Notices

Anyone ever Feel like their Honda/Acura is just a Kids "toy" car, they are playing with?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever Feel like their Honda/Acura is just a Kids "toy" car, they are playing with?

I think of this every time I want to turbo my car and mod the crap out of it, and I am like even when I am done its going to be an unreliable Honda with a turbo on it. Yes its hot and will be hella fast but its still a Honda and I just look at it like its a toy I've had fun with but I am really interested in Boost and cars and I feel like I should move onto a diff kinda of car. Just my thoughts sometimes, would love to hear your thoughts cause I know I can't be the only one that feels this way.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever Feel like their Honda/Acura is just a Kids "toy" car, they are playing with? (1996Gs

no matter what you do, you will always be a punkass riceboy to the rest of the world.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever Feel like their Honda/Acura is just a Kids "toy" car, they are playing with? (1996Gs

im sure if many people had the money, they would buy a supra. but...

FACT is, hondas are cheap, cheap to mod, can be fast, quality.
WTF more do you want ?
Old 05-07-2002, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If I had unlimited funds, I would have a different car, but for my current situation I like it just fine. I would take my integra over pretty much any >$30K new car right now. I'd give it up for one of those new Z's though.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:55 PM

im sure if many people had the money, they would buy a supra. but...

FACT is, hondas are cheap, cheap to mod, can be fast, quality.
WTF more do you want ?
yes agree 100..er 99%..well,ill pass on the supra,id buy a 911 turbo
Old 05-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all cars are toys, at least to us... but in addition to that, they are a necessity to live in todays world, a tool of survival. When a car becomes nothing more than a show car or a track car, then it is officially a toy.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My reason: R parts are cheap

Edit: well, relatively

[Modified by tonydatyga, 11:56 PM 5/7/2002]
Old 05-07-2002, 08:01 PM

Here in the Bay, its honda=>Lexus=>BMW=>Mercedes=>Porsche and so on...I think the main thing is do what you want to do cause SuperDragII is right, ure always going to be some rice boy to somebody, so go drive a turbo'd gsr, and I trust it will change your mind.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a lame thread. If anyone is interested in putting thousands of dollars into their car then it is a "toy". No matter what, you will never get out of it what you put into it (money wise)---I dont care who you are. If I wasn't into my car, then I guess I would be sitting on a nicer couch, or eating off of nicer plates, or had a girlfriend I could keep without bitching about the car all the time.......
Old 05-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If I had unlimited funds, I would have a different car, but for my current situation I like it just fine. I would take my integra over pretty much any >$30K new car right now. I'd give it up for one of those new Z's though.
I feel the same waY
Old 05-07-2002, 08:14 PM

of course everone would love to drive a supra, skyline etc but they're already known to be fast. Im sure the camaro ss driver would be much more embarrassed losing to a honda than a supra. I do not even have a turbo as of now and i still would take my 00 civic si over most cars on the market. when people ask me if i would rather have my car or a ferrari or something, i always say sell the ferrari, buy a hatch, drop in a built crvtec and turbo and be fast as ****. for life
Old 05-07-2002, 08:14 PM

The difference between men and boys is the price of there toys.........

I love my GSR.... but if money was no object I would have something different.....and a bigger house.....and a boat.....and a cabin.......

Stick with what you can afford and have as much fun as you can with it!!!!
Old 05-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Banned

honda's are great. i think i'm going to miss mine very much. you just have to look in your future and see what you really want. i knew eventually 400hp wasn't going to be enuogh for me, and i was very limited in traction with fwd and only able to squeeze 215's on the front of my car.

to some, 200 hp is enough, and love the go-kart feel. i know i do, and i'm gonna miss that. my new car isnt' going to feel so agile. but, it'll be faster hopefully
Old 05-07-2002, 08:51 PM
New User

I really like Hondas, but I hate it when I'm pigeon holed and get no respect by people that drive other types of cars and think I have no idea of what I'm doing. All cars are toys, toys that have engines which are all air pumps essentially. In bare basic terms, tuning a Supra is not much different than tuning a Honda - I've done it all. But because I drive and mainly work on Hondas, I always am looked upon as some punk kid who jerry rigs these lawnmower engine powered cars to be fast.

And for all those above stated reasons, my next project will not be a Honda. It will be RWD, have 6-8 cylinders, and be turbocharged. That'll show 'em
Old 05-07-2002, 10:49 PM
New User

no matter what you do, you will always be a punkass riceboy to the rest of the world.
hahahah ok.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:20 AM

All of us will be punk *** rice boys to SOMEONE for the remainder of the time we have our cars. My whole point was I just feel like that if MY main goal is to have a turbo'd car running very fast, I should buy a car that CAME turbod and pref something rear wheel drive so I could actually make use of the power I make on the street. I LOVE my car to death but I just feel like For what it is its fast and I should leave it at that and move onto a newer project. And my car has 90,000 miles right now and i have owned it for about 30,000 of those and my luck someone beat the **** out of it before me so now she blows oil. So Im looking at a full turbo kit 3,000 plus Tunning, all the other little bullshit and a FULL rebuild jus to hold ten Psi.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:30 AM
Better than steak

And this applies to FI, how?