Notices

Another Victim of MOTORMATIX

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Victim of MOTORMATIX

Damn, now it is all clear after doing a search. Should of did that before I ordered anything. Well heres my story, on 12/28/03 I placed an order online for a Golden Eagle sandwich adapter. I haven't received confirmation and when I call number it is now disconnected, but I've been charged for it . I had really needed this adapter to get my car running (long story), but finally it will come in soon havent felt boost in about a month. After loosing hope and facing the fact that I have got ripped off, I decided to place an order through http://www.robearracing.com excellent customer service . I could care less about the money I guess its just the principle.

BUYER BEWARE
Old 01-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Another Victim of MOTORMATIX (ntegls)

I would say this thread will help out future people from getting scammed...but you spelled his user name wrong.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Another Victim of MOTORMATIX (hybridreams)

Damn, sure did. I think he changed the shop name to Rich Auto Works in Davie FLA, at leasts thats what it says on my credit card statement.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:28 PM

I ordered from them back in november, got the part last week. I sent numerous e-mails, made a ton of calls (when the number was still good). All I can say is he came through. Thankfully I was not waiting on what I ordered to get something running.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Another Victim of MOTORMATIX (civic-4-ges)

fckin bastards...i ordered two ge cam seals from him and never recieved it. good thing i paid by cc...i dont have to pay a dime. i email GE about it because they list motormatrix on their web site as an authorized dealer.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

His last post here was 12/16/03
Old 01-14-2004, 05:35 PM

Do you all agree that it would make us feel a little/lot more comfortable knowing who we're buying our stuff from?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=717986

Old 01-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hope Mike or someone starts looking at these threads
Old 01-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (0x64)

What happened to him last i heard he shot a rod threw the block then all these people didn't have thier parts but he had thier money, hmmmmmm something is wierd.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

*** dude. Same here. I even supported Mike on a thread similar to this about a month ago when everybody is ******* the crap out of him. I ordered an SFP manifold from him which came in a decent time frame. When I ordered my manifold, which was around mid of December, I also included the GE "sandwich" adapter. I thought that maybe my card was not charged. So I checked my email receipt from motormatrix to make sure. Sure enough, I was charged. I attempted to contact Mike many times in many ways through email and phone. No responses. Motormatrix message forum is disabled as well. I also sent him a PM through here. No response. **** really pisses me off cuz like ntegls, I need this to get my Teg runnin. I sure hope that Mike finds a courteosy to come in here and tell us what is up. I do care about the money, even if it was less than $100. I worked hard for that money and earned every single penny of that......I hate inconvenience but I hate down time even more.......
Old 01-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (thermalfi'd16)

Can anyone confirm Jesse and/or Mike is still at ...

1799 N. State Rd. 7 #5
Margate FL 33063

or did they move?
Old 01-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (0x64)

Seems like he just kinda disappeared for a month. Good luck to all of you.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:08 PM
New User

He's not dead or anything is he? Has anyone heard from him?
Old 01-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess it's time to contact ben @ importparts to see if he can get me this fuking adapter...
Old 01-14-2004, 06:22 PM
New User

Default Re: (thermalfi'd16)

you guys were warned....thats all i will say about that.

if you paid by credit card you can get your company to go after him. tell them you are refusing to pay and they have people that will help you find him.

another idea is to contact the source of the parts you ordered for example, golden eagle, and tell them he has ripped you off and maybe they will stop dealing with them as well and/or can help you get the parts you ordered.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:32 PM

IMHO, I think it is not only mike is at fault. SOme companies are lagging in their orders. In fairness to guys who you think scammed you, It could probably a case of stocks that are on back order.

Some people are just plain scammers but sometimes you have to think about it. Did the seller say he has it in stock? If the seller has it in stock and no delivery then there's a high percentage of scamming.

I have a distributor friend for Sport compacts and he orders a lot of times from a certain manufacturer. Delivery takes so long but they are not scammers. Back order guys. Lots of people interested in sprot compact parts.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SUNBURST)

^

it would be differant if he would keep in contact with people instead of people making threads on the internet so he can see it, he dissappears all the time no one knows where he goes and if he is going to come back he has been gone for a month now. SO call your CC company and have them go after him you arn't going to get th emoney any other way. A few people in flordia don't know where he is.

Jinx did you do away with mike? j/k
Old 01-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bet they got new turbo's for their cars !

getting scammed is no joking matter but consider this a BUMP ! ppl should know !!!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Killer_B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Killer_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bet they got new turbo's for their cars !

getting scammed is no joking matter but consider this a BUMP ! ppl should know !!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah like they needed another turbo mike with his big ol gay roll on monster *** street turbo PT71
Old 01-14-2004, 06:59 PM
New User

Default Re: (SUNBURST)

I f he indeed doesn't have it in stock his first thing to do would be to contact his customer and inform them as to what's going on...

