Notices

Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=true

I dont wanna run a twin disc because of the price. Think these suckers can handle 500whp? Anyone ever use one? lets hear it.

PS i dont give a **** about streetability.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (Ls1 FD3s)

how much torque do you think you'll be making? chances are it can take it since it's meant for racing only. dont really know about street ability though...
Old 06-09-2005, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (flip1199)

I've never heard of them and I wouldn't use them either.

The auction does not include any sort of professionalism and doesn't mention materials/manufacturing processes to establish merit. It also doesn't contain a link to a manufacturers website.

Also, the titles/descriptions use a lot of terms that are meant to attract unsuspecting ricers; "stage 5", "drag series", "strip use" etc. Then they say the setup is also streetable with only a "noticeable engagement".

That whole auction just doesn't have any professionalism - it's classic "ebay style" no name taiwanese crap. And personally, when it comes to flywheels, I'm not going to chance it with something that might be faulty and explode into a million pieces.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (EnzoSpeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never heard of them and I wouldn't use them either.

The auction does not include any sort of professionalism and doesn't mention materials/manufacturing processes to establish merit. It also doesn't contain a link to a manufacturers website.

Also, the titles/descriptions use a lot of terms that are meant to attract unsuspecting ricers; "stage 5", "drag series", "strip use" etc. Then they say the setup is also streetable with only a "noticeable engagement".

That whole auction just doesn't have any professionalism - it's classic "ebay style" no name taiwanese crap. And personally, when it comes to flywheels, I'm not going to chance it with something that might be faulty and explode into a million pieces.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like someone needs to go do there homework before opening there mouth. go to http://www.competitionclutch.com and look at featured cars&gt;speed&gt;honda. and look at all the cars that use there clutches.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:13 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (flip1199)

yeah, i've hear of people running them before also. never seen one in person, but it looks identical to my clutch specialties.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (therealPROJEKTEG)

Lol, the irony of that is just sickening. I think God is mad at me.

And yeah, it does look like my clutch specialties - which is the same as Daikin which is the same as OEM. I swear, every clutch I look into turns out to be made by the same company.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (EnzoSpeed)

do you really trust an ebay no name item? do you want to run the risk of seriosly damaging your tranny during a run a the track and left stranded? i was going to purchase an ebay 6puck clutch kit for dirty cheap. but id rather spend the xtra money on a product that has been proven longetivty, reliabilty and streetablity. so i got myself a clutch specialties clutch 6 puck unsprung with 11lbs flywheel $410 shipped. atleast i wont have no worrys that a spring might pop, a puck breaking, etc cause this ish can take abuse.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (91integraLSVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91integraLSVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you really trust an ebay no name item? do you want to run the risk of seriosly damaging your tranny during a run a the track and left stranded? i was going to purchase an ebay 6puck clutch kit for dirty cheap. but id rather spend the xtra money on a product that has been proven longetivty, reliabilty and streetablity. so i got myself a clutch specialties clutch 6 puck unsprung with 11lbs flywheel $410 shipped. atleast i wont have no worrys that a spring might pop, a puck breaking, etc cause this ish can take abuse.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you even read what posted. it's not a no name clutch. do some research..

"Looks like someone needs to go do there homework before opening there mouth. go to http://www.competitionclutch.com and look at featured cars&gt;speed&gt;honda. and look at all the cars that use there clutches."
Old 06-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Ditto

A lot of people around here run Competition clutches, they are very good. Cant complain about the price either . I run their stage 4 and its very streetable and is holding up to 500hp. BTW: If you want that clutch I can get you a much better price on it, PM if your interested.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the comp clutches, is a guy that branched away from a big name clutch company and started his own brand. His stuff is damn nice. They carry it at a shop that I tune out of in Pa. I would buy one in a heart beat.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

I know you said you don't care about streetability, but this clutch will wear out fairly quickly due to not being a twin disc, but like you said it's not made for the street.

BTW....I don't trust no name brands
Old 06-09-2005, 10:48 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW....I don't trust no name brands </TD></TR></TABLE>

it has a name, 'competition clutch' , or did you mean 'h-t name brand' like act, exedy, and clutch master?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:05 AM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe the comp clutches, is a guy that branched away from a big name clutch company and started his own brand. ...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Clutch Masters

Ive hear great things about Comp. Clutches..
Im running one of their Flywheels
Old 06-09-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: (fjt)

Can't comment on how much they hold (I'm under 300whp), but I really like the 4 puck sprung so far.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rufus523)

interesting. Im gonna check out that link.

I know the whole description sounds really wierd and very JDM EBAY style. I am and would be hesitant to buy, but i wanted some real world feedback.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications? (Ls1 FD3s)

I have one and it does hold the power but is short lived . I like them better than clutchmaster because have had three CM break and my Competition hasnt broke , just wears fast . I am not at 500 whp but a little over 400 slip the thing all the time and seems to take the heat because it doesnt slip just pedal engagement is getting shorter so I know it is wearing fast . I have about 5K miles on it .
Old 06-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Competition Clutchs are a "name brand" clutch. The founder of the company use to be with ClutchMasters but branched off. Mike @ TSR in MD ran one of their clutches with 500 whp and it held nicely.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: (therealPROJEKTEG)

"No-name" brand means a brand that is not known. and I was kidding hence the and
Old 06-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HEY ADSEGUY... Are you the teg i always see on largrange AVE around 600pm? I have that red EG hatch with huge *** intercooler. I saw your avatar and thought it might be you. just wondering.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: (Ls1 FD3s)

I've been on Lagrange a few times are you going to the HT HIN meet before HIN?
Old 06-09-2005, 04:15 PM

i have their clutch and flywheel, no complaints... but i was N/A, im gonna get the 4 puck disc though most likly before i get my turbo set up together
Old 06-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (accord387)

where is this HT meet? Maybe il bring the hatchcrap...

Im not going to HIN tho... The cars are sitting still not doing ****...
Old 06-10-2005, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Raunch runs a stage 4 compeition clutch, and he LOVES it!
he says it is a million times better than his old clutchmasters...
pedal pressure was closer to stock than most
Old 06-10-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: (Ls1 FD3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ls1 FD3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where is this HT meet? Maybe il bring the hatchcrap...

Im not going to HIN tho... The cars are sitting still not doing ****...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not going to HIN either even though I've never gone. It's ****** $25 ! https://honda-tech.com/zerothre...32841
Old 06-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe il show at the meet/BBQ... i feel wierd at those things because its just people and cars sitting around and people asking me stupid questions... I NEED ACTION!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone ever hear of these clutches or use them on high WHP applications?