Notices

Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina?

Just curious if anyone knows of any good Hondata tuners near South Carolina. I don't want to drive 4 hours away unless its really necessary.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (SuperTeg95)

Mark at turbotune in greensboro is an authorized dealer, tuner, installer, you might want to give p1auto in fort mill a call as well.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (slywfbpsi)

P1, go see Jack....www.P1Auto.com
Old 07-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (Mildly Interesting)

Do you know from experience if these guys are good?
Old 07-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also P1auto uses a Mustang dyno, and that is not what I want. I prefer a dynojet.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he here suawnee only about 1.5-2 hours away from greenville balanced performance ed is the bomb. he tunes everyones car in ATL hondata is his specialty partial throtle and WOT everyones car hes done has not come back. i recomend his shop. ther is a group of 4 of us we are doing a group deal we are renting his dyno for a whle day and hes gonna treat us real well.

balanced performance - 678 546 3133
Old 07-22-2003, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that's why I recommended mark at turbotune first, since he has a dynojet.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperTeg95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also P1auto uses a Mustang dyno, and that is not what I want. I prefer a dynojet. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like you want a dyno plot to post and brag about above all. Who cares what kind of dyno it is as long as it is calibrated correctly, provides consistent results, and has a knowledgeable tuner running it.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nick, I don't know why you don't want to go to a Mustang dyno but you might wanna talk to Jack. I have been talking to a guy that got tuned there and he said he's very good. If you worrying about lower hp numbers you could always get tuned there and ride down to Columbia and get on the dynojet. IM me and let me know how soon you plan on going. Me my bro and Lee are going to P1 before Nopi.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (Too_Smooth)

Yeah, we can get a better deal the more people we have coming.

Lee
Old 07-22-2003, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (RStoR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RStoR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sounds like you want a dyno plot to post and brag about above all. Who cares what kind of dyno it is as long as it is calibrated correctly, provides consistent results, and has a knowledgeable tuner running it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you just reply so you could start some drama . I would prefer not to go to a mustang dyno because it does give lower numbers. Of course I would rather see higher numbers. I'm not trying to hide that. If P1auto was the only ones around that were good then I would go to them, but if another place that has a dynojet is better then them the I would go to them. Most of all I do prefer a good tune.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:54 AM

They are pretty reasonable on there price to start out with, so if we had like 4 people going on the same day the price would start to look even better.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperTeg95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you just reply so you could start some drama </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not in the slightest! My point is that a pre and post- dyno run, regardless of dyno model, will show you and every other person you want to know the gain you received from tuning. The measure of a dyno is the operator/tuner, not the model used. Jack picked his Mustang version because, as a tuner, it offered advantages over a Dynojet. If you don't know what those advantages are, then do some homework or better yet ask Jack versus just saying..."that is not what I want".
Old 07-22-2003, 06:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RStoR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sounds like you want a dyno plot to post and brag about above all. Who cares what kind of dyno it is as long as it is calibrated correctly, provides consistent results, and has a knowledgeable tuner running it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree 100%!!
Old 07-22-2003, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (CzanSOHC)

You guys have turned this into something its not. If your not gonna reply with helpful ideas and a good place to tune then don reply at all. I will admit, I don't know the advantages of a mustang dyno. All I know is that I've used a dynojet and if was nothing but helpful. I've never heard anything good about a mustang dyno, that's why I havn't researched it.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The only main reason someone would prefer a mustang dyno over a dynojet is because you are more able to tune for different loads and part throttle better.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:18 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperTeg95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys have turned this into something its not. If your not gonna reply with helpful ideas and a good place to tune then don reply at all. I will admit, I don't know the advantages of a mustang dyno. All I know is that I've used a dynojet and if was nothing but helpful. I've never heard anything good about a mustang dyno, that's why I havn't researched it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you're a homo, go see Jack for tuning.....you Dyno *****
Old 07-22-2003, 09:55 AM

I plan on going to P1 Auto within the next few weeks. I have spoken to them on several occasions and they seem extremely knowledgeable. I have also spoken to several people that would highly recommend them. In regards to the dynojet and Mustang dyno, since the mustang dyno is a load dyno you should be able to get better part-throttle tuning, rather than just WOT on a dynojet.

Skipnutz
Old 07-22-2003, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (ElectronMan)

Skippy u should ride down with us, so we can get a cheaper price on the tunning.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:24 AM

You are about 2 hrs from Atlanta. I recommend Ed's over in Balance Performance. He does all my tuning needs.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slywfbpsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only main reason someone would prefer a mustang dyno over a dynojet is because you are more able to tune for different loads and part throttle better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Absolutely right! Everyone who has ever tried tuning there own stuff knows that you'll go thru a tank of gas fast as hell or have have terrible throttle response without tuning your partial throttle maps. You can't do this on a Dynojet, at least very effectively. Most real tuners will hook you up to a wideband and make you drive around for a few hours to get this right. That is what Mark at Turbo Tune (dynojet) will make you do and try to get Mullet-man at Precision Performance (dynojet) to do that! If you're gonna have the car tuned, do it right the first time and don't skimp....but hey what do I know!
Old 07-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't go anywhere near Brian at Percision, unless I just needed a baseline run, he doesn't like to even use a wideband, and has no tuning tips. At least Mark will give you a brief overview for you to get an understanding on tuning your part throttle maps.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone personally tried Mark at turbotune or p1auto? Please let me know. I need to tune fairly soon.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina? (RNPoo7)

ive taught precisionh23a a few things, he's near charleston
Old 07-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Better than steak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slywfbpsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only main reason someone would prefer a mustang dyno over a dynojet is because you are more able to tune for different loads and part throttle better.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That is what you call tuning. At least that is what most people wanted? Y

Quick Reply: Any GOOD Hondata tuners near South Carolina?