Notices

Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby?

I"m looking to get a stage 2b hondata setup for my car but I cannot locate a dealer near me. Do any of your guys w/ hondata live anywere near Harrisbugh PA and are capable of tuning this for me? I emailed hondata to see what they could do but I didn't get a response yet.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby? (jamal-188)

On the hondata web site there are a few dealers listed in the north of Virginia. Also Bruces Speed Shop Rockaway NJ 973 664 0192 is a new dealer not yet listed on the web site.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:39 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby? (jamal-188)

I'm looking to get set up to deal Hondata and do the tuning as well. I'm going to be aligning with a Dyno shop in Syracuse NY (not far from you considering I had to drive all the way to Toronto until I decided to start providing this service for the upastate NY area). I will be offering wideband Lambda tuning followed by final dyno tuning at their shop which of course will mean you land up with a well tuned chip burned for your car. Is this something you will be interested in?

I am currently living in Sayre, PA and will be moving to Ithaca, NY this summer. About 3hrs from you!

[Modified by GruvyTune, 11:39 AM 2/20/2002]
Old 02-20-2002, 02:01 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby? (GruvyTune)

What's the name of the Dyno shop in Syracuse and where in Syracuse is it located? I'm looking for a Hondata tuner closer to me than Virginia.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:17 PM
New User

Default Re: Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby? (LEON)

The guy is Jim Ford in Liverpool NY. He does not tune Hondas and knows little about them. Race engines is his interest. I am going to start doing it as a service part time (doctor full time) since I am passionate about the hobby. There needs to be a Honda/Hondata tuner in this area and I am confident I can provide the service at a reasonable cost. If there is interest, I will try to provide the service. Jim and I will be meeting in a few weeks and arrange some details whereby I will tune the ecu with my wideband and we will rent his dyno facility to complete tuning.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:04 PM
Trial User

Liverpool! That would be great for me as I used to live in Cicero and still go up to the area to visit.

What kind of Dyno does he have and what kind of wide band O2 sensor do you plan to use?

Please keep us updated?!?
Old 02-20-2002, 04:11 PM
New User

Default Re: Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby? (LEON)

I'm about 2hrs south of there now and will be living in Ithaca NY starting july.
I have a Hondata 4B and chip burning capabilities and I am getting quite good at it.
I will be using a variation of the diy wideband sensor controller based on the circuit from techedge in Australia. We'll be good to go in about 2 weeks.
I'll let people know. I am not looking at getting too BIG and spread too thin. I am going to specialize in forced induction honda/acura so I can be available to support those people I will be working with. I will be building a workshop with a lift in my new house as well.
Torin
Old 02-21-2002, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We do Hondata here at our shop in Harrisburg. I see your in Denver so your only a short drive down the turnpike. We are only about 10 minutes off of exit 19. We have maps for a turbo car and a dyno if any tweaks need to be made. Give us a call, infos in the sig
Old 02-21-2002, 08:02 AM

I had to drive all the way to Toronto
who does hondata tuning in toronto..?????
Old 02-21-2002, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby? (boosted3g)

We do Hondata here at our shop in Harrisburg. I see your in Denver so your only a short drive down the turnpike. We are only about 10 minutes off of exit 19. We have maps for a turbo car and a dyno if any tweaks need to be made. Give us a call, infos in the sig
Sounds good!! Acutally I just moved to middletown so I'm prob like 10 minutes away from you guys. I think I missed SGT's groupbuy on the Hondata units? What could I expect to spend in tunning time/$ to get everything running smoothly? I don't know how long this kind of stuff takes or what dyno time costs?
Old 02-21-2002, 11:14 AM
New User

Default Re: Anybody w/ Hondata in PA, or nearby? (Giuseppe)

call Paul Neethling in Toronto:

his website is on the Hondata website.
I met him and did prelim. tuning with him. He's a standup guy.