Notices

Anybody familiar with Autronic ECU's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody familiar with Autronic ECU's?

I was debating about engine management systems with a friend the other day, when we started talking about this Australian company called Autronic. For a while i had decided to go with the SpeedPro setup until i read about the Autronic setups. The same guy that worked in designing the MoTec ECU's is the same guy that started this company. They have a lot of features and it's at a very reasonable price. Right now, i'm looking at their SMC ECU. It's fully programable, sequential fuel injection, can control VTEC, has an antilag feature, and a whole lot of other features. I also like their AutoTune option that makes tuning very easy from what i've read. I talked to a guy who was running it on a 3000gt and he loves it. I just wanted to see if anybody here has or knows of any experience as to running this setup on a Honda motor. The setup looks great, but wiring would be a pain in the *** to redo. Here's their website : http://www.turbofast.com.au/autronic/smcecu.html

[Modified by boostaholic, 1:06 PM 12/31/2001]
Old 12-31-2001, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anybody familiar with Autronic ECU's? (boostaholic)

It's pretty nice. It does have alot of Auxiliary inputs and outputs. The only problem I can see is the triggers. I'm not certain it will run using our stock trigger configuration. If it won't use the stock triggers, then the cost/labour of mounting a new trigger wheel makes it more of a hassle than it's worth.

It doesn't have a reluctor adaptor built in for magnetic triggers, so you'll have to buy one seperately, $70.00 unless you mount a new trigger wheel. I have a reluctor adapter here if you decide to go with the Autronic.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:02 PM

thanks for the info, ttt
Old 01-02-2002, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

E-mail Nate R. for more infor about the system.

nate@race101.com

He currently uses it on his race VW. They have not put one on a Honda yet, but the last time I spoke to him, they were in the process. He is very helpful and knowledgeable about the product.
Old 01-02-2002, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's badass. Curtis (the owner of max-rev) uses it on his personal car and likes it more than any other ecu, period.

the auto-tune feature is amazing.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anybody familiar with Autronic ECU's? (FFgeoff)

I've never seen one on a Honda over here in Thailand, but I have sat in a friend's R32 Skyline with one installed. he runs mid 11's on the track with street tires. His car is FAST. And he has had no complaints whatsoever from it. So I guess its good Hope you can find someone who knows how to tune it right