Notices

Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 01:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners?

Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners: Eric Grove or Roger LaVine? They have a mobile dyno....wideband and all. They're from NH, but come to the NJ area a lot.

I was just wondering if anyones heard of them or has anything to say.

BTW, its a Land & Sea Mobile Chassis Dyno, any info on that?

[Modified by 00SilverLS, 5:56 PM 12/28/2001]
Old 12-28-2001, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners? (00SilverLS)

From what I have seen at most shows, there dyno's are very off on the hp and torque reading. They are a nice bunch of guys but the dyno they brought to the last import show (imports vs domestics) at etown was not accurate. I know this for a fact because a couple of my friends dynoed their cars there and were pulling some pretty low numbers, yet still going 11's all day.
EVIL
Old 12-29-2001, 12:18 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners? (Evil GS-R)

I'm not so concerned about their numbers as long as they are consistent in their ability to fine tune a car using a wideband. If the numbers are low but consistent and linear in their error then absolute numbers are not important. They have hondata stage 4 tuning and chip burning which is important and their fees are very fair.
beats a trip to toronto to have to pay both a dyno guy and a tuner separatedly
torin.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:19 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners? (GruvyTune)

Torin, I see your point, but if I'm on a dyno anyway, I'd rather see accurate numbers.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:25 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners? (00SilverLS)

Matt,
if you can find a better price on a dyno/tuner let me know. I have a hondata so my choices are slim to none. Oh, ok, I can buy a wideband o2 meter ($875), a laptop ($1000) and upgrade my hondata and get a rom burner ($450).

I may go with Podium...that was one opinion so far anyway. If anyone else has good, bad or indifferent opinions please say so,

torin
Old 01-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of Podium Performance or their tuners? (GruvyTune)

Anyone else here with experience with them?? I want to know since I may also tune a hondata unit with them.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:18 AM
New User

Thanks for inquiring about us! We have seen and heard that our numbers seem to be low, but you can't judge us until you have 2 identical dyno's side by side, on the same day, same weather conditions, same wheels, tires, engine, etc. and then do a run on each dyno and see what the difference is. Dynos are that much different. Some dyno's add in 15% automatically, some add more, some subtract, some you can only get consistent runs at full throttle in one gear. There are so many variables that can alter your output by as much as 40%. Our dyno is a waterbrake type, meaning we can add or subtract load at any rpm, in any gear. Our program does not add any gearing, wheel diameter, or any other factor of 15% automatically. You get what you got to the ground, at that moment's given weather. You can add 15-20% to our numbers and lose the 'gear loss' factor, but you will then have an 'estimate' of hp. Anyone who gets on a dyno and has a lower number than a previous dyno will obviously say we're low. My dyno of a tuned Hondata program on my chip showed almost a 10 hp and 10 ft lbs of torque difference than the dyno chart on the Hondata website, but the curve is exactly the same. If anyone has questions, please don't hesitate to call. 1-866-DYNO-GUY or 302-521-5915. We'll do our best to answer your questions. Thanks again and hope to be able to serve you sometime. Email: HPilot@podiumperformance.com

edit: added email

[Modified by HPilot, 7:56 PM 1/29/2002]