Notices

Anyone datalogging with Innovate LM1?

Old 07-24-2005, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone datalogging with Innovate LM1?

Hey guys,

I was just thinking about setting up my LM1 to datalog with their software and equipment. I was just wondering if you guys could give me an idea of how hard it is to set up the LM1 for datalogging. Like what kind of equipment do you need to get it working.

I was looking at the accessories they had and it looks like I can get an Inductive clamp so I can get my RPM signal from my plug wire. But should I get RPM convertor (LMA-2) or the Auxbox (LMA-3)? I can use either one of these and wire up my engine sensors to the LMA 2 or 3 inputs right? from the looks of it the Auxbox has more sensor inputs.

Can I connect either one of these to my laptop and view the AFRs and sensor inputs in realtime? or do they connect to the LM1 controller and I just record with the controller and later plug it into my laptop to view a datalog?

TIA
Old 07-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Anyone datalogging with Innovate LM1? (BlueShadow)

ive datalogged a/f ratio, but i dont have the little connector to be able to datalog other sensors.

when viewing the a/f log, instal the cd software, go to lm1 manager, open the datalog tab, plug the serial cable into the lm1, click on the show log thing i think it is, and then it will upload all the datalogs you have done. each one comes up as a session, and you can pick which session to view. i think thats pretty much how it went
Old 07-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone datalogging with Innovate LM1? (blackeg)

yah I read about that in the manual, but from the sound of it you can only examine your log after the pull. I wanted to be able to watch the datalog in realtime too. And I also wanted to be able to monitor a few other things like MAP pressure, IAT's water temps. Besides, without an RPM and load (vacuum/boost) reference what good is the datalog? Without any of the LMA accessories to get sensor inputs the only thing the LM1 controller records is AFR right?
Old 07-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So should I get the LMA 2 RPM convertor or the LMA3 auxbox? the RPM convertor can be used by itself right? I just gotta wire in my MAP sensor to it and configure it through the software?

does that sound about right?

TIA
Old 07-24-2005, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right about the RPM converter. It has a few inputs for datalogging. The AuxBox is made to be more of a permanent solution.

As for watching the datalog live, you can watch a gauge setup on your laptop in real time (with all of the same inputs as the datalog), but the datalog can only be viewed after you've finished it.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone datalogging with Innovate LM1? (Turbo D17)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo D17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're right about the RPM converter. It has a few inputs for datalogging. The AuxBox is made to be more of a permanent solution.

As for watching the datalog live, you can watch a gauge setup on your laptop in real time (with all of the same inputs as the datalog), but the datalog can only be viewed after you've finished it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the input...I looked at a pic of the auxbox and it does look like a standalone type datalogging system.

Also I was thinking about using CromePRO and my laptop to datalog with too. But are you saying that the LM1 software has a gauge utility? that way I can connect my LM1 controller to my laptop and watch the AFR's, RPM and MAP readings in realtime as the LM1 controller records?

I was going to use both CromePRO and after a pull compare datalogs. I was also gonna use CromePRO and use that as my realtime viewer. But if the LM1 equipment and software can do that to, it's good to know.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have used this and yes you can watch it in realtime and then play it back but do yourself a favor and get the auxbox , the rpm converter is a pos and very unreliable .
Old 07-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I use the RPM converter and the inductive pickup... works great.

I actually just got an obd1-&gt;obd1 extension harness that I have tapped to the other inputs on the RPM converter... this way I don't have to use the inductive cable at all, and I can datalog MAP, IAT, TPS, etc. I can do all this on a car with no aftermarket ECU, without cutting or tapping into wires.... I like it.

The LM-1 datalogging is easy to use...

And yes with their new software, you can look at values in real time w/ a laptop. Or you can record and view the graphs later.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone datalogging with Innovate LM1? (dustin)

Thanks for the replies guys,

Dustin, I didn't even think about tapping into my OBD conversion harness. I was gonna tap it directly to the dizzy, but your idea would save trouble. If you dont mind me asking, what pin/wires have you tapped?

TIA
Old 08-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey again guys,

I just bought the LM1 RPM convertor and the inductive clamp. I just wanted to get some tips on how to set up my stuff. For doing street tuning do you guys think it would be a good idea to use the inductive clamp? or should I wire in the RPM convertor to my ECU harness to get my RPM signal? At first I was just gonna tune my car at Modacar with this setup, but I wanna try giving street tuning another shot.

so what do you guys think?
TIA
Old 09-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Id also like to know about the inductive pickup being used with street tuning, will the movement of the inductive clamp whilst driving cause interferance?

Is there a way to view which part of the map the car is using and adjust, not realtime maybe that would be asking too much I guess but enough to adjust it precisely on the map so it can be reburnt upon returning to the garage/house etc.
An example of this is on the autronic software, where you follow the red box with the blue box on the map (or possibly the colours the other way round)

Thanks
Old 09-15-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone datalogging with Innovate LM1? (djnikko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djnikko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Id also like to know about the inductive pickup being used with street tuning, will the movement of the inductive clamp whilst driving cause interferance?

Is there a way to view which part of the map the car is using and adjust, not realtime maybe that would be asking too much I guess but enough to adjust it precisely on the map so it can be reburnt upon returning to the garage/house etc.
An example of this is on the autronic software, where you follow the red box with the blue box on the map (or possibly the colours the other way round)

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, the LM-1 datalogs raw sensor voltage and its up to you to put in the proper formula to actually realize what temp, pressure, etc the sensor is actually reading.

The only way to do what you want to is datalog straight from the ECU as it is where you will get the most accurate reading of what you need...