Notices

anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ?

im looking for a decent kit for my si just wondering if anybody is running the AFI turbo kit or the Boost flow turbo ? ?

or has anybody seen or heard of these kits, info please ? ?

Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ? (Joeski99Si)

afi makes some of the best kits around.the manifolds are tested and tested again to insure flow dynamics.i swear by anything afi.
ive been looking at boostflow stuff lately,its looks pretty friggen good.thinking about calling them soon
Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ? (redrim)

Both companies are good to go. Boostflow is owned by a guy who was a partial owner of AFI. They had some issues and Boostflow ventured out on their own. Both you can't go wrong with either I would say go for the cheaper company.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ? (SD_Lurker)

Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AFI=Amazing
Old 10-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ? (TIGboy)

We're an authorized AFI dealer, if you have any questions feel free to contact us
Old 10-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't really know anything about boostflow but AFI makes a great kit.

The 3 companies that I tend to put people towards are here in order of cost

peakboost
afi
full-race

I would run any of these 3 kits without a hesitation. I personally went the peakboost route and I don't have a single regret in doing so.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ? (archull)

AFI for me...

Stock GSR TURBO with the AFI street kit 11.54@123mph on a bone stock GSR motor @14psi...

Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump.

Anyone else ?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AFI is good stuff. 11.2 with stock GSR on pump gas. I have a kit in stock and on sale.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AFI FTMFW!!! and i live right next to them!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (irishflame27)

Both companies are goodie to me. I know both krews pretty well and they are both pretty swell companies lol.

Although boost flow did weld my pan for free. thanks josh and andy
Old 10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (honduh_head)

AFI gets my vote! I'm going on the dyno next week with their kit!
2x for Jesse with an excellent customer service!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redrim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">afi makes some of the best kits around.the manifolds are tested and tested again to insure flow dynamics.i swear by anything afi.
ive been looking at boostflow stuff lately,its looks pretty friggen good.thinking about calling them soon</TD></TR></TABLE>

Flow dynamics? There is no flow dynamic testing done over there to my knowledge..

I'm not trying to start anything here, lets just keep the facts straight. Pretty much every aftermarket Honda turbo manifold manufacturer figures out how to fit turbo A into package B, by cutting up pieces and tacking stuff together.

Very few do any sort of cad work or "flow dynamics", or any sort of testing at all, unless you consider sending the work to a customer and getting feedback "testing".

With that said, all of the mentioned companies make decent products, I've seen them all first hand, hell, Full-Race and AFI are within 1/4 mile from my shop, and Boostflow is a couple miles from my house.

I would have to say though, that Full-Race does do more product engineering than most, and I have an inch thick book of test data to prove it. The disadvantage of this work is the price of the product, but it is up to the consumer to decide if this product is for them or their budget.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Jesse@AFI

Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ? (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Flow dynamics? There is no flow dynamic testing done over there to my knowledge..

I'm not trying to start anything here, lets just keep the facts straight. Pretty much every aftermarket Honda turbo manifold manufacturer figures out how to fit turbo A into package B, by cutting up pieces and tacking stuff together.

Very few do any sort of cad work or "flow dynamics", or any sort of testing at all, unless you consider sending the work to a customer and getting feedback "testing".

With that said, all of the mentioned companies make decent products, I've seen them all first hand, hell, Full-Race and AFI are within 1/4 mile from my shop, and Boostflow is a couple miles from my house.

I would have to say though, that Full-Race does do more product engineering than most, and I have an inch thick book of test data to prove it. The disadvantage of this work is the price of the product, but it is up to the consumer to decide if this product is for them or their budget.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really wanted to avoid this thread like the plague...

Just want to clear up some stuff...First off i have NEVER claimed our manifolds are tested to insure flow dynamics. I try to avoid engineering terms and anything that reminds me of college (other than girls) at all costs. I do however, know what makes a manifold do what it should do well, although it is alittle more than cutting up pieces and tacking them together.

If you want to be specific, There has been CFD analysis done on our b series intake manifold and Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 Twin scroll Exhaust manifold. My brother is a Turbine engineer @ G.E. ...Has access to all the software and helps me out quite a bit. I really wish he would post on here sometimes, very smart kid. Im sure he would love to debate some of the stuff, where most just open their mouth and wait for the spoon, not even comprehending 99% of it...

I actually sent out 3 manifolds this week alone (non-honda stuff) on my dime, for testing, not "customer feedback." Its obviously not possible to do it all in-house and i don't know anyone that does, especially when your product line spans more than just Honda's.

I do agree all mentioned companies make a good product, its a small world and it has to be decent to be competitive..

As for costs... Lets be real here.. Overhead &gt; ANY R&D that has ever been done.

I could go on alot more...but thats hearsay, and this thread is about AFI or Boostflow Turbo kits

Old 10-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ? (Jesse@AFI)

Normally, I avoid these threads as well, since most of my income as a tuner is based on tuning local cars, local cars that are referred to my shop by other local shops and manufacturers. I knew that by posting my comments, I would be jeopardizing some of those referrals, but I don't believe in spreading misinformation..

I did say that "all of the mentioned companies make decent products", and I mean it. These products aren't the typical ebay garbage, and I routinely recommend them all to customers looking for turbo manifolds. Each manufacturer has its own strong points (and weak points), usually having something to do with pricing, lead time, welding techniques, etc..
Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would love to see a top mount manifold flow test between the many different manufacturers a test done by someone neutral so we can see what's what.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tagperformance)

AFI all the way...
Great products that makes power
Best customer service i've experience with out of state orders.

Mike
Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ludicrous)

Dang, I have seen boostflows work. it's pretty good. I know Full-race owns this scene but I can admit that I've seen some pretty nice manifolds from boostflow, peakboost, and AFI. I can't take sides. it all comes down to how much you want to spend.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
Both companies are good to go. Boostflow is owned by a guy who was a partial owner of AFI. They had some issues and Boostflow ventured out on their own. Both you can't go wrong with either I would say go for the cheaper company.
no its not.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ?

Why in the world do you keep bumping 3 year old threads? We get it already.. you don't like AFI or its affiliates, message received. Please be done with this ..
Old 10-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody heard of AFI or Boost flow turbo kits ?

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Why in the world do you keep bumping 3 year old threads? We get it already.. you don't like AFI or its affiliates, message received. Please be done with this ..
your like h/t security lol