Notices

any 1 boostin f motor with apexi fc commander

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any 1 boostin f motor with apexi fc commander

im about to boost my f23a1 and im thinking about using my fc commander i have lying around ..is any body else using this set up????????
Old 02-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any 1 boostin f motor with apexi fc commander (dr.firme.ef.)

You'll need the PowerFC ECU, the commander is just the handheld unit to tune the PFC.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:30 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: any 1 boostin f motor with apexi fc commander (tokesGTR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tokesGTR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You'll need the PowerFC ECU, the commander is just the handheld unit to tune the PFC.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you cannot use the B-series ECU unit for the F-series motor. I've had Power FC in my boosted B-series for over 5 years. In your case your best option is Hondata/Neptune/eCUtune.....etc.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM

Default Re: any 1 boostin f motor with apexi fc commander (tokesGTR)

i have the ecu too .are you using it
Old 02-26-2008, 06:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr.firme.ef. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the ecu too .are you using it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your question is rather difficult to understand. If you're asking if I use the ECU, again, YES, that's the only way it will work. Which Model Number ECU do you have?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Default Re: any 1 boostin f motor with apexi fc commander (TheShodan)

when i turn it on it says b16b...can it be reprogramed or just tuned to my engine...
Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr.firme.ef. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when i turn it on it says b16b...can it be reprogramed or just tuned to my engine...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have the EK9 model. You would have to have a power excel tuner, or someone with Datalogit for the F22 (which is not made) to wipe the data from that ECU entirely, and start from scratch. The worst part is that it cannot be done with the commander alone, (you'd spend 10 hours tuning even if it WERE for the B16b), and you would have to find out all the sensor inputs needed to even start the car. The reason Power FC has specific models for specific cars is so that there is a "basemap" of sorts to start the car, and tune from that point. Most people that tune a turbocharger on a B-series VTEC engine spend an upwards of $500 or more to get it tuned properly. You are actually going to put yourself in a world of hurt attempting to do this in the name of "I have it here anyway", when you could simply sell the unit, and use the funds to get much more compatible system that will be easier on the heart, and wallet.

In essence, I'm not saying Can't be done.. (Hell, anything CAN be done), but it is not worth it to try to do this in your particular case.

On a side note, I'm rather concerned as to how you came to such a unit, when you have No idea of its capabilities. Your response of "I turn it on, and it says B16B", leads me to possibly infer that this unit was ill-gotten (a polite way of saying stolen). If that is not the case, my apologies in advance, but please try and understand my point of view. You're a trial user, basically stating that you have NO idea what this ECU can do...

Again, my apologies if I've offended you in anyway, but the clues are present. I tend to be a bit skeptical to online question lines such as this.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:06 PM

Default Re: any 1 boostin f motor with apexi fc commander (TheShodan)

one of my boys had a boosted b18c...motor blew and i ended up with the unit...i was gonna boost my crx ls vtec but decide to stay all motor on the b and turbo the f.....i have a hondata too...i think it had a p30 base map for boost.. would it be better to use that...and no im not offended on how you think i came acrross it..and i know what it is capable OF just not sure what its compatible with...thank for your hep
Old 02-29-2008, 10:46 AM

If you do plan on using the apexi fc make sure your tuner is willing to use it.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dr.firme.ef. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one of my boys had a boosted b18c...motor blew and i ended up with the unit...i was gonna boost my crx ls vtec but decide to stay all motor on the b and turbo the f.....i have a hondata too...i think it had a p30 base map for boost.. would it be better to use that...and no im not offended on how you think i came acrross it..and i know what it is capable OF just not sure what its compatible with...thank for your hep</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok. Really, use the Power FC for a B-series engine (VTEC) and use the hondata on your F -motor. That is the best way to use both systems.

Thanks for understanding my point of view..