Notices

Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I AM A SCAMMER, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ME.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's

I just thought id ask you people here ..

OK i have a obd2 civic and i got the chipped ecu and jumper harness all connnects but when i start it up it wont run right witht eh chip installed it ilde like really low and then i try and step on the gas and nothgin happens it seems liek it wants to die..

So i taje the chip out and cranbk it up then it runs fine..
And it also runs fine with my stock ecu plugged up..

What could be the problem does anyone know..

I got the chip from phearable
Old 04-05-2006, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (JUST2SPOOL)

That's why buying random chips isn't a good idea. If you made your own chip, you could adjust the settings to get a good idle.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (EnzoSpeed)

True but i kinda thought phearable was good and reliable becasue he has so much good feed back and i never heared anythign bad about him and his work... iam waiting on him now to pm me back so i can talk with him about it
Old 04-05-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (EnzoSpeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's why buying random chips isn't a good idea. If you made your own chip, you could adjust the settings to get a good idle.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (JUST2SPOOL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUST2SPOOL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">True but i kinda thought phearable was good and reliable becasue he has so much good feed back and i never heared anythign bad about him and his work... iam waiting on him now to pm me back so i can talk with him about it </TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't work that way. There's nothing wrong with his chip, that's not the problem.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:35 PM

Generally our basemaps work very well for our customers.

Please read over: http://phearable.net/tech/efibeginnerguide.html

Every forced induction vehicle requires tuning regardless of how good the basemap is.

Please let me know if I can provide you with another basemap to try and resolve your issues or if I can provide you with a refund.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (mtber)

I've noticed that the idle is the worst when you go from an OBD-II to an OBD-I ECU. Not only is the idle AFR off, but the IACV sensitivity must also be adjusted.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've noticed that the idle is the worst when you go from an OBD-II to an OBD-I ECU. Not only is the idle AFR off, but the IACV sensitivity must also be adjusted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Idle should be the same on a properly tuned obd1 vehicle as a obd2 vehicle
Old 04-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (mtber)

<FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="Red"><U>JUST2SPOOL IS A SCAMMER! Click Here</U></FONT></FONT>

You got time to type this out on a computer and wait for answers - then you definetely have time to ship my head.

Ship my head or refund my money!
Old 04-06-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (Laserjock)

The purpose of a basemap chip is so you can drive your car from your house to the tuner shop.

DAN
Old 04-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUST2SPOOL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just thought id ask you people here ..

OK i have a obd2 civic and i got the chipped ecu and jumper harness all connnects but when i start it up it wont run right witht eh chip installed it ilde like really low and then i try and step on the gas and nothgin happens it seems liek it wants to die..

So i taje the chip out and cranbk it up then it runs fine..
And it also runs fine with my stock ecu plugged up..

What could be the problem does anyone know..

I got the chip from phearable</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought you just blew your engine boosting in fifth gear [sarcasm] you must have a lot of spare engine parts laying around [/sarcasm]

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1577142
Old 04-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (Laserjock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Laserjock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="Red"><U>JUST2SPOOL IS A SCAMMER! Click Here</U></FONT></FONT>

You got time to type this out on a computer and wait for answers - then you definetely have time to ship my head.

Ship my head or refund my money!</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^^
Check that out...

Just2spool doesn't have time to ship something he sold two weeks ago...or so he claims...but he won't refund the money?

This is crazy, I can't believe he 'doesn't have time' to ship something tht somone already paid for, but he can make threads?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (QuikJaysun)

i told him friday so enuff with the bs from you bitches ok
Old 04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i messed around with the obd jumper crap, and i had idle issues too. One computer sucked completley, and the other i tried was better, all stock. I never found out if you had to do anything with the obdII sensors, since your using a obd I computer now, might wanna look into that.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (coneheadsracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coneheadsracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i messed around with the obd jumper crap, and i had idle issues too. One computer sucked completley, and the other i tried was better, all stock. I never found out if you had to do anything with the obdII sensors, since your using a obd I computer now, might wanna look into that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

He is using aftermarket injectors (larger then stock). Probably an aftermarket fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator etc. Turbo basemaps are not always perfect due to these factors. This is why tuning is required regardless of how good the basemap is.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a bad idle surge. Unplug the purge solenoid. Either located on the fire wall or on the fuel rail of the OBD2 car.

But noticing that it is idleing low. Try bumping up the idle screw a little, but tuning is definitley a key part to making any chipped ecu run well. Basemaps are only so good, you can never take into account every setup.

What runs fine on a setup similar to yours doesn't mean it will work the same on your car.

That should help it out.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUST2SPOOL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i told him friday so enuff with the bs from you bitches ok</TD></TR></TABLE>

you had my payment since March 19th so how about enough bs from the bith that wrote this

Ship the head or refund my money!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:36 AM
AIRBORNE

dont help this bitch .. scammmmmmer
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Laserjock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you had my payment since March 19th so how about enough bs from the bith that wrote this

Ship the head or refund my money!</TD></TR></TABLE>

ever get your money or the part?
Old 05-04-2006, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (brookliner7)

i got a chip from phearble too.. my car idle really low just like yours and is about to die out too just get it tuned you should be fine
Old 05-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever have a idle problem with there chipepd ecu's (brookliner7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brookliner7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ever get your money or the part?</TD></TR></TABLE>

JUST2SPPOL user is banned. he was also signed up as seeeya04 also banned

never got any money back from paypal. i'll use CC payments from now on!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

aw man, that sucks.

I got scammed when I used paypal too.
I thought I was "protected" but found out the hard way that they only mean protected in the sense that the connection is secure.

scammers suck...

Yup, I use credit cards now for ALL my purchases on paypal.