Notices

Any difference between Earl's, Russell, Goodridge, or Aeroquip fittings and lines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any difference between Earl's, Russell, Goodridge, or Aeroquip fittings and lines?

I am looking to order my oil feed/return line (already have needed info), just curious to know if there there a major noticeable difference in the above listed products ?

Just looking for input on the above company's product..
What do most of you guys run??

Eric
Old 03-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any difference between Earl's, Russell, Goodridge, or Aeroquip fittings and lines? (Midwestride

I bought all earls for my pervious setup...but I now bought a maxrev kit which came with aeroquip and they seem to be the same good quality.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any difference between Earl's, Russell, Goodridge, or Aeroquip fittings and lines? (Midwestride

ive got earls and russel..same stuff really(between those two)
Old 03-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only real difference is the fittings.

I know that earls makes the swivle fittings that make installing the lines a whole lot easier...

Earls also has the anti-bling black anodized fittings.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:19 PM

Cool thx..
Old 03-03-2003, 04:58 PM

I remember someone, I think it was Dustin, posting that Aeroquip fittings did not work as well or at all with Earls Performo-flex line.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember someone, I think it was Dustin, posting that Aeroquip fittings did not work as well or at all with Earls Performo-flex line.
That's strange. I don't think there is any difference in quality between the brands, though. Any of those brands would've been fine with me, but I went with Goodridge stainless fittings because they were the only company to sell a stainless steel banjo to -3an adapter. What do I know though, they are the only ones I've ever used besides the Greddy fittings.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well for one, for Earl's, the speed flex, will not work with perform-o-flex hose ends and vice versa...

it wasn't the brand, it was the fact that it was two different kind of lines..

speedflex is a little tighter flare and it is teflon coated, versus the perform-o-flex is a standard 37 deg flare and synthetic rubber lining

Goodridge makes swivel fittings as well...but as far as weird *** selections of adapters and inverted flaring, Earl's has more selection than goodridge, aeroquip and etc...

stan
Old 03-04-2003, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have all aeroquip for oil and they are fine...I managed to bust a goodridge fitting when installing my brake hoses, which was really lame. It might have been my fault, but I was squeezing both wrenched together with one hand! so, it wasn't THAT much force...