Notices

Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase?

im in new york and need a tuner soon. dont really trust the shops around here, anyone else in the sameboat and want to set something up for a proven tuner to come up and tune a few cars?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im in new york and need a tuner soon. dont really trust the shops around here, anyone else in the sameboat and want to set something up for a proven tuner to come up and tune a few cars?</TD></TR></TABLE>

easton, PA
Jeff Evans
Old 04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jeff says he doesnt do AEM EMS anymore.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: (dunkd)

What kind of car are you getting tuned? Sell your EMS and run Neptune, or hondata assuming that is an option.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I could do that but I want to be able to control my own car...
Old 04-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for mase to make northeast a trip!!
Old 04-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ralphe is a good AEM tuner. My friend got his car tuned at DRT.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbocivic94)

Ehh.....IDK......I was gonna go there, but don't really trust him....

Job spetter ...Turbo People...Hastings NY..not too far
Old 04-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (m R g S r)

Jeff evans doesn't do AEM anymore? hmm i guess that means time to find someone that does in PA area.

I too would like to be able to change stuff on my own and would like to keep it simple, going to be running cop too and AEM can do that pretty easy. Thats sucks that a good tuner not too far away won't touch the AEM
Old 04-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (80884)

I thought Jdogg was coming up here in june I think is what he told me and there was a post about it I am almost positive he is going to be in either NY or the northern part of Jersey.Just pm him and I am sure he will let you know
Old 04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (dunkd)

I am going to try and get mase up here around the end of may. It all depends on if my new set up is done by then. If I bring him up again I am keeping this small only like 4 or 5 cars b/c I want to make sure everyone has plenty of time for him to tune the car and work out any little bugs that come up so everything is not rushed and people don't get stressed out.

Plus this time I want some time to go out and party it up.

Old 04-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (underpressure02)

I think it's pretty retarded that you want to fly in a tuner, yet you still want to 'play with things' on your own...

If you can't tune it yourself, you shouldn't be ******* with it once it's tuned.

Just take your car to Jeff Evans and be happy.

The End.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (Suprdave)

Fernando Cunha also tunes AEM ems. I will try to get his number

Adriano
Old 04-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (Suprdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's pretty retarded that you want to fly in a tuner, yet you still want to 'play with things' on your own...

If you can't tune it yourself, you shouldn't be ******* with it once it's tuned.

The End.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Get it tuned by somwone that knows what they are doing first. Then if you even want to play withthings, change rev limits, change two step, play with thaction control any of that stuff you can do it on your own without taking it to the "licenced tuner"

2. once it is tuned and you decide to upgrade something, you can take an already good map and go off of it to get retuned on your own. i mean really if i change somethign on my car i want to be able to adjust for it and not have to take it somewhere to fix it.

3. Someone said Jeff doesn't do aem anymore. He doesn't like them or something. So taking it to jeff will get you no where.

I don't understand how you can have a car tuned and not adjust stuff within the ems, rev limit, two step, boost and different aux outputs (aem has 16 of these). Without being able to control your own stuff you'd have to see a tuner everytime you want to change something. Thats good if you want to set it and let it. I'm sure you could go neptune or something like that and then get to the track and realize your running too much boost and have 6 other boxes controling two step, boost, and who knows what else. to that. Just my opinions.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (80884)

If you can honestly setup the boost control on an AEM...you should know enough to setup the boost comp and tune it.

All I'm saying, is playing with the EMS is going to do you more bad than good.

Leave well enough, alone...Unless you know what you are doing.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I know what you mean. It just sounded like you were calling everyone retarded for having someone tune it then if they want to change something on there own (provided they know what they are doing) that they should not touch the original tune.

you last sentance explains it all.....Leave well enough, alone...Unless you know what you are doing.

Also let me add this...over 60% of aem users don't even need what it offers and should not really invest in one.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: (80884)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 80884 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Thats sucks that a good tuner not too far away won't touch the AEM </TD></TR></TABLE>

you are partially correct, when you said:
AEM
Old 04-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pkoury)

Whats wrong with AEM? Since you are giving it a thumbs down? So maybe YOU don't like it. explain please....
Old 04-24-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: (pkoury)

Phil back me up on this one, but Jeff prefers not to work on the AEM EMS if there are better alternatives out there. On cars like the S2k where there are no other viable options he will use EMS. The fact of the matter is, money is an effective language of communication. I am sure he would do it if the price is right, but I think his arguement is it takes entirely too long to setup and tune the EMS vs. the hondata and Neptune systems.

Modified by jdmvtec28 at 10:03 PM 4/24/2005
Old 04-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am not any good at tuning and dont have any idea how to tune but I rhink if you are never going to play around with it then you are limiting yourself to never know how to and nothing against you Suprdave but I personally believe you have to start somewhere just like all the tuners did its gonna be trial and error .I think if you decide to try to tune it yourself you know there is a possibility of something going wrong but I think that is the only way to truely learn how to do it.I personally am going to have J dogg tune it but I would eventually like to learn on my own .Just my .02
Old 04-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suprdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's pretty retarded that you want to fly in a tuner, yet you still want to 'play with things' on your own...

The End.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really hope this comment was not meant towards me.

And everyone needs to get off Jeff's dick. He does not tune AEM so why even post that bs in this thread?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 80884 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats wrong with AEM? Since you are giving it a thumbs down? So maybe YOU don't like it. explain please....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would also like to know what is wrong with the AEM EMS? It is funny how everyone in PA is on Jeff's and Neptune's dick.

Sorry phil but I would take my aem over hondata and neptune anyday.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (underpressure02)

Sounds like simple economics to me. He doesn't tune AEM because it hurts the Neptune business. I'm probably wrong so ignore me.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (dc2legend)

I think Jeff does a great job on neptune and Jdogg does a great job on aem and mase pretty much does a great job on anything but what I dont get on here is when people tell you just sell it and get XXXX that just doesnt sound right to me if everything was that way we would all be sheep and on the bandwagon.I like to go against the grain sometimes and as long as it doesnt hurt performance why not they are all great tuners so go with what you like.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:09 PM

if you want to tune your own car sell the aem.
use that 1100 you get and buy a chip burner, download uberdata,buy a wideband o2, and get your ecu socketed.

after you spend the wopping 500 bucks you can tune your own car.
no reason to have to spend 500 bucks on a tune everytime u change something on your ride.

if the tuner blows your motor during a dyno tune they are not resposnable to fix it, if you blow your motor during a tune you can use the money u saved and buy another one.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase? (siblues)

Fernando Cunha is in NJ and might help you out with the tuneup on your ems, don't have any contact information though.

In my opinion, switching to Neptune is really not a bad option to consider. It's a lot cheaper, and you have a very good tuner close by (Jeff Evans). Not to mention neptune is a proven system and does offer some adjustability plus datalogging for the end user, and I can guarantee you won't have any hardware issues like with some other systems.

Quick Reply: Any intrest in having a TUNER come up to the Northeast? JDogg, Mase?