Notices

anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go?

just curious if anyone has ever made good power on a log manifold? i have been looking into different manifolds to get to convert to an external wastegate, but i dont want to get something i wont be satisfied with. but equal length manifolds are so damn expensive. are they really worth the extra money or would a log manifold work just fine?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (B16Civic93)

you can make 500 on a log, but with a tubular equal lenght you'll make more tq and spool better
Old 06-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (jdmhonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmhonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can make 500 on a log, but with a tubular equal lenght you'll make more tq and spool better</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually you get quicker spool with a log then equal lenght.

Also you can make plenty of power on a log mani. Before companies like full-race, one-fab, lovfab, most people ran a form of a log mani.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (jdmhonda)

Ramhorn equal length style makes more power for sure. Boost creep is an issue with that design, this i know. Full-race had a dyno comparisson. 30 some odd whp i think it was just swapping. Log built boost quicker, tubular/ramhorn made more power at same boost just a lil later on the RPM range..
Old 06-24-2005, 08:47 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (Ls1 FD3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ls1 FD3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ramhorn equal length style makes more power for sure. Boost creep is an issue with that design, this i know. Full-race had a dyno comparisson. 30 some odd whp i think it was just swapping. Log built boost quicker, tubular/ramhorn made more power at same boost just a lil later on the RPM range..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe it was actually 60whp...I'll go check.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (Dunc)

i made some alright numbers w/ a f-max log, can't wait to see what a equal lenght will do at the same boost level

18psi
Old 06-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (graphic)

heres a video comparison bewteen a traditional log-style manifold vs. a ramhorn/tubular manifold.
http://fugu.trnetworks.net/~ge....mpeg

i beleive 64whp was gained from the swap and was realized through out the entire power band.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (B16Civic93)

Arturbo.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (turbotommy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotommy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres a video comparison bewteen a traditional log-style manifold vs. a ramhorn/tubular manifold.
http://fugu.trnetworks.net/~ge....mpeg

i beleive 64whp was gained from the swap and was realized through out the entire power band. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that was before tuning.. 48 hp after tuning to a safe a/f
Old 06-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (Tactic$)

Matt Keller also runs the Inline Pro log manifold (t4) and makes good power... 9 second turbo 4 car.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (g2turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Matt Keller also runs the Inline Pro log manifold (t4) and makes good power... 9 second turbo 4 car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct, his integra makes over 700whp and runs 9's all day long
Old 06-24-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (7k rdlne)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16Civic93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just curious if anyone has ever made good power on a log manifold? i have been looking into different manifolds to get to convert to an external wastegate, but i dont want to get something i wont be satisfied with. but equal length manifolds are so damn expensive. are they really worth the extra money or would a log manifold work just fine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

try bmcrace.com
Old 06-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got an Inline Pro T3 mani, and make 450whp no creep at all.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:20 PM

Your going to make more with an equal length amnifold.

in your tiny turbo's case you will MAX out pump gas and that turbo with whatever psi you can get it to safely. Then if you get an equal length manifold, you will make MORE power.

end of story.

FYI he has a greddy kit and is deciding what to do about a downpipe, and now manifold.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for me either way i want lifetime warrenty cuz u never know if it cracks or breaks ya know. so if u run log then i say go with lovefab.com cuz they have lifetime warrenty and if u go with tubular then i say peakboost since they also are backed by lifetime warrenty but thats just me and the route i am about to take. i am in the situation too on deciding on the extra money.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: (civicsi940)

Yes log mani spools up faster then the tublar manifold. The tubular manifold will make more power topend. It depends on what you goal is. Log mani if you on a budget if not then go tubular. Like above post the tubular mani will make more power at the same psi as the log.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Fab-Works)

well i plan on getting an sc34 and running an equal length manifold and a 3 inch downpipe. i want to make sure if i'm going to be spending the money for the manifold that it is going to be worth it.

thanks for all of the replies
Old 10-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16Civic93)

uhhh...someone is on a 4 month delay
Old 10-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (graphic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by graphic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i made some alright numbers w/ a f-max log, can't wait to see what a equal lenght will do at the same boost level

18psi </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know what size turbo you have on your H. but i have a tubular EL sideways type mani on mine and i made 492whp on 17.5psi

its probably my turbo. i have a gt3561e
Old 10-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (g2turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Matt Keller also runs the Inline Pro log manifold (t4) and makes good power... 9 second turbo 4 car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you sure? i heard otherwise?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (Full-Race Geoff

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you sure? i heard otherwise?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Picture I took a couple weeks ago.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go? (Full-Race Geoff

cool thanks for the pic
Old 10-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does tubular log style manifold makes difference?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I made 486whp @22lbs on my rev-hard manifold using a sc-61 .63 ar.

Adriano
Old 10-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, isn't it bad to use heat wrap on the upper charge piping? Everything I've read says that just retains unwanted heat

Quick Reply: anyone ever make good power on a log manifold or is equal length the way to go?