Notices

Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance?

I want to know if there is such thing like that where i can fianance racing parts like turbos, cams, headers, ignition box etc.

thank you i would love to know it
Old 10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (bignewtCA)

Sure, its called a credit card. Check it out.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (Muckman)

http://www.slowboyracing.com ....known the owner for some years.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (RC000E)

bump
Old 10-21-2007, 08:18 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (bignewtCA)

Save your money and buy over time. Don't finance. Financing is the same as flushing money down your toilet.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (Dunc)

As a recovering charge-aholic i can advise you to just save your money and build your car slow with cash. I just finally got out of debt and what a great feeling it is. It sucked when I was paying off credit cards from 5 setups ago
Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yowza.

living beyond your means is not where it's at dude
Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

living beyond your means is not where it's at dude</TD></TR></TABLE>

but it's the American way!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (Boner_Ben)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boner_Ben &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As a recovering charge-aholic i can advise you to just save your money and build your car slow with cash. I just finally got out of debt and what a great feeling it is. It sucked when I was paying off credit cards from 5 setups ago </TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't agree more man. I of all people know about this kinda thing and now do business the same way you do. It's cash or nothing.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (Jay_Sensing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Couldn't agree more man. I of all people know about this kinda thing and now do business the same way you do. It's cash or nothing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

who wants nothing though?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WrongWD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yowza.

living beyond your means is not where it's at dude</TD></TR></TABLE>
Agreed 100%

Financing a turbo kit through a shop is a good way to turn a $3000 kit into a $5000 by the time it's all said and done.

If you can't pay cash I would suggest using a very low interest rate card. The best thing is to definately save up and buy what you can piece by piece cash.
(FYI: The GE capitol rate on Car Care One accounts is generally 22.98%)
Old 10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Autoworks)

I hope everyone owns their cars in this thread, and that means if your making payments...you don't own it.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope everyone owns their cars in this thread, and that means if your making payments...you don't own it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

100% free and clear
Old 10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do rich parents count
Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.slowboyracing.com ....known the owner for some years.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah and the owner has to be one of the biggest A(_Y_) holes ever. Please don't buy from them!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (CBURKE)

if i was a shop i wouldnt finance... our shop (not a performance shop) stopped doing it for the most part a few years ago.. too many people dont pay their bills.

just save your money and you'll be able to buy parts soon enough.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance? (CBURKE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CBURKE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah and the owner has to be one of the biggest A(_Y_) holes ever. Please don't buy from them!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never said he was a nice or cool guy....just said I know him. I've known him since he worked out of his house.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i was a shop i wouldnt finance... our shop (not a performance shop) stopped doing it for the most part a few years ago.. too many people dont pay their bills.

just save your money and you'll be able to buy parts soon enough. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Their financing is through a finance company....they are paid whether the buyer pays his bills or not.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope everyone owns their cars in this thread, and that means if your making payments...you don't own it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I own my civic and my 04 ranger 4x4, still make payments on my 06 WRX but not for long. I wouldn't mod a car I made payments on. Been there, done that, didn't work out well lol.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rota92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddies have taken personal loans on car parts and its HILARIOUS.

Sure I'm 70k under right now, but I have a new truck, trailer and school bills. But I still have plenty of money to kill more than monthly payments and play. Thats the key, if you can't afford it...don't buy it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a bit different. Hell I am 150k or so under, BUT, I "own" my house (well, the mail box and the front porch are paid for, the bank owns the rest still) but like everyone else said, financing a "race" car is rediculous. It adds up stupid fast when you don't really notice your spending it because you're only making payments on your parts.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pwn your title, HAHA!!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

GM does
Old 10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (paulzy)

like everyone has said, living beyond your means will only get you into trouble down the road. i waited 3 yrs to pc my kit together as i had the $. plus i own my car as well, so that does help not making a payment......

good luck, and be smart....
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thelate1)

best thing I can tell you is prioritize...and buy when you can afford it. Ive been slowly working my project since 1999. Now I can finaly afford to take it off the road and go full tube chasis. I learned the hard way back in the day trying to jump right in and compete with the big dogs...it was realy expensive and didnt last long. now I can afford to keep up on the maintence and race full time.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syner-G-Racing LLC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing LLC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">best thing I can tell you is prioritize...and buy when you can afford it. Ive been slowly working my project since 1999. Now I can finaly afford to take it off the road and go full tube chasis. I learned the hard way back in the day trying to jump right in and compete with the big dogs...it was realy expensive and didnt last long. now I can afford to keep up on the maintence and race full time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this was my mistake at first too. My consequences? I had to sell the hot rod project a few years back and started on a new SFWD project which should be done at the end of the off season. All owned and paid for.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont finance. I HATE CREDIT CARDS.

I used to have a srt4 that I financed and put 7k into it on credit (it adds up fast).

long story short. it cought on fire and I was 2k upside down on the car and still owed the 7k.

**** happens.

I now OWN a 94' EX and a 91' crx that I pieced together a turbo kit and still owe a little on the credit cards from 3yrs ago
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jay_Sensing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I "own" my house (well, the mail box and the front porch are paid for, the bank owns the rest still) </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol...I know that feeling...I own my mailbox and privacy fence, and maybe one of my sinks by now.

Quick Reply: Anybody know a Racing Store that Finance?