Notices

Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon??

Post up and let me know. Just curious.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon?? (GiNuWiNe)

i think they are only going to go up. too many people whoring out their products... what it will come down to is the parts ****** will be driven out, and only the people who can provide actual customer support will be around.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the only way price will go down is if demand does. and from the looks of it that isnt happenning anytime soon.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbosnatch)

No they have gone up recently. More and more people getting into them. Maybe in a year or so..
Old 02-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbozxi)

I think with Borg Warner moving in on Garrett's territory... And Holset becoming a popular affordable option to GT series... Garrett is slowly losing it's monopoly.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:46 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

Default Re: Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon?? (SEFIxCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think they are only going to go up. too many people whoring out their products... what it will come down to is the parts ****** will be driven out, and only the people who can provide actual customer support will be around.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon?? (Ken Peak)

Ken's got some aweosme prices on the GT Turbo's. So if they are going up, u better give him a ring now while the prices are pretty reasonable.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon?? (BodyKits NW)

The market price plays a huge factor in what the overall MSRP will be. While we enjoy great pricing now, it usually leads to increased pricing in the long run.

Of course if there is reduction in production costs and increased demand, that may drop the MSRP a bit. But in these times, material and labor costs are always increasing rather than decreasing, so I wouldnt expect High Quality Name brand products to lower in price.

One example is the Quaife LSD. It used to be retailed at $895 with a street price of $830-860.00 Still a decent price and retailers make their decent money. Now the MSRP is $995 and companies are still lowballing at $850.00 when the profit margin is now almost nothing.
While one factor of the price increase is due to the exchange rate of the Dollar, I still believe that the lowballing was a reason for the increased MSRP. This move is actually a good move by the Manufacturer/Distributor. It does not DEVALUE their product and still keep their image as a quality company.

In the end, its all about you get what you pay for. Good parts cost money.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon?? (exospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The market price plays a huge factor in what the overall MSRP will be. While we enjoy great pricing now, it usually leads to increased pricing in the long run.

Of course if there is reduction in production costs and increased demand, that may drop the MSRP a bit. But in these times, material and labor costs are always increasing rather than decreasing, so I wouldnt expect High Quality Name brand products to lower in price.

One example is the Quaife LSD. It used to be retailed at $895 with a street price of $830-860.00 Still a decent price and retailers make their decent money. Now the MSRP is $995 and companies are still lowballing at $850.00 when the profit margin is now almost nothing.
While one factor of the price increase is due to the exchange rate of the Dollar, I still believe that the lowballing was a reason for the increased MSRP. This move is actually a good move by the Manufacturer/Distributor. It does not DEVALUE their product and still keep their image as a quality company.

In the end, its all about you get what you pay for. Good parts cost money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is common with ever single product out there. I think the companies need to really start hammering down on their wholesale program. AEM is 1 company that can be pretty strict with their wholesale program. I think a lot of these companies need to really start thinking long term, because if there is no money to be made they will not attract the larger wholesalers.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon?? (BodyKits NW)

Keep the comments coming, also Ken you have a PM
Old 02-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody think Garrett GT prices are going to go down anytime soon?? (GiNuWiNe)

one nice thing about the gt hype is t3t4 have dropped in price
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree BKNW. Thats why you see shops come and go since they are all trying to just make ends meet and ***** out products cuz they have to.

If the manuf. was strict, then Distributors are willing to stock 20-40K worth of product to wholesale to the smaller shops. The smaller shops in return still get a good deal and everyone is selling at a fair price.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:26 AM
B*A*N*N*E*D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BodyKits NW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ken's got some aweosme prices on the GT Turbo's. So if they are going up, u better give him a ring now while the prices are pretty reasonable. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, but, PhoenixTurbo.com actually has the awesome prices on all Garrett turbochargers

Anthony(HT=PhoenixTurbodotCom) is actually going to be taking over my position, and can help everyone just the same, if not better than i could.

1-877-23-TURBO