Notices

Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!!

Whats up guys? i just got done today with installing my Hondata 2B on my turbo GSR hatch,,,, just a breakdown of what i got quickly,,, 98 gsr (stock internals) DRAG 3 kit, 550cc cpr injectors (vsracingparts.com) holley 255 pump, Tial gate, msd 6al,,,, ok now this article here is to show apprecitation to the guy that did my hondata tuning and installation,,, BOOSTED-HYBRID (jeff). first off anybody in the tri-state area, or anybody willing to travel far to get thier hondata done,, i would like to highly recommend this guy, 100% legit, extremely professional, and amazingly talented in tuning hondata,,, i mean i ran the simple fmu setup for the longest time,, happy with that initially, but i wanted to clean it up and stop the shitty hesitation,,,, all i can say is my ****** car at 10psi is ******* amazing,,, compared to what it was,, jeff estimated (street tuned only because of dyno issues) that the car was at or around 300 to the wheels,,, i cant tell anybody considering hondata what a difference this system makes, everything is clean absolutely no hesitation at all, its another car all togather!!! i mean jeff street tuned this for almost 4 1/2 hours!! we finished up at around 10pm and he gave me his word he wouldnt cut anything short! the guy is a class act! trust me if your around here you want to talk with him, very cool person to talk to and extremely helpful in all areas of tuning and motor building,, i will bring all my future motor buildup and tuning work to him as long as im into this game,, there is nothing more i can say about his professionalism,, trust me you will hear this kids name in the future in this growing industry. But like i said my car is ****** amazing to drive now and i thank Jeff and hondata,,, and also honda-tech, without this, i would have never met jeff or ditched the shitty fmu for Hondata! definately check him out!!!!!!! thanks
Old 06-05-2003, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (DLOTYPER)

Jeff is the man he tuned my car , and i am extremely pleased with the results and the time he took to show me how hondata works on top of tuning my car.
Im trying to talk him into getting a dyno now at the shop
his work is top notch though
to Jeff
Old 06-05-2003, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (itr206)

After seeing Jeff do his work, I decided that hondata is the only way to go. I can't wait to get my car to him, whenever it gets done
Old 06-05-2003, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (ricodemus)

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Old 06-05-2003, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (DLOTYPER)

Good job jeff!
Old 06-05-2003, 07:21 AM

where is he located??? I'm located in jersey also
Old 06-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (92JDMSiR)

he's in like Allentown area in Pa. Bethlehem i think to be exact. Right off of 78
Old 06-05-2003, 07:43 AM

oh ok hats not that far then. I noticed that the cars that you have had done by jeff were not heavily modified. in my case I have a fully built block and head, and was lookin to make good power around 20psi. do you think that he's up for that?? sorry for the babbling but spending all this money and having a tuner incorrectly tune my motor would suck for my pocket.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (92JDMSiR)

you should see his motors, he has 2.1l fully built Gsr motors, i believe 2 of thme for his own personal use and i think a b16 on the side too , he will be tuning mine again in the next feew weeks when the motor is done as well as DC2R714's. Yes he has experience with higher boost motors, he just doesnt have the reults on his site yet.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (itr206)

ok then... I guess that answers my question on who is tuning my motor
Old 06-05-2003, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yup jeff is top class guy.. very good .
Old 06-05-2003, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (b18bturbo)

Jeff has been helping me a lot the last few weeks. I am in IL and there are no tuners remotely close to me so I decided to take on the task myself. I went ahead and bought everything needed to do the Hondata tuning myself including the romulator.
With his help, I have been learning more and more on the proper way to tune. He has given me a dozen plus pointers to help me do this painlessly. So far it is working good. My only problem is finding the few hours needed all in one day.

Thanks again Jeff for your advice. from me!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (ladysman)

yea i sometimes wish i had 30 hr days and id be aight
Old 06-05-2003, 11:11 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Good work due.. Keep it up. Just curious jeff, howmuch experienc do you have with Accel DFI 6.0?, Just wondering for future reference
Old 06-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (SIXTYdashONE)

Jeff has always answered my questions in great detail, great guy
Old 06-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (int3gra)

92JDMSiR Tuning your built block will be no problem at all. There really is no difference between tuning 10psi and 20psi other than higher cylinder pressures and higher horsepower numbers. In your case all the 20psi must be done on the dyno since it will get really unsafe to try and street tune the boosted maps. Pm or email me if you are further interested.

SIXTYdashONE My experience with Accel DFI's lies in the older version's, and mainly on non Honda's. I wish I could say I have tuned a Honda with DFI, but tuning is tuning and Honda's are my specialty so it would be quite easy to get adjusted to the Honda engine quickly.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:05 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: Anybody in the NJ, NY, PA area looking into hondata?? READ THIS!! (boosted hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> My experience with Accel DFI's lies in the older version's.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Then thats all me, Ill keep you in Mind for further reference, thanks man.