I had my motor out in cali with earl to build it for me and at the time the acl bearings went on backorder...I didn't get the block back when it was earlier quoted BUT the first thing he did was contact me and apologized which I didn't mind because these things are going to happen...

NOW on the flip side if my motor was out in cali and I paid someone and then didn't get it in a reasonable time then I too would get the feeling of a scam...at the very least that is BAD customer service and no one should look to him for future dealings...

In my job if I sold someone a honda crv and they paid for it and had to wait for it to come in and I didn't call them and tell them the boat sank with theirs on it I'd be fired...

Ok I'm done...mental note, add motormatrix to the never order from list (a list which is freightingly long) corey
Old 01-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B17aTURBO)

i dont think hes out to scam anyone..
his business practice just seems to be up and down.....down especially when his car is.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:23 PM
SS

Yes, BUYER BEWARE. I dont think he is scamming you though. He just takes way to long and lies which to me is unacceptable.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:48 PM

i ordered cp pistons and pauter rods from motormatrix.com (Mike to be specific) over 4 months ago... i got told that the parts were on back order, and all the excuses, i hadnt heard from him in over 1 mont, and i finaly got a hold of him on the phone, and he told me he would get to the bottom of it, and i should call him back the next day, he even gave me his cell phone number.. when i went to call hi ack, there was no answer, i have honestly phoned hi over 40 times in the past month.... now the shop number is disconected.... i have accepted that i have been scammed by them...
Old 01-14-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Another Victim of MOTORMATIX (SS)

i posted this a week or so ago. AND I WILL KEEP ON POSTING IT UNTILL I GET MY STUFF!!!!!!!!! BUT THERE IS A UPDATE OF THIS PROBLEM AT THE BOTTOM.this is my my problem with mike right now...i emailed him on nov 7th with some intercooler piping questions, he emailed my the following day with some great great advice! so i called him at his 877 number he answered all my questions over the phone again with awsome advice. so i told him ill call back in about an hours to place my order. he picked up again right away i placed my order he told me it would take 5 days for sfp to make my piping and it would be shiped out the following monday and that he would email me the tracking number when it was shipped out that monday. i was very very pleased with his service at that time......then the following monday rolled around no email with my tracking number, ok no big deal he forgot to email me my tracking number. no big deal. i wait a week no intercooler piping... huh thats kinda weird its only flordia not that far to ship 3-4 days max to get to milwaukee. so i tried to call him no answer...try callin him again later in the day no answer....so i get home from work and email him no response to my email...wait a couple of day longer with no response...write another email STILL NO RESPONSE!!!!!!! its getting out of hand!!!! ive been calling at his 877# and his local fl # he does not answer either phone. ive been writing and calling for 2.5 weeks now with NO response what so ever!!!! i know hes just one guy, and i can understand if something happens and its a week later or what ever or even a few weeks. but there is NO reason why he cant tell the customer. most of us are very understanding, all we need is to be informed about what is going on. but so far all i have to say is he took my money and ran. i know he might be backed up but, how long does it take to write back an email saying what the hold up is...2 mins max!!! i mean come on this is no way to run a shop!so mike if your out there just let me know whats going on, and if your going to order from mike i would think twice. but hes a very smart guy and knows his stuff, just has just about the worse customer relations i have ever gotten from any place.

update......it took like 3 weeks for mike email me back. this is what he said, that it was franks fault i did not get my piping, and that he would call frank and ask when hes planin on sending out my piping. i thought this was very weird bc sfp(frank) is always ontime, i have ordered alot of stuff from him directly. so i waited one week no piping. so i try calling mike and his phone lines are disconected!!!!!!!great great i just got screwed out o 380 bucks!!!! so i call frank ask him what was up, is he backed up if so how long it would take.... stuff like that. he put me on hold and came back saying that mike never even placed an order for delsol intercooler piping!!!!!! so i explained to him that its paid for and now mike is blaiming it all on you that i dont have it. i called him(frank) today (jan14,04) and he talked to mike somehow and he is now making it today , getting it powdercoated tomorrow and shipped out this friday!!! all i got to say that mike is a real jerk and a POS. but frank is a awsome awsome guy for handling this for me. when he had no obligation to do anything for me. good luck to all of you with your problems, but thank god mine is almost over...i think

Old 01-14-2004, 08:00 PM
SS

Default Re: Another Victim of MOTORMATIX (boostedsolv10eater)

SFP helped me get the manifold and downpipe I ordered from Mike. The only thing they could not help me with is the dump tube I ordered which I just made myself, and wrote it off as a loss. This is sad. I hope everyone gets their orders or money back. I wish people like Mike realized how hard honest people work for the money they use to modify their cars.

Quick Reply: Another Victim of MOTORMATIX