Notices

Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back?

Actually, I know of a couple guys that have been waiting or have had serious lagging issues. I will let them speak for themselves if they wish.

"2 week turn around time." Really? Maybe so, if you are a big name professional racer.

If it's going to take 3 months, then let the customer know. Just telling them the classic line, "it should ship this week", doesn't accomplish anything.
Old 11-12-2002, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (Inlinefour)

The demand for their product has overwhelmed them. That's when people start making mistakes, when they have oh so many orders, they start losing track of shiet.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (xThexHeadx)

Yeah i have to say yes as well but i do get it within a months time fream. used to be 7 day now its up to almost 21 days for blcoks . deck plate is even longer.

But awesome service and quality so i really dont mind..
Old 11-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (xThexHeadx)

Uh-oh... <guy that was pulling his motor this week to send down>
Old 11-12-2002, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (b18bturbo)

I'd be cool with 21 days. The thing is, they have had my block at their facilities since very early September.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (Inlinefour)

I just got word today my longblock is ready, but I sent it to XYZ shop in late July for a full build including GE sleeves. From what I've been told by XYZ, GE was the major holdup for them. And now they're telling me their shipping company doesn't ship to Wyoming. Yay!! Oh Well, not the first time I've had to make a roadtrip to the XYZ shop to get shiet done...
Old 11-12-2002, 12:37 PM

What shops did you guys use. I hope to buy my GE sleeved block from ImportBuilders. Do any of you know how fast they work? I have heard good stories about them but I don't know what they are like professionally. I think their prices are fairly decent. I give them a
Old 11-12-2002, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (siboi18)

I am going through Brandon Gilstrap to get the work done at GE. I did not get in on a group buy.

Old 11-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup its ge they are jut sobusy but the quality work is unbeatable. I would just be patient. It will only take extra week unless you got some crzy setups.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (b18bturbo)

i waited for about a month, a little longer actually, i cant even remember its been since June 30th since ive driven my car (at the time it was supercharged )
Old 11-12-2002, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (C-Redrum)

the turnaround time only sucks when UPS loses your block for a few weeks. (yes i'm still not totally over that) but the quality is outstanding. my friend who owns a shop took one look at my GE sleeves and then sold his block with darton sleeves and sent out a block to GE.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (downpipe)

dang Viren, i guess i was pretty luck to have mine back in about a month and a half then wasn't I, even with the work you did for me, it only took about 6 weeks total, and i live on the freakin east coast

all i care that IMO all the work was top notch, the stuff you did for me, as well as what was done at GE

[Modified by Boosted97Lude, 11:44 PM 11/12/2002]
Old 11-13-2002, 03:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (siboi18)

What shops did you guys use. I hope to buy my GE sleeved block from ImportBuilders. Do any of you know how fast they work? I have heard good stories about them but I don't know what they are like professionally. I think their prices are fairly decent. I give them a
Jeff @ Import Builders is awesome
Old 11-13-2002, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (mskibbz)

i got my block back in about 10 days, all they did was sleeve it, no bore, hone. Had that done locally, that may cut down on the turnaround time.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (highbrid)

Anybody having GE sleeve AND build their short block? Just curious if that would increase the wait by a long time or not...
Old 11-13-2002, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (mskibbz)

if u want to wait 3-4 months and get a piece of **** scrap metal, give JG engine dynamics a call.

Sorry, still venting a lil!
Old 11-13-2002, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i received my block within a two week time frame and everything was just perfect.

Edit: and i sure as hell am no big name racer

[Modified by autoEXturbo, 3:23 PM 11/13/2002]
Old 11-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (autoEXturbo)

I went through Brandon as well. My block took like 3 months, I forget how long because it was one thing after another. I even had to ship it back to them, and still have not been reinbursed for it. All I know is Vince blew me off, Ted was rude, and my block took forever.

