Notices

Anybody know about the Top Fuel or Apexi turbo kits, or have one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody know about the Top Fuel or Apexi turbo kits, or have one?

I was thinking about getting a whole setup probably in a month or so and was just wondering about these two. The Top Fuel one sounds good but haven't heard of anybody having one probably because it's pretty damn expensive and I heard the Apexi one is pretty good too and a little more to my price range. I don't want to make or build up a kit and I don't want a greddy or rev hard. Do you guys have any experience with these and any feedback on the quality? Any ideas on where to purchase these kits for less.

Top Fuel: http://www.raretrick.com/index...=6847

Apexi: http://www.raretrick.com/index...=5795
Old 04-26-2004, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know about the Top Fuel or Apexi turbo kits, or have one? (dfunkd)

i think those kits aren't worth the money. since you seem to be willing to fork out cash, get a full-race kit. while on the expensive side, they are proven in quality and power. you definately get what you pay for, which is something i can't say about those jdm kits.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:49 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know about the Top Fuel or Apexi turbo kits, or have one? (SEFIxCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFIxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think those kits aren't worth the money. since you seem to be willing to fork out cash, get a full-race kit. while on the expensive side, they are proven in quality and power. you definately get what you pay for, which is something i can't say about those jdm kits.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats true . they are nice kits . but you can get so much more for the same price or less.

full race has a nice kit . or piece your own.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody know about the Top Fuel or Apexi turbo kits, or have one? (dfunkd)

i have an apexi sohc kit and i love it. lag is almost non existent and power doesn't roll over at all at redline & 21psi and it is a very small turbo. very good street setup if your looking for usable power. only problem ive had with the kit was breaking the downpipe which was replaced with a 3in
Old 04-26-2004, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Anybody know about the Top Fuel or Apexi turbo kits, or have one? (sohcT)

Save your $$ and go for a Full-Race turbo kit It will end up giving you a lot more hp than an Apexi kit.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks ppl! I forgot about the Full Race kit. That's probably what I would get when the time comes.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how cool is this, i have a top fuel kit for sale, pm me about it