Notices

Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC?

Just wondering if any of you high Hp/Boost guys are using the 200$ ebay intercoolers, How you like them, would you buy another? what one exactly did you get?

thank you
Kyle
Old 04-28-2005, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (N20civicB18)

I personally wouldnt run an EBay FMIC, as most people will say, you get what you pay for. I wouldnt skip out on anything that could cause any damage, pay the full price for a real one.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:06 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (knockout)

My guess: guys with high whp probably have a built motor. Built motors cost $$$. Therefore they have money to buy a nice FMIC, and I don't see why they would ever consider cheapin' out on an ebay FMIC when they are making like 600+whp.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My guess: guys with high whp probably have a built motor. Built motors cost $$$. Therefore they have money to buy a nice FMIC, and I don't see why they would ever consider cheapin' out on an ebay FMIC when they are making like 600+whp. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm a broke *** high school kid....i could use all the money i can get...espically if i save on car parts...my point, i dont try to waste money, but i already learned, pay a little more now, and pay less in the future...just do it right the first time. Precision/pwr/spearco=
Old 04-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (m R g S r)

theres one that my friend uses that i just got. its a polished 30x12x3. lookup the seller streetimports, they are 179$ buy it now plus shipping usually. my friend is making 447whp on this intercooler at 20 psi with 9.1:1 compression on a gsr for over a year now beating it to death. I think this intercooler passes the test and thus im running it on my VERY similar setup that is going in soon. I think this is the way for you, i too am squeezed for moola at times, and i go my homework before i just buy stuff.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (SP00LIN)

for low boost applications they work okay, but once you start getting into the double digits, i suggest getting something better.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (integlspwr2k)

I dunno man, i'd at least go JRC. They're really cheap. I mean, look at whom youre asking, the high horsepower guys, if you want a high horsepower honda, you're gonna spend alot a dough, why risk all that money on a low quality ebay intercooler?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (N20civicB18)

I don't know if you'd consider 408WHP high, but I run a cheapo $200 ebay intercooler. At 22 PSI my charge air temps are 11 degrees higher than ambient. After I did the math and figured out how much intercooler I really needed (and it's not as much as most people would think), I contacted one of the ebay FMIC sellers who makes them out of his garage and let him know what type of core material I wanted, what dimensions I needed it to be, and how I wanted the end tanks on it. He made it to my specs and I bought it via ebay for $200. If you do some research on the subject, you will be able to figure out what you need and avoid paying too much for a giant maximum-bling FMIC.

Here's a pic of my $200 ebay special:

Old 04-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (300whpOrBust)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 300whpOrBust &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno man, i'd at least go JRC. They're really cheap. I mean, look at whom youre asking, the high horsepower guys, if you want a high horsepower honda, you're gonna spend alot a dough, why risk all that money on a low quality ebay intercooler?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend has a JRC intercooler, my ebay intercooler has more quality to it then the jrc one does, durability is the first quality my "ebay" intercooler comes out superior on. mine looks better. and we are running 447 on it with more power easily to spare. Look into my previous post for those intercoolers, im telling you, big price doesnt always mean big results or big difference.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (rmcdaniels)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know if you'd consider 408WHP high, but I run a cheapo $200 ebay intercooler. At 22 PSI my charge air temps are 11 degrees higher than ambient. After I did the math and figured out how much intercooler I really needed (and it's not as much as most people would think), I contacted one of the ebay FMIC sellers who makes them out of his garage and let him know what type of core material I wanted, what dimensions I needed it to be, and how I wanted the end tanks on it. He made it to my specs and I bought it via ebay for $200. If you do some research on the subject, you will be able to figure out what you need and avoid paying too much for a giant maximum-bling FMIC.

Here's a pic of my $200 ebay special:

</TD></TR></TABLE> Link to seller what are the spec's on yours? 6in* 24in *3??
Old 04-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (turbozxi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbozxi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Link to seller what are the spec's on yours? 6in* 24in *3?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't remember, it's been a year or so since I bought it.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres a link to the exact intercooler we are running that i was talking about above. same price as i said before too. Supports the power and is durable and affordable no doubt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33742
Old 04-29-2005, 10:04 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP00LIN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33742 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ooohhhh, look. The guy says it's JDM.
I have a new rule as far as buying **** on ebay goes. If the seller throws those 3 letters in there to try to get people to buy hsi **** I just skip right passed it.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (IslandSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ooohhhh, look. The guy says it's JDM.
I have a new rule as far as buying **** on ebay goes. If the seller throws those 3 letters in there to try to get people to buy hsi **** I just skip right passed it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its just simple marketing and advertisement man. it could be made in JAPAN for all we know. i know the box it came in said SONAKI on it whatever the **** that means, regardless we have proven it to be efficient enough for 20 psi and 447whp. we had 25 psi running through it one time on a shitty tune making 415. so it supports lots of boost.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:20 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP00LIN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its just simple marketing and advertisement man. it could be made in JAPAN for all we know. i know the box it came in said SONAKI on it whatever the **** that means, regardless we have proven it to be efficient enough for 20 psi and 447whp. we had 25 psi running through it one time on a shitty tune making 415. so it supports lots of boost. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand. I'm just boycoting all the "JDM" sellers out of pure spite.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (IslandSi)

i use the OBX $300 FMIC and it ******* rocks! (from ebay ) I had a Spearco FMIC that i wound up not using. both are bar/plate design. Side by side the construction is identicle looking through the end tank openings the inner core is identicle as well. They totally copied spearco. But hey,,, im sure as hell not complaining! worth every penny!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC? (rmcdaniels)

WEAk<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rmcdaniels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't remember, it's been a year or so since I bought it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my JRC intercooler
Old 04-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've used Ebay FMIC on all me setups. The highest boost application so far is my bro's 1G DSM turbo boosting at 20psi. Ebay FMIC holds up fine with no boost leaks.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am using one and running 17 psi boost and about 470 whp. It works fine for me.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (98ctr aka onefstek)

i wouldnt run anything egay but thats me... hell, i got my brand new PWR 22x10.5x3 (CORE) for 320 shipped from socal
Old 04-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wouldnt run anything egay but thats me... </TD></TR></TABLE>

just because its on ebay does NOT mean its crap.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98ctr aka onefstek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98ctr aka onefstek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just because its on ebay does NOT mean its crap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Me and friends have sold lots of high quality parts on there. Walbro fuel pumps are sold cheap on there....they work perfect. I give Ebay FMICers two thumbs up.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: (Boosted Power)

Ebay FMIC Screw the Haters.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DCteg505)

I personally have used 3 Ebay intercoolers on 3 different car I have built for people and have never had A issue and each one of the cars have over 400 hp.
As long as you buy the bar & plate design you can't go wrong and not the tube and fin core design.I know someone that had A Apexi intercooler and the welds weren't penetrated and it would blow out the end tanks at the welds to the core,there core design is one of the best but if you don't put the same quality into the welds then it defeats the purpose of the quality core unless your just buying there core. EBAY INTERCOOLERS

Quick Reply: Any high HP guys running ebay FMIC?