I guess that's what happens when you save a few bucks.

ps, I could go on and on, but that's for another day and time.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:31 PM
New User

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (apexii)

I went through Brandon as well. My block took like 3 months, I forget how long because it was one thing after another. I even had to ship it back to them, and still have not been reinbursed for it. All I know is Vince blew me off, Ted was rude, and my block took forever.

I guess that's what happens when you save a few bucks.

ps, I could go on and on, but that's for another day and time.
Sorry to here that too, Brandon is local to me and I thought we were friends but during this situation with Golden eagle he was supposed to contact them and let me know too, our 3 bad blocks local all the circle of friends have not had their calls returned either.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:40 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (Boostfed)

i think whenever a business comes into the industry and has good product, there is a stampede and the business gets beat down trying to do high volume of business with lots of uneducated consumers - which causes problems for the business cause the consumer doesnt get what they expect. at some point you get pulled under by the tide of $$$ coming in and you cant swim anymore and all hell breaks loose. so you get more employees and train them but its hard to keep the level of attention to detail cause these new guys havent been there forever and dont know the committment required to make things perfect, all they see is the pile of work they were brought in to do, so things speed up and the next thing you know the guys who originally made it work are on the phones all day just trying to keep the pissed customers happy and they're not doing what they love which is why they started selling the product in the first place.

sucks.

Old 11-15-2002, 01:03 PM
New User

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (falconGSR)

i think whenever a business comes into the industry and has good product, there is a stampede and the business gets beat down trying to do high volume of business with lots of uneducated consumers - which causes problems for the business cause the consumer doesnt get what they expect. at some point you get pulled under by the tide of $$$ coming in and you cant swim anymore and all hell breaks loose. so you get more employees and train them but its hard to keep the level of attention to detail cause these new guys havent been there forever and dont know the committment required to make things perfect, all they see is the pile of work they were brought in to do, so things speed up and the next thing you know the guys who originally made it work are on the phones all day just trying to keep the pissed customers happy and they're not doing what they love which is why they started selling the product in the first place.

sucks.
True true I agree except maybe the uneducated consumers part, maybe sometimes. But I've heard that is the case for GE when the groupbuys were happening this though is just heresay.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (boomslang)

I think a long wait is worth it for a good job that you can count on being good. There are only a couple places that do good serious work on hondas it seems.

Importbuilders, and GE. To both of them.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (HXMan)

I think a long wait is worth it for a good job that you can count on being good. There are only a couple places that do good serious work on hondas it seems.

Importbuilders, and GE. To both of them.
A long job is one thing, being promised a timeframe and then not getting it anywhere near it is another. I don't think you'd hear people complaining about it if they were told it would be 3 months. If they get the "it's shipping" runaround and poor customer service, then they(we) have every right to voice our opinion.

I'm so fvcking sick of seeing everyone kiss their *** like gods. Do they do good work? yes. But that is only 1/3 of the overall equation. I have heard so many personal GE horror stories, it's disturbing. I can almost guarantee that there will be another "GE" sooner than later; equalizing the competition.

I'm also sick of Vince's "we're better than everyone else" attitude, one saying one thing and the other not acknowledging it. And their "selective reply disease" where they answer some questions (on here) ASAP and others there is not even a comment made. We'll I bet this post gets a comment.

If you think the GB people get anywhere near the same turnaround & service as individual customers, you've got another one coming to you.

Michael Harris
Old 11-16-2002, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (apexii)

i sent 2 blocks about 3 months ago. One was back in about 3 weeks and the other (deckplate) i just got back a few weeks ago. The way i loook at it is as long as it holds together im happy. They should however give better esimates on time.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back? (boosted3g)

Update:

I just got lied to again on a supposed ship date.

GE lies like no tomorrow, but I am supposed to trust them with doing a good job on my block? I'm perplexed.

I've never dealt with this type of **** poor, mickey mousing, blowing smoke up my *** bullshit in all my life.

If I do ever get my block back, I am tempted to just sell it and buy a new block to have Darton sleeves put in, just in spite of GE.

I will never do business with GE again.

Quick Reply: Anyone else been waiting for months to get their GE block back?