothing about hondas. That IS a hole in the block. It's where the water pump goes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh please master, teach me more about this mystical "water pump" of which you speak! I know not of the magical inner workings of such complex Honda motors. I just get confused so easily, what with all the millions upon millions of complex moving parts contained within the bottom end.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doubleA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doubleA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
^I think you should keep your opinions out of "technical" threads untill you've acctually taken a good look over a honda block. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL true.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (Justin Jones)

Thanks all, but the point here is not "will it help hold power" but "will it be worst on the engine"

I go see it and see how it's look like
Old 08-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doubleA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doubleA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

^I think you should keep your opinions out of "technical" threads untill you've acctually taken a good look over a honda block. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Opinion ? It was a question retard, and a fact.

I think I should, wait dont giva damn! I dont want know to know everything about everything ESPECIALLY when I dont use Honda's 4 cylinders anymore.

Modified by MidShipCivic at 8:42 AM 8/22/